Confedrate history about race?

thinking that black people fought a war to be able to stay slaves is the height of insanity

The civil war wasn't about slavery dumbass!!

It most certainly was....but of course, people like you find that FACT to be a tad uncomfortable, so you continue the myth.

The war started because the south felt they were no longer represented in our government. Lincoln's being elected without a single vote from a southern state was the straw that broke the camels back. The beginning was years previously when they past a tariff on manufactured goods, forcing the south to purchase their goods from the north but no such tariff was passed on raw goods so the north could purchase their goods from anybody. As you know, the north was heavily manufacturers while the south was heavily agricultural. South Carolina is the only state that listed "slavery" as their reason for seceding from the union. Four slave holding states remained with the north and their slaves were not freed until AFTER the civil war, giving the lie to your myth of it being about slavery. Though I am sure that the north lied to it's troops and told them it was about slavery to get them to fight their brother's as I'm sure Americans wouldn't have gone up against Americans for simply wanting to secede and put in their own government.

The misrepresentation continues in our schools today. Get a blasted history book and READ!

I found out more about the civil war when I was homeschooling my son than I ever found out in our public schools. This whole argument is because public schools aren't teaching the full truth to our kids and many of you have no idea what you are talking about.

The fact is blacks fought for the southern cause. Deal with it!

How many out of the 3 million slaves?

What does that matter? Even if it was just one, I'd still be right.

OK, one....One black soldier (probably a personal servant)....and now Secesh can crow about Blacks supporting the Confederacy.....even tho his OP pictures are of Black UNION soldiers.

So, when are you going to Secede? The U.S. will be the better for your loss.

The civil war wasn't about slavery dumbass!!

It most certainly was....but of course, people like you find that FACT to be a tad uncomfortable, so you continue the myth.

The war started because the south felt they were no longer represented in our government. Lincoln's being elected without a single vote from a southern state was the straw that broke the camels back. The beginning was years previously when they past a tariff on manufactured goods, forcing the south to purchase their goods from the north but no such tariff was passed on raw goods so the north could purchase their goods from anybody. As you know, the north was heavily manufacturers while the south was heavily agricultural. South Carolina is the only state that listed "slavery" as their reason for seceding from the union. Four slave holding states remained with the north and their slaves were not freed until AFTER the civil war, giving the lie to your myth of it being about slavery. Though I am sure that the north lied to it's troops and told them it was about slavery to get them to fight their brother's as I'm sure Americans wouldn't have gone up against Americans for simply wanting to secede and put in their own government.

The misrepresentation continues in our schools today. Get a blasted history book and READ!

I found out more about the civil war when I was homeschooling my son than I ever found out in our public schools. This whole argument is because public schools aren't teaching the full truth to our kids and many of you have no idea what you are talking about.

Oh Pul-leeze! The SOUTH didn't even allow Lincoln on their ballots and the SOUTH chose to split into different versions of the Democrat Party...their own stupid fault.

So...here we have it. Lonestar ALSO believes that Jews volunteered for Auschwitz. How very sad to be anyone in any way associated with your craziness. :cuckoo:

How sad it is that you have to resort to lies when you lose your ass in a debate.

Your own words, Secesh. Your own words.

My words? Show where I have made such a claim about Jews. As a matter of fact show any post where I talked about jews. Other than this one there isn't one.

How many out of the 3 million slaves?

OK, one....One black soldier (probably a personal servant)....and now Secesh can crow about Blacks supporting the Confederacy.....even tho his OP pictures are of Black UNION soldiers.

Your concession is duly noted.

BTW, I haven't once thought about seceding. Just another example of you making shit up.

Oh Pul-leeze! The SOUTH didn't even allow Lincoln on their ballots and the SOUTH chose to split into different versions of the Democrat Party...their own stupid fault.

The south did not want Lincoln elected, yet he was. It was the straw that broke the camel's back. As I said, do some reading. It started years previously with the tariff on manufactured goods. There were many other incidents in between, all leading to the fact that the south felt they weren't being represented in our government and our Declaration gave them not only the right to secede, but the duty.

The south did not want Lincoln elected, yet he was. It was the straw that broke the camel's back. As I said, do some reading. It started years previously with the tariff on manufactured goods. There were many other incidents in between, all leading to the fact that the south felt they weren't being represented in our government and our Declaration gave them not only the right to secede, but the duty.

So, because they did not get the President they wanted, they broke away like the sore losers they were...and they fired the first shots...started a war that crushed them.

Boo Hoo.

The South was run by secesh trash.

They attempted to leave (and got their collective ass handed to them in a massive FAIL) because (1) they would not accept constitutional electoral process (they lost -- does that remind any of you of some folks we know here?); they took federal property; and the resisted lawful federal restraint on their actions.

The secesh trash lost and good riddance.

They attempted to leave (and got their collective ass handed to them in a massive FAIL) because (1) they would not accept constitutional electoral process (they lost -- does that remind any of you of some folks we know here?); they took federal property; and the resisted lawful federal restraint on their actions.

You do realize that was over 140 years ago. Don't you? Why so bitter?

I am not bitter at all, LL. Some of you unreconstructed confederate and republic of texas folks are. I suggest this gently yet firmly: get over it. You lost the Civil War. You lost in 2008. You are going to lose again.

How sad it is that you have to resort to lies when you lose your ass in a debate.

My words? Show where I have made such a claim about Jews. As a matter of fact show any post where I talked about jews. Other than this one there isn't one.

You didn't refute his comments on Jews at all...you thanked him for his concession...that "concession" that referred to Jews. Your own words...but apparently your word means nothing?

I am not bitter at all, LL. Some of you unreconstructed confederate and republic of texas folks are. I suggest this gently yet firmly: get over it. You lost the Civil War. You lost in 2008. You are going to lose again.

Now I'm a unreconstructed confederate? A Republic of Texas folk?

Do tell what is a Republic of Texas folk?

FYI, I wasn't IN the Civil War, therefore I lost nothing. I didn't run in 2008 so again, I lost nothing. I simply stated facts about blacks that have served in the Civil War who had fought for the Confederate cause.

Black Southerners fought alongside white, Hispanic, Indian, Jewish and thousands of foreign-born Southerners. They fought as documented by Union sources:

Frederick Douglass, Douglass' Monthly, IV [Sept. 1861,] pp 516 - "there are at the present moment many colored men in the Confederate Army - as real soldiers, having muskets on their shoulders, and bullets in their pockets, ready to shoot down loyal troops, and do all that soldiers may do to destroy the Federal government...There were such soldiers at Manassas and they are probably there still."

"Negroes in the Confederate Army," Journal of Negro History, Charles Wesle, Vol. 4, #3, [1919,] 244-245 - "Seventy free blacks enlisted in the Confederate Army in Lynchburg, Virginia. Sixteen companies of free men of color marched through Augusta, Georgia on their way to fight in Virginia." "The part of Adams' Brigade that the 42nd Indiana was facing were the 'Louisiana Tigers.' This name was given to Colonel Gibson's 13th Louisiana Infantry, which included five companies of 'Avegno Zouaves' who still were wearing their once dashing traditional blue jackets, red caps and red baggy trousers. These five Zouaves companies were made up of Irish, Dutch, Negroes, Spaniards, Mexicans, and Italians."

Noe, Kenneth W., Perryville: This Grand Havoc of Battle. The University of Kentucky Press, Lexington, KY, 2001. [page 270] From James G. Bates' letter to his father reprinted in the 1 May 1863 "Winchester [Indiana] Journal" [the 13th IVI ["Hoosier Regiment"] was involved in operations around the Suffolk, Virginia area in April-May 1863 ] - "I can assure you [Father,] of a certainty, that the rebels have negro soldiers in their army. One of their best sharp shooters, and the boldest of them all here is a negro. He dug himself a rifle pit last night [16 April 1863] just across the river and has been annoying our pickets opposite him very much to-day. You can see him plain enough with the naked eye, occasionally, to make sure that he is a "wooly-head," and with a spy-glass there is no mistaking him."

The 85th Indiana Volunteer Infantry reported to the Indianapolis Daily Evening Gazette that on 5 March 1863: "During the fight the [artillery] battery in charge of the 85th Indiana [Volunteer Infantry] was attacked by [*in italics*] two rebel negro regiments. [*end italics*]." After the action at Missionary Ridge, Commissary Sergeant William F. Ruby forwarded a casualty list written in camp at Ringgold, Georgia about 29 November 1863, to William S. Lingle for publication. Ruby's letter was partially reprinted in the Lafayette Daily Courier for 8 December 1863: "Ruby says among the rebel dead on the [Missionary] Ridge he saw a number of negroes in the Confederate uniform." Federal Official Records, Series I, Vol XVI Part I, pg. 805: "There were also quite a number of negroes attached to the Texas and Georgia troops, who were armed and equipped, and took part in the several engagements with my forces during the day."

Federal Official Records Series 1, Volume 15, Part 1, Pages 137-138: "Pickets were thrown out that night, and Captain Hennessy, Company E, of the Ninth Connecticut, having been sent out with his company, captured a colored rebel scout, well mounted, who had been sent out to watch our movements."

Federal Official Records, Series I, Vol. XLIX, Part II, pg. 253 - April 6, 1865: "The rebels [Forrest] are recruiting negro troops at Enterprise, Miss., and the negroes are all enrolled in the State."

Federal Official Records, Series I, Vol. XIV, pg. 24, second paragraph - "It is also difficult to state the force of the enemy, but it could not have been less than from 600 to 800. There were six companies of mounted riflemen, besides infantry, among which were a considerable number of colored men." - referring to Confederate forces opposing him at Pocotaligo, SC., Colonel B. C. Christ, 50th Pennsylvania Volunteer Infantry, official report of May 30, 1862 "Sargt said war is close to being over. saw several negros fighting for those rebels."

From the diary of James Miles, 185th N.Y.V.I., entry dated January 8, 1865 Black Southerners also demonstrated loyalties based not on ownership, subservience or fear. The Confederate Burial Mound for Camp Morton, Indiana, at Indianapolis, Indiana, has bronze tablets which list the nearly 1200 Confederates who died at that camp. Among those names are 26 Black Southerners, seven Hispanic Southerners and six Indiaan Southerners. At a time when those Black Southerners could have walked into the Camp Commander's office, taken a short oath and signed their name to walk out the gates free men obliged to no one they chose instead to stay even unto death. Your understanding of that choice is likely nonexistent.

BTW, I haven't once thought about seceding. Just another example of you making shit up.

Of course, another lie....unless someone else put "Republic of Texas next to your Avatar.

So...apparently...any state that doesn't like who gets elected president can just leave AND fire on government troops on government property?

Anyone else here concerned that someone's homeschooled child is getting propagandized and not told the truth?

You didn't refute his comments on Jews at all...you thanked him for his concession...that "concession" that referred to Jews. Your own words...but apparently your word means nothing?

His comment on jews was a red herring. It had nothing to do with the topic. I ignored it and accepted his conceding to the fact that blacks did indeed fight for the Confederate cause.

You failed in reading comprehension didn't you? Yea, thought so.

Of course, another lie....unless someone else put "Republic of Texas next to your Avatar.

Texas is the only state that was a Republic before joining the Union and I'm proud of that fact since my family was very much involved in defeating Santa Anna and creating an independent Republic. Now please point out where I have ever advocated seccesion?

Republic of Texas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You do realize that was over 140 years ago. Don't you? Why so bitter?

Wait...who started this thread? About events 140 years ago?

His comment on jews was a red herring. It had nothing to do with the topic. I ignored it and accepted his conceding to the fact that blacks did indeed fight for the Confederate cause.

You failed in reading comprehension didn't you? Yea, thought so.

Really? Then why did you not point that out at the time? Why did you not differenciate between the comments on his post. Oh, that's right...you were busy AGREEING. to. the. entire. post. In fact, if it weren't for that FACT that you now are embarassed enough to back pedal, you still wouldn't bother to differenciate. You don't lie very well.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back