Compromise

So we agree that semi automatic weapons are legal and automatic weapons such as machine guns are illegal. Correct?
Generally that's correct...but only currently. That doesn't mean it shouldn't and can't change
Yes, they didnt put definitions in the bill of rights. Probably because they didnt figure statists would make up excuses to give our rights away.

There is a DESCRIPTION of that "Well Regulated Militia" however in the Constitution...in Article 1 Section 8...and it is nothing like what the gun nutters claim

So we agree that semi automatic weapons are legal and automatic weapons such as machine guns are illegal. Correct?
Generally that's correct...but only currently. That doesn't mean it shouldn't and can't change
Correct.
The fact you cannot present a sound argument for the necessity and efficacy of that change is why they should not change.
There is a DESCRIPTION of that "Well Regulated Militia" however in the Constitution...in Article 1 Section 8...and it is nothing like what the gun nutters claim
Regardless, as "well regulated" modifies "militia", it isn't applicable to the right of the people to keep and bear arms

Yes, they didnt put definitions in the bill of rights. Probably because they didnt figure statists would make up excuses to give our rights away.

No there isnt.

No there isnt.

From Article 1 Section 8

To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

Describes it USE

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

It describes an organized, trained, and disciplined militia that has officers appointed

Note...it's use is NOT to "defend against the government....but rather to put DOWN that type of "insurrection"...as it was used to do several times within a decade or so of that being written

So yea ya stupid fuck...it does

No there isnt.

From Article 1 Section 8

To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

Describes it USE

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

It describes an organized, trained, and disciplined militia that has officers appointed

Note...it's use is NOT to "defend against the government....but rather to put DOWN that type of "insurrection"...as it was used to do several times within a decade or so of that being written

So yea ya stupid fuck...it does
Read the intent of the second from the founders and shut the fuck up.
Please. Gawd.

Please. Gawd.

You mean "read into" it something that is not there as opposed to the description I just gave you that IS there.

Eat shit fuck head

Please. Gawd.
You mean "read into" it something that is not there as opposed to the description I just gave you that IS there.
Regardless, as "well regulated" modifies "militia", it isn't applicable to the right of the people to keep and bear arms
Eat shit fuck head.

Fair Compromise

You stop guns from killing so many people
We will stop trying to ban them

Well regulated, at the time it was used meant in good working order.

Wrong. That "well regulated militia" is described IN the Constitution in Article 1 Section 8 and it is nothing like you claim.
'
It is a military organization with officers and training and roll calls
And it does not matter for purposes of the RTKABA.

I hate this bullshit gray area. If you don't like the right to keep and bear arms, get the fuck out. This is pretty much the only place in the world were that right is somewhat protected. There are other places you can go where that right is not protected. I will help your commie ass pack.

From Art 1 Sec 8:

"To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

"

Explain how that describes a "well-regulated" militia. all it does is provide the federal government with the authority to use the militia and prescribe training. The militia was always intended to be separate and apart from any government entity. it was an additional check in balance.

If you don't believe me, go read what Thomas Jefferson said about it.

Regardless, it is absolutely fucking irrelevant to the right to keep and bear arms, what shall not be infringed.

The main problem with people like you is that you were afraid to arm yourself and protect yourself. Your idea of self protection is disarming everyone else. It is the most pathetic form of self imposed false sense of security that I've ever seen.

Please. Gawd.
Eat shit fuck head.
Same sentence
You motherfucking cocksuckers already tried that bullshit argument and it failed. Thankfully.

And because your motherfucking cocksuckers tried that bullshit argument and made us fight you all the way to the supreme court, we don't trust you one goddamn bit.

That's the reason why you get no cooperation or compromise. Blame yourselves. And while you're at it, expatriate yourselves.

Scalia already wrote govts can "ban" AR-15s if they want. Imo it's a fools' errand to do so, I suspect he'd have agreed. The 14th is construed explicitly as it was intended and written, and personally I want to see if the McConnell/gop court rewrites it to allow a new form of slavery.

Scalia already wrote govts can "ban" AR-15s if they want. Imo it's a fools' errand to do so, I suspect he'd have agreed. The 14th is construed explicitly as it was intended and written, and personally I want to see if the McConnell/gop court rewrites it to allow a new form of slavery.

If he had said that, they already would have.

In point of fact there is already a ruling on the guns that can be regulated, and those are weapons that have no military purpose.

That can be found in US v Miller.

Scalia already wrote govts can "ban" AR-15s if they want
Really.
Cite the case and quote the text to that effect.
No, you lying asshole. You can read Heller for yourself … wait, no you can't, but that's not my fault.

Heller made no such claim. US V Miller is the only case law that deals with AR's and they are the only weapon the Supremes felt were covered by the 2nd Amendment. Their reasoning being that a sawed off shotgun could be regulated by law because it has "no foreseeable military purpose".

Clause 15: To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

Forum List

Back