Compromise

Would the Left and Right compromise.

Left gets to rewrite the 2nd amendment and pull semi automatic weapons off the street.

Right gets to rewrite the 14th amendment and citizenship would only be given if at least one parent is an American citizen at time of birth.

Win/Win?
Don’t rewrite any amendments. Today’s people are too stupid to be trusted with it. Use common sense. Birthright citizenship is not a big deal, focus on curtailing illegal immigration (humanely). Restrict some weaponry, civilians don’t need it. Create a more sane gun culture.

It is a big deal to me? Only the US and Canada has that birthright law of all the developed countries including the Scandinavian ones you praise so often.
Almost all the countries of North, South, and Central America do. Most likely because they formed through immigration. I see no reason to change it.

None in Europe do and I do. Do not like anchor babies. Sorry.
They are part of the Constitution...which apparently you also don't like

People have cars. They can move.
But they aren’t moving are they? Some are; but far too many are trying to take other people’s rights instead. But I agree with your sentiment; they should just move.
Or you could move.
No need. Me, and mine are established. You're gonna have to fight me for it.

I'm not squeeemish.

LOL you guys don’t understand what I meant

I have several ARs.

Here's a picture of one.
1728-4.jpg

Why do you think it's an assault weapon>

It’s not. Semi automatic weapons are not assault weapons.

Left gets to rewrite the 2nd amendment and pull semi automatic weapons off the street.

Right gets to rewrite the 14th amendment and citizenship would only be given if at least one parent is an American citizen at time of birth.

Win/Win?
Don’t rewrite any amendments. Today’s people are too stupid to be trusted with it. Use common sense. Birthright citizenship is not a big deal, focus on curtailing illegal immigration (humanely). Restrict some weaponry, civilians don’t need it. Create a more sane gun culture.

It is a big deal to me? Only the US and Canada has that birthright law of all the developed countries including the Scandinavian ones you praise so often.
Almost all the countries of North, South, and Central America do. Most likely because they formed through immigration. I see no reason to change it.

Anchor babies are Americans just like you and I.

Yes but they should not be imo

Or you could move.

I'm not squeeemish.

And I don’t kowtow to nationalist bullies.
______

Looks like an elementary school playground throwdown. Good board, but unfortunately only as good as its posters.

Embarrassing for the board operators.

It’s BS bravado. In real life both would whimper and not say anything.
_____

I don't know about Coyote. I think she might whip both our asses.

LOL probably yes! She hates Jews too so she would enjoy beating me up.

I'm not squeeemish.

And I don’t kowtow to nationalist bullies.
______

Looks like an elementary school playground throwdown. Good board, but unfortunately only as good as its posters.

Embarrassing for the board operators.

It’s BS bravado. In real life both would whimper and not say anything.
_____

I don't know about Coyote. I think she might whip both our asses.

LOL probably yes! She hates Jews too so she would enjoy beating me up.
No I don’t.

But I would enjoy beating you up :p

Win/Win?

They are part of the Constitution...which apparently you also don't like

Hence there are amendments. Herr Lesh, go away. Adults are speaking.

Pete, except maybe for Venezuela (I don't know what they were like before), the countries that became communist had big time populations of starving peasants that got treated like total shit, had almost no rights, and no opportunities to get out of their hole. Life for them was (something), brutish and short.

Communism sounds good to people with nothing. Don't forget it the next time you start bitching about the welfare rolls.

1917 Russia was still a Imperialist state and had a feudal society. There were many different factors as to why the aristocracy failed and the government collapsed, but to say the entire population was starving isn't quite accurate. It's also an entirely different circumstance than exists here, these people were not free, there was no economic mobility like we have and there were no rights of people to be secure from tyranny, to protest or even own private property let alone guns to defend themselves. It went from one despotic state to another, except that the collectivist one that came to power promising to feed the hungry simply killed them all off.

We have the fattest "poor" people that have ever existed. Many of them drive decent vehicles, have smart phones, cable, and live like kings compared to some of the POOR people I have seen with my own eyes. It's a poverty that makes you feel gritty when you see it. Orphan children in the streets with battle scars.

When I went to the Philippines my wife and I just started dating, we went out for diner in a shady part of town near the airport since we were taking a local flight to another island the next day. So we come out of this restaurant and I've still got a sack of food we were bringing back to the hotel. We ended up surrounded by more than a dozen of the most filthy pathetic looking kids you can imagine all clamoring for that bag of chicken, which I was about to give them until she stopped me. I looked at her like she was nuts and she said they will kill each other over it.

So please do not lecture me about poverty, you have no concept of what poverty is, or what sort of chaos exists in 3rd world police states. Even there, communism is largely rejected because they're aware of the horrors it causes. Why get rid of a government that neglects you, for one that will just kill you?

to say the entire population was starving isn't quite accurate.
I'll say--I never said that.

I'm not sure what your heartfelt story about Filipino children is supposed to prove--are you saying that until we have kids like that begging in the streets that I can't understand what causes people to embrace communism?
You make some good points about the differences between our society and Russia's; as it stands now, there is still some hope of getting out of a bad situation, even though the odds are against you.
I'm just pointing out that want causes a ruckus.

Last edited:

Win/Win?

No

Shocking that would be your answer...

Win/Win?
The only people who have a problem with Second Amendment jurisprudence are conservatives.

Win/Win?

Liberals already are pushing for illegal immigrants to have the same rights without becoming citizens.
This is a lie – ‘liberals’ are doing no such thing.

Win/Win?
It’s telling – but not surprising – that far too many conservatives are willing to allow the prohibition of AR 15s in order to pursue their hateful, bigoted, and racist agenda of keeping non-whites out of the country.

Right gets to rewrite the 14th amendment

The 14th Amendment doesn't need to be rewritten: Counting the "whole number of persons" merely revoked the 3/5 counting of slaves in the Constitution.

Permanent (legal) residence of the parent should be the test for citizenship. That is why the children of foreign diplomats are not U.S. citizens.
Wrong.

Persons born in the United States are citizens of the United States, regardless the citizenship of their parents, regardless the immigration status of their parents – including parents who are undocumented.

Right gets to rewrite the 14th amendment

The 14th Amendment doesn't need to be rewritten: Counting the "whole number of persons" merely revoked the 3/5 counting of slaves in the Constitution.

Permanent (legal) residence of the parent should be the test for citizenship. That is why the children of foreign diplomats are not U.S. citizens.
Wrong.

Persons born in the United States are citizens of the United States, regardless the citizenship of their parents, regardless the immigration status of their parents – including parents who are undocumented.

And? That should not be the case IMO.

Forum List

Back