Confederate Flag Has Lots of Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said, you are brainwashed. NO, those who "only defended themselves" and had no connection to the Confederacy were the overwhelming majority, And whether they were 50% or 75% or 90% actually doesn't matter either.

What really matters is that since the 1940s (or longer), the Confederate flag has come to be the symbol that represents ALL southerners who fought (whether for the Confederacy or just defensively). Generally, ALL those people are buried in Confederate cemetaries that display the Confederate flag, and those who died fighting defensively, should not be jeered, defamed, dishonored, as so often is the case.

No, during the first half of the 20th century that flag came to symbolize racism and terrorism against blacks. And this nonsense about "fighting defensively" is ridiculous. The overwhelming majority of the confederates were fighting a war to preserve slavery. When you illegally secede from the union, you get your ass whipped and brought back into the nation.

As a patriotic US citizen, I do not honor any traitors who fought against my country. And I am very thankful that the confederate lost.

Bullshit. The majority fought to continue slavery. The fact that many did not own slaves is not the point. Those who didn't own slaves did not want them freed. If they were freed they would no longer be as inferior to the average redneck. And they would take the jobs of those unskilled laborers.

If you want to put a flag on the graves of confederate soldiers who died in the Civil War, use the flag they all served under. Not a flag designated for a specific group of soldiers from a specific area.

And that flag you want flown has not come to represent all southerners. It has come to represent the hate and vitriol of the racist element in the south. For every person who flew that as a memorial, there were a dozen who flew it as they terrorized the black to "keep them in their place".
NO, Mr Slavery Obsession. No matter how obsessed you may be with the subject of slavery, that does not make this thread become what you are apparently obsessed with.

The thread is what it is. A thread about THOSE SOUTHERNERS (hundreds of thousands of them) who fought simply to DEFEND themselves from outside attackers. I wrote the OP. I wrote it THAT WAY, and that is the way it remains, regardless of your subjective obsessions.

As for your numerical theories (stated without a shred of evidence), as I've already stated, that is irrelvant to the point of the OP/thread. Ho hum. This has become boring.

NO, Mr Slavery Obsession. No matter how obsessed you may be with the subject of slavery, that does not make this thread become what you are apparently obsessed with.

The thread is what it is. A thread about THOSE SOUTHERNERS (hundreds of thousands of them) who fought simply to DEFEND themselves from outside attackers. I wrote the OP. I wrote it THAT WAY, and that is the way it remains, regardless of your subjective obsessions.

As for your numerical theories (stated without a shred of evidence), as I've already stated, that is irrelvant to the point of the OP/thread. Ho hum. This has become boring.

Slavery is the reason why people find the flag so offensive. You cannot separate the two topics.

And your claim that hundreds of thousands of southerners fought a defensive war is ridiculous. Are you telling me that all 300,000 deaths were in the rural areas where they had never seen blacks??

No. Many, many of the deaths were at the Union forts that had been stolen by the confederates. Many, many of those 300,000 deaths were on major battlefields, not isolated appalachian areas. And many, many of the soldiers who died were fighting to maintain slavery.

Slavery is the root cause of the war in which the confederate soldiers died. Try as you may, you cannot separate the two. And whether they knew it or not, every single soldier fought to preserve slavery.

And again, if you wish to honor those who died fighting for the confederacy, the use the flag of the Confederate States of America.

Perhaps you should follow your own advice. Of course, that would mean you left this thread.
In your case, you appear to be a combination of knowing what you're talking about (you have to because I have explained to you) and the brainwashing propaganda you've been inundated with - but regardless of which, you insist on trying to control this thread (which you have no hope of doing), by changing the subject from THOSE SOUTHERNERS (hundreds of thousands of them) who fought simply to DEFEND themselves from outside attackers, to one about slavery and the Condeferacy, and your hangup about which flag to be noted.

Sometimes I wonder why I ever bother talking to you at all. Waste of time.

Your threads are typically pretty boring.

And when you are losing you often say it is boring and will be leaving the thread. Like the confederate you favor, you are just getting your ass kicked.

In your case, you appear to be a combination of knowing what you're talking about (you have to because I have explained to you) and the brainwashing propaganda you've been inundated with - but regardless of which, you insist on trying to control this thread (which you have no hope of doing), by changing the subject from THOSE SOUTHERNERS (hundreds of thousands of them) who fought simply to DEFEND themselves from outside attackers, to one about slavery and the Condeferacy, and your hangup about which flag to be noted.

Sometimes I wonder why I ever bother talking to you at all. Waste of time.

There were 300,000 confederate dead in the war. For you to claim they were all just defending themselves is laughable.

The nation was traitorous and the Union fought a war to bring them back. And the entire war was about slavery. For you to want to separate slavery from the Civil War is simply ridiculous.

Slavery is the reason why people find the flag so offensive. You cannot separate the two topics.

And your claim that hundreds of thousands of southerners fought a defensive war is ridiculous. Are you telling me that all 300,000 deaths were in the rural areas where they had never seen blacks??

No. Many, many of the deaths were at the Union forts that had been stolen by the confederates. Many, many of those 300,000 deaths were on major battlefields, not isolated appalachian areas. And many, many of the soldiers who died were fighting to maintain slavery.

Slavery is the root cause of the war in which the confederate soldiers died. Try as you may, you cannot separate the two. And whether they knew it or not, every single soldier fought to preserve slavery.

And again, if you wish to honor those who died fighting for the confederacy, the use the flag of the Confederate States of America.
lol. arithmetic challenged ? "Hundreds could be 200,000.

Slavery has NOTHING to do with this OP or thread. I'm not "seperating" anything because there never was any connection between slavery and the OP in the first place. And Mr DODGE, you didnt answer my question. I asked > "Do you see he word "slavery" mentioned anywhere in the OP ?" I'll answer it. NO you DON'T see that word in the OP, because that is not what the thread is about. So go start your own thread, Mr Derailer.

And what if slavery was the "ROOT cause" of the war ? That doesnt change the point of the OP, nor does ANYTHING you have said change that. And you still haven't offered one shred of evidence for all the pompous numerical claims you ludicrously expect me to swallow. (not that they make a bit of difference)

As for what flag I use to honor the deceased, I use the same flag as the millions of people are using to do just that, and neither I nor they, need any coaching from you on that.

1655131615686.png
1655131692945.png

1655131720705.png
1655132018466.png
1655131907287.png

Last edited:
They’d rather not think that their ancestors started a war to prove they were better than the slaves and lost.
My ancestors were in Denmark, Corsica, and British Honduras. I had no ancestors in North America in the 1860s.

And what if slavery was the "ROOT cause" of the war ? That doesnt change the point of the OP, nor does ANYTHING you have said change that. And you still haven't offered one shred of evidence for all the pompous numerical claims you ludicrously expect me to swallow. (not that they make a bit of difference)

As for what flag I use to honor the deceased, I use the same flag as the millions of people are using to do just that, and neither I nor they, need any coaching from you on that.

View attachment 657344 View attachment 657345

View attachment 657346View attachment 657350View attachment 657348
This is just political theater for the lefties

They really hate all white conservatives because we dont vote for the neo marxists that they prefer

And they have special hate for the south where so many white trump voters live

The same logic they use against the Confederate flag can and will be used against the US flag

This is just political theater for the lefties

They really hate all white conservatives because we dont vote for the neo marxists that they prefer

And they have special hate for the south where so many white trump voters live

The same logic they use against the Confederate flag can and will be used against the US flag
Somewhat similar to the Jan 6 "hearings" Political theater, that changes reality to how they want everyone to see things. THEIR way.

Real Confederate artifacts like authentic flags can bring six figures. Support is an inaccurate term when it comes to the stars and bars. It isn't about support as much as it's about 1st Amendment freedom of speech. The same left wingers who fought for and won the the "right" to desecrate the American flag back in the 60's and 70's are now in charge and they are determined to turn the Constitution upside down if it gives them a political advantage. The Confederate battle flag only existed for about four years. Sadly, the flag that flew off the stern of slave ships was the Stars and Stripes.

Slavery has NOTHING to do with this OP or thread. I'm not "seperating" anything because there never was any connection between slavery and the OP in the first place. And Mr DODGE, you didnt answer my question. I asked > "Do you see he word "slavery" mentioned anywhere in the OP ?" I'll answer it. NO you DON'T see that word in the OP, because that is not what the thread is about. So go start your own thread, Mr Derailer.

View attachment 657344 View attachment 657345

View attachment 657346View attachment 657350View attachment 657348

Your thread is about people disrespecting the "confederate flag". Why do people disrespect it? Because of the war to preserve slavery and the racist terrorism that followed.

Your thread is about people disrespecting the "confederate flag". Why do people disrespect it? Because of the war to preserve slavery and the racist terrorism that followed.
Abraham Lincoln did not see the way that lib haters in 1865 and their offspring see it today

After Lincoln’s assassination republican radicals in congress wanted to continue the war against the South using their political power instead of guns and cannon

The vast majority of soldiers on both sides were neither slave owners or guilt-ridden white liberals eager to die for their black brothers

Abraham Lincoln did not see the way that lib haters in 1865 and their offspring see it today

After Lincoln’s assassination republican radicals in congress wanted to continue the war against the South using their political power instead of guns and cannon

The vast majority of soldiers on both sides were neither slave owners or guilt-ridden white liberals eager to die for their black brothers

The confederate soldier were welcomed back and given benefits as war veterans. It was a good thing to do.

But I am not talking about the soldiers. The confederate soldiers who died in the war deserve recognition, despite their goals against the USA.

But honor them with the flag they served under. The "confederate flag" preferred by the OP is not the flag of the Confederate States of America. But it IS the flag of the racial terrorists following the war and going well into the first half of the next century.

The confederate soldier were welcomed back and given benefits as war veterans. It was a good thing to do.

But I am not talking about the soldiers. The confederate soldiers who died in the war deserve recognition, despite their goals against the USA.

But honor them with the flag they served under. The "confederate flag" preferred by the OP is not the flag of the Confederate States of America. But it IS the flag of the racial terrorists following the war and going well into the first half of the next century.
The Stars and Bars was carried into battle by Confederate soldiers

I understand that it was misappropriated by the KKK after yhr war

But Reconstruction brought out the worst in both sides

Something Lincoln sought to avoid

The Stars and Bars was carried into battle by Confederate soldiers

I understand that it was misappropriated by the KKK after yhr war

But Reconstruction brought out the worst in both sides

Something Lincoln sought to avoid

Yes, it was carried by some soldiers. It was the battle flag of the Army of Northern Virginia. It was never the CSA flag.

And there are times when being used as a symbol by evil people changes the symbol forever.

Yes, it was carried by some soldiers. It was the battle flag of the Army of Northern Virginia. It was never the CSA flag.

And there are times when being used as a symbol by evil people changes the symbol forever.
This is not a court hearing complete with legal hair-splitting

Look no farther than liberals who routinely link the flag with all who served for the gray

And if it officially only represents the Confederate army led by our finest general thats close enough for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back