Compromise

"Well regulated" being part of the 2nd Amendment is enough
You know that doesnt mean regulated as in nanny state, right?
. Hmmmm....
What does it mean? In your own words.

Well? In your own words, what does “well regulated” mean?
In that context, it means weapons must be able to be in working order. Ammo and all things necessary for the weapon to work.
That's not in my own words though. That's what it actually means.

You can't come to an agreement with others unless they're smart enough to recognize the benefit. We have to first address the dumbing down of America.

Would the Left and Right compromise.

Left gets to rewrite the 2nd amendment and pull semi automatic weapons off the street.

Right gets to rewrite the 14th amendment and citizenship would only be given if at least one parent is an American citizen at time of birth.

Win/Win?

Liberals already are pushing for illegal immigrants to have the same rights without becoming citizens.
This is a lie – ‘liberals’ are doing no such thing.

So there aren't States giving illegals the right to vote? You're a fucking idiot.

Assault weapons are illegal. Whether or not you may buy one is a different case. We have agreed on every other point here on this board. Relax.

LOL your argument of slippery slope is valid. If there was not such an argument and the insane Leftists promised to never touch the 2nd amendment again. Would you be OK with more scrutiny for semi auto weapons?
no....GTFO to somewhere where only The State has the scary guns.....They'll keep you safe....Promise.

So why are assault weapons banned?

They aren't. If I can buy one, they obviously aren't banned.

No they are. Assault weapons are illegal in the US.

No they aren't, I could do the required paperwork, pay the fees and buy one legally. So they obviously aren't banned. Ownership is restricted to people who hold a class 3 license.

That I did Not know.
My bad.

. Hmmmm...
Whatever it means, it isn't applicable to the right of the people to keep and bear arms.
It seems to be germane to the right to bear arms since it’s in the amendment.
You must be ignorant of current jurisprudence - it -is- only 11 years old, so that's understandable.

To wit:
The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home.

As "well regulated" modifies "militia", it isn't applicable to the right of the people to keep and bear arms

:lol:
Unless my definition is wrong, assault weapons are fully automatic weapons...
All 'assault weapons' are semi-auto.

Then my definition was off. I thought assault weapons were auto not semi. My error. Apologies.

“AR-15-style rifles are NOT ‘assault weapons’ or ‘assault rifles,’ according to NSSF’s website. “An assault rifle is fully automatic — a machine gun. Automatic firearms have been severely restricted from civilian ownership since 1934.”

Definition of what’s actually an 'assault weapon' is a highly contentious issue

Then my definition was off. I thought assault weapons were auto not semi. My error. Apologies.

“AR-15-style rifles are NOT ‘assault weapons’ or ‘assault rifles,’ according to NSSF’s website. “An assault rifle is fully automatic — a machine gun. Automatic firearms have been severely restricted from civilian ownership since 1934.”

'Assault weapon' has no inherent meaning; it is a term dishonestly used by the anti-gun loons to stir the emotions of the ignorant.

'Assault weapon' has no inherent meaning; it is a term dishonestly used by the anti-gun loons to stir the emotions of the ignorant.

So we agree that semi automatic weapons are legal and automatic weapons such as machine guns are illegal. Correct?

So we agree that semi automatic weapons are legal and automatic weapons such as machine guns are illegal. Correct?
Certain automatic weapons are completely legal, under federal law, at least.

Left gets to rewrite the 2nd amendment and pull semi automatic weapons off the street.

Right gets to rewrite the 14th amendment and citizenship would only be given if at least one parent is an American citizen at time of birth.

Win/Win?

Liberals already are pushing for illegal immigrants to have the same rights without becoming citizens.

So there aren't States giving illegals the right to vote? You're a fucking idiot.

Assault weapons are illegal. Whether or not you may buy one is a different case. We have agreed on every other point here on this board. Relax.

Actually we disagree on the proposition in the OP as well. I say no more compromise, period. It will never end.

Win/Win?

Actually we disagree on the proposition in the OP as well. I say no more compromise, period. It will never end.

You've convinced me on that aspect as well. You and several others. The slippery slope argument is valid.

. Hmmmm....

In that context, it means weapons must be able to be in working order. Ammo and all things necessary for the weapon to work.

Strange how it says “militia” and none of that jibberish

. Hmmmm...
Whatever it means, it isn't applicable to the right of the people to keep and bear arms.
You must be ignorant of current jurisprudence - it -is- only 11 years old, so that's understandable.

To wit:
The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home.

As "well regulated" modifies "militia", it isn't applicable to the right of the people to keep and bear arms

Hmmm. Earlier it was about gunpowder. Weired

. Hmmmm...

To wit:

Hmmm. Earlier it was about gunpowder. Weired
Regardless, as "well regulated" modifies "militia", it isn't applicable to the right of the people to keep and bear arms

. Hmmmm....

Strange how it says “militia” and none of that jibberish
Yes, they didnt put definitions in the bill of rights. Probably because they didnt figure statists would make up excuses to give our rights away.
Yes, militia. Of the people.
If People wonder what the second means, why dont they just look up intent?
The founders intent is very well documented.

Forum List

Back