Community Organizer

Discussion in 'Congress' started by Haro, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Haro

Haro Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11
    "Before I became governor of the great state of Alaska, I was mayor of my hometown.
    And since our opponents in this presidential election seem to look down on that experience, let me explain to them what the job involves. I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a “community organizer,” except that you have actual responsibilities."

Tell me what you think of this. I want to see if this actually makes sense to anyone and if it does I would very much like to hear your arguement.

2. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    It means she had a campaign to run, a budget to balance, and decisions to make.

I don't think community organizers do that. Though it's hard to tell, since nobody has EVER defined WHAT a community organizer does, what Obama did specifically, and how it qualifies anyone to do anything but hang out at the park.

3. Ninja

Ninja Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +377
    I think it means that Obammy's an idiot because he opened himself up to that criticism by attacking her for being a small town mayor.

It's really cracking me up the the bottom of our ticket is pwning the top of theirs.

4. Haro

Haro Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11
    *Facepal* I know what a community organize is people. I was asking you if it makes sens for Palin to criticize Obama for being one. And VP is not the bottom of the ticket, it is the number 2 spot.

5. Ninja

Ninja Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +377
    Yes, it makes sense for her to attack Obama:

(1) He attacked her first

(2) She needed to respond

Ok, uh, there are two spots on each ticket. The VP is the second spot. That is, the bottom.

6. midcan5

midcan5 liberal / progressive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,292
    Community organizers are those people who actually do good things. They don't do it for power or prestige or as republican do to remove individual rights, they do it because it is the Christian thing to do.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpniuotfpR8]YouTube - Community Organizers - The Nation's Backbone[/ame]

Barack answers here:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=377Ix4fK444&NR=1]YouTube - Senator Obama answers community organizing criticism[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGWthR7vdfI&NR=1]YouTube - Roland Martin on Palin's speech[/ame]

A vote for McCain/Palin is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

7. Ninja

Ninja Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +377
    Must be nice to not have any responsibilities. I may have to give community organizing a try.

8. Caligirl

Caligirl Oh yes it is too!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +240
    I thought it was designed to bolster her experience credebntuials while denigrating Obama, but I thought it was a largely meaningless 'laugh line' and it has really gotten old quick - can't believe she stumped on the line.

9. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    So we're all agreed that "community organizer" isn't a real position?

10. Haro

Haro Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11
    1. She attacked him almost the moment she becames nationally known.
    2. The third member is the house minority leader. He/she would become president if the president and vp both are unable to serve.