Confedrate history about race?

It's amazing how most people forget or are simply ignorant about the negroes that had also fought and died for the Southern cause.

Confederacy.jpg

colored_2.jpg

Silly comment. Very, very few blacks "fought and died" for master race democracy, whereas more than 33 thousand died for the North.

Link?

It's amazing how most people forget or are simply ignorant about the negroes that had also fought and died for the Southern cause.

Confederacy.jpg

colored_2.jpg

Um, your second picture is Union soldiers. And the South began arming Blacks in the very last months of the war in an act of desparation.....and even then only a very few. That picture you have is probably more than half of those armed.....out of the millions of slaves in the South.

Wait a minute...I stand corrected...those are ALL Northern soldiers. Look at the uniforms. The South never had the wherewithall to kit out their white troops like that let alone their "colored" troops.

Last edited:

Confederacy.jpg

colored_2.jpg

So what point are you trying to make?

Slavery was acceptable because the south had black troops?

Those aren't Southern Troops...either Lonestar Secesh is purposely lying or else he himself has been lied to.

you are a southerner who was taught to minimize what the south did to black people.

Hey stupid, educate yourself.

The majority of slaveholders, white and black, owned only one to five slaves. More often than not, and contrary to a century and a half of bullwhips-on-tortured-backs propaganda, black and white masters worked and ate alongside their charges; be it in house, field or workshop. The few individuals who owned 50 or more slaves were confined to the top one percent, and have been defined as slave magnates.

In 1860 there were at least six Negroes in Louisiana who owned 65 or more slaves The largest number, 152 slaves, were owned by the widow C. Richards and her son P.C. Richards, who owned a large sugar cane plantation. Another Negro slave magnate in Louisiana, with over 100 slaves, was Antoine Dubuclet, a sugar planter whose estate was valued at (in 1860 dollars) $264,000 (3). That year, the mean wealth of southern white men was $3,978 (4).

In Charleston, South Carolina in 1860 125 free Negroes owned slaves; six of them owning 10 or more. Of the $1.5 million in taxable property owned by free Negroes in Charleston, more than $300,000 represented slave holdings (5). In North Carolina 69 free Negroes were slave owners (6).

In 1860 William Ellison was South Carolina's largest Negro slaveowner. In Black Masters. A Free Family of Color in the Old South, authors Michael P. Johnson and James L. Roak write a sympathetic account of Ellison's life. From Ellison's birth as a slave to his death at 71, the authors attempt to provide justification, based on their own speculation, as to why a former slave would become a magnate slave master.

At birth he was given the name April. A common practice among slaves of the period was to name a child after the day or month of his or her birth. Between 1800 and 1802 April was purchased by a white slave-owner named William Ellison. Apprenticed at 12, he was taught the trades of carpentry, blacksmithing and machining, as well as how to read, write, cipher and do basic bookkeeping.

On June 8, 1816, William Ellison appeared before a magistrate (with five local freeholders as supporting witnesses) to gain permission to free April, now 26 years of age. In 1800 the South Carolina legislature had set out in detail the procedures for manumission. To end the practice of freeing unruly slaves of "bad or depraved" character and those who "from age or infirmity" were incapacitated, the state required that an owner testify under oath to the good character of the slave he sought to free. Also required was evidence of the slave's "ability to gain a livelihood in an honest way."

Black Slave Owners Civil War Article by Robert M Grooms

White's were not the only slave owners, and blacks were not the only slaves. My Ancestor from my mothers side came here in 1692 as an indentured servant. Nice way of saying SLAVE. If you did a little research you will find hundreds of thousands of whites were brought to America as slaves aka indentured servants.

Confederacy.jpg

colored_2.jpg

Blacks fighting FOR slavery! Only you nostar/nologic..only you..:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Incredible..astounding. Really dude...you need a shrink!

Hey stupid, the civil war was not about slavery. Do yourself a favor and read a history book.

Confederacy.jpg

colored_2.jpg

Um, your second picture is Union soldiers. And the South began arming Blacks in the very last months of the war in an act of desparation.....and even then only a very few. That picture you have is probably more than half of those armed.....out of the millions of slaves in the South.

Wait a minute...I stand corrected...those are ALL Northern soldiers. Look at the uniforms. The South never had the wherewithall to kit out their white troops like that let alone their "colored" troops.

Sure that Yankees were in charge of the Lousiana National Guard.:cuckoo:

These are Confederate Soldiers. I challenge you to prove otherwise.

The Confederate black soldiers were really Union black soldiers : A Blog Around The Clock

The feds were in charge after April 1862 of the black Louisiana troops, 7TC. Better know your facts first, son.

thinking that black people fought a war to be able to stay slaves is the height of insanity

The civil war wasn't about slavery dumbass!!

It most certainly was....but of course, people like you find that FACT to be a tad uncomfortable, so you continue the myth.

Read a history book and perhaps you won't look even more retarded than you already do. The war started over tariffs and States' Rights.

Confederacy.jpg

colored_2.jpg

Sure that Yankees were in charge of the Lousiana National Guard.:cuckoo:

These are Confederate Soldiers. I challenge you to prove otherwise.

The Confederate black soldiers were really Union black soldiers : A Blog Around The Clock

How long into the war before Louisianna became Union? Do you even know how quickly the Union seized New Orleans? Remember reading anything about Beast Butler? There were many unofficial freed black units in the Union Army that were given names of the Southern areas they came from. But, be that as it may, anyone can write anything they want on a picture...take a look at the uniforms. If you know ANYTHING about the Civil War, you would know those are Union uniforms.

The feds were in charge after April 1862 of the black Louisiana troops, 7TC. Better know your facts first, son.

Prove it. Besides the picture is dated 1861 doofus!

And I have a picture dated 1345. Doesn't make it true. Either you are very dishonest (possible) or you are very gullible (even more possible). LOOK at the uniforms!

See 7TC makes all sorts of unsubstantiated charges then wants others to prove him wrong.

Here are the facts: (1) slavery caused the war; (2) blacks overwhelmingly voted with their feet and ran for the northern lines; (3) more than 185,000 served in the north with 33,000 deaths. These are facts; they are verifiable. None of what 7TC is verifiable.

So, 7th, since you made the claims first, you have to support them first with evidence. Here, I will help you: being with wikipeida at Military history of African Americans in the American Civil War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. It's not a great cite but it will get you started on a subject you truly know next to knothing about.

See 7TC makes all sorts of unsubstantiated charges then wants others to prove him wrong.

Here are the facts: (1) slavery caused the war; (2) blacks overwhelmingly voted with their feet and ran for the northern lines; (3) more than 185,000 served in the north with 33,000 deaths. These are facts; they are verifiable. None of what 7TC is verifiable.

So, 7th, since you made the claims first, you have to support them first with evidence. Here, I will help you: being with wikipeida at Military history of African Americans in the American Civil War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. It's not a great cite but it will get you started on a subject you truly know next to knothing about.

The war was caused over arguments about tarifs and state rights. Slavery was an underlying issue.

I said blacks fought for the South, I was right and you just proved it. Thanks.

Issues of the American Civil War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back