Confederate Flag Has Lots of Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider the utter stupidity of the confederacy:

1. They started a war to prove they were better than the slaves and lost.

2. The poor and middle class fought and died in this war to ensure that the upper classes didn't to have to pay the help.
Try reading the OP. Better to be informed than showing off ignorance.

NO, they were NOT that. There WAS NO slavery in mountain areas of the South, which is a huge area covering large portions of at least 7 states. As is in previous posting (can you read ?) many civil war southerners, without modern communications, knew nothing about slavery, the confederacy, and didnt even know black people existed. They simply shot back at people who were shooting at them. I'm not talking one iota about people who supported slavery, so I dont know why you are.
I suggested that you read Post # 72. Looks like you didnt.

Well, no law against you coming in here and making a complete, stupid idiot out of yourself. That is YOUR consequence.

You think these people are supporting the preservation of slavery ?

View attachment 656827View attachment 656828
View attachment 656830

They didn't even know black people existed? WTF? Yeah, they were isolated, but get real.

And the entire war was about slavery. Claiming it wasn't because some isolated mountain people didn't own slaves is ridiculous.

They didn't even know black people existed? WTF? Yeah, they were isolated, but get real.

And the entire war was about slavery. Claiming it wasn't because some isolated mountain people didn't own slaves is ridiculous.
YOU get real. I lived in Knoxville, Tennessee, and visited some of the mountain towns around there, and in western North Carolina. I met people who didn't own a pair of shoes until they were 10 years old. Didn't have indoor plumbing. Many never went to school, couldn't read, didn't have any radio, phone, or TV set, and were 95% disconnected from just about everything.

That was in 1975. Now just imagine what it was like in the 1860's.

You are brainwashed. NO, the entire war was NOT about slavery, except in the minds of a small coterie of Confederate politicians and high rank military officers. For 90% of the PEOPLE who actually fought the war, they were just southerners who were reacting to an army coming to their county or town, and blasting them to bits, with cannons and gunfire.

And if you were one of those people, you would do what ? Stand there and say "I'm against slavery" ? You would gotten your head blown off. Neither side was intrerested in slavery . Maybe you would have offered those guys in the blue uniforms some ice cream cones, huh ?

EARTH TO WB: when somebody s shooting at you, YOU SHOOT BACK. Get it ?

YOU get real. I lived in Knoxville, Tennessee, and visited some of the mountain towns around there, and in western North Carolina. I met people who didn't own a pair of shoes until they were 10 years old. Didn't have indoor plumbing. Many never went to school, couldn't read, didn't have any radio, phone, or TV set, and were 95% disconnected from just about everything.

That was in 1975. Now just imagine what it was like in the 1860's.

You are brainwashed. NO, the entire war was NOT about slavery, except in the minds of a small coterie of Confederate politicians and high rank military officers. For 90% of the PEOPLE who actually fought the war, they were just southerners who were reacting to an army coming to their county or town, and blasting them to bits, with cannons and gunfire.

And if you were one of those people, you would do what ? Stand there and say "I'm against slavery" ? You would gotten your head blown off. Neither side was intrerested in slavery . Maybe you would have offered those guys in the blue uniforms some ice cream cones, huh ?

EARTH TO WB: when somebody s shooting at you, YOU SHOOT BACK. Get it ?

LMAO!! Yeah, I believe that. No actual evidence so you make up anecdotal nonsense.

Yes, there are certainly tragically poor living in Appalachia. But you aren't going to just drive up and chat with them.

Were there some who were unaware of the war and only defended themselves? Sure. But they were a tiny minority.

And this is really not the point of the thread, is it. Claiming that the flag of the Army of Northern Virginia is actually the Confederate Flag is simply ignorant.

No, not C. Clayton Jones. You, who always screams about being off topic, are as guilty as anyone.
I will REPLY to an off topic post. But I try to stay on topic.

YOU are going off topic by talking about slavery. It has little or nothing to do with the topic. Do you see he word "slavery" mentioned anywhere in the OP ? It clearly is confined to those southerners who fought to defend themselves and their homes.

You wanna talk about slavery ? You are free to do that -write an OP,

I will REPLY to an off topic post. But I try to stay on topic.

YOU are going off topic by talking about slavery. It has little or nothing to do with the topic. Do you see he word "slavery" mentioned anywhere in the OP ? It clearly is confined to those southerners who fought to defend themselves and their homes.

You wanna talk about slavery ? You are free to do that -write an OP,

When you make a thread calling the flag of the Army of Northern Virginia the Confederate Flag, and then YOU bring up the Civil War, my bringing up slavery is not off topic. It was the reason for the secession and the Civil War.

When you make a thread calling the flag of the Army of Northern Virginia the Confederate Flag, and then YOU bring up the Civil War, my bringing up slavery is not off topic. It was the reason for the secession and the Civil War.
...not to mention that the "home" being truly defended was the Perpetual Union that formed America. Those seeking to destroy it received the force such treason invited. It is neither brave nor heroic to pursue illegal means of abrogating a solemn agreement.

LMAO!! Yeah, I believe that. No actual evidence so you make up anecdotal nonsense.

Yes, there are certainly tragically poor living in Appalachia. But you aren't going to just drive up and chat with them.

Were there some who were unaware of the war and only defended themselves? Sure. But they were a tiny minority.

And this is really not the point of the thread, is it. Claiming that the flag of the Army of Northern Virginia is actually the Confederate Flag is simply ignorant.
Like I said, you are brainwashed. NO, those who "only defended themselves" and had no connection to the Confederacy were the overwhelming majority, And whether they were 50% or 75% or 90% actually doesn't matter either.

What really matters is that since the 1940s (or longer), the Confederate flag has come to be the symbol that represents ALL southerners who fought (whether for the Confederacy or just defensively). Generally, ALL those people are buried in Confederate cemetaries that display the Confederate flag, and those who died fighting defensively, should not be jeered, defamed, dishonored, as so often is the case.

...not to mention that the "home" being truly defended was the Perpetual Union that formed America. Those seeking to destroy it received the force such treason invited. It is neither brave nor heroic to pursue illegal means of abrogating a solemn agreement.
Another off topic poster, obvious to the message of the OP. Those who fought just defend then[mselves and their towns, were NOT "seeking to destroy" anything. They were seeking SURVIVAL, and nothing more.

Your gripe is with POLITICIANS.

You are talking about politics. The thread is talking about PEOPLE. (who were not connected to that politics)

Like I said, you are brainwashed. NO, those who "only defended themselves" and had no connection to the Confederacy were the overwhelming majority, And whether they were 50% or 75% or 90% actually doesn't matter either.

What really matters is that since the 1940s (or longer), the Confederate flag has come to be the symbol that represents ALL southerners who fought (whether for the Confederacy or just defensively). Generally, ALL those people are buried in Confederate cemetaries that display the Confederate flag, and those who died fighting defensively, should not be jeered, defamed, dishonored, as so often is the case.

Bullshit. The majority fought to continue slavery. The fact that many did not own slaves is not the point. Those who didn't own slaves did not want them freed. If they were freed they would no longer be as inferior to the average redneck. And they would take the jobs of those unskilled laborers.

If you want to put a flag on the graves of confederate soldiers who died in the Civil War, use the flag they all served under. Not a flag designated for a specific group of soldiers from a specific area.

And that flag you want flown has not come to represent all southerners. It has come to represent the hate and vitriol of the racist element in the south. For every person who flew that as a memorial, there were a dozen who flew it as they terrorized the black to "keep them in their place".

No one is fooled. That "flag" symbolizes only division and racism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back