Community Organizer

Haro

Sep 9, 2008
"Before I became governor of the great state of Alaska, I was mayor of my hometown.
And since our opponents in this presidential election seem to look down on that experience, let me explain to them what the job involves. I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a “community organizer,” except that you have actual responsibilities."

Tell me what you think of this. I want to see if this actually makes sense to anyone and if it does I would very much like to hear your arguement.

It means she had a campaign to run, a budget to balance, and decisions to make.

I don't think community organizers do that. Though it's hard to tell, since nobody has EVER defined WHAT a community organizer does, what Obama did specifically, and how it qualifies anyone to do anything but hang out at the park.

I think it means that Obammy's an idiot because he opened himself up to that criticism by attacking her for being a small town mayor.

It's really cracking me up the the bottom of our ticket is pwning the top of theirs.

*Facepal* I know what a community organize is people. I was asking you if it makes sens for Palin to criticize Obama for being one. And VP is not the bottom of the ticket, it is the number 2 spot.

*Facepal* I know what a community organize is people. I was asking you if it makes sens for Palin to criticize Obama for being one. And VP is not the bottom of the ticket, it is the number 2 spot.

Yes, it makes sense for her to attack Obama:

(1) He attacked her first

(2) She needed to respond

And VP is not the bottom of the ticket, it is the number 2 spot.

Ok, uh, there are two spots on each ticket. The VP is the second spot. That is, the bottom.

Community organizers are those people who actually do good things. They don't do it for power or prestige or as republican do to remove individual rights, they do it because it is the Christian thing to do.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpniuotfpR8]YouTube - Community Organizers - The Nation's Backbone[/ame]

Barack answers here:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=377Ix4fK444&NR=1]YouTube - Senator Obama answers community organizing criticism[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGWthR7vdfI&NR=1]YouTube - Roland Martin on Palin's speech[/ame]

A vote for McCain/Palin is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

Community organizers are those people who actually do good things. They don't do it for power or prestige or as republican do to remove individual rights, they do it because it is the Christian thing to do.

YouTube - Community Organizers - The Nation's Backbone

Barack answers here:
YouTube - Senator Obama answers community organizing criticism

YouTube - Roland Martin on Palin's speech

A vote for McCain/Palin is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

Must be nice to not have any responsibilities. I may have to give community organizing a try.

"Before I became governor of the great state of Alaska, I was mayor of my hometown.
And since our opponents in this presidential election seem to look down on that experience, let me explain to them what the job involves. I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a “community organizer,” except that you have actual responsibilities."

Tell me what you think of this. I want to see if this actually makes sense to anyone and if it does I would very much like to hear your arguement.

I thought it was designed to bolster her experience credebntuials while denigrating Obama, but I thought it was a largely meaningless 'laugh line' and it has really gotten old quick - can't believe she stumped on the line.

So we're all agreed that "community organizer" isn't a real position?

Yes, it makes sense for her to attack Obama:

(1) He attacked her first

(2) She needed to respond

Ok, uh, there are two spots on each ticket. The VP is the second spot. That is, the bottom.

1. She attacked him almost the moment she becames nationally known.
2. The third member is the house minority leader. He/she would become president if the president and vp both are unable to serve.

How about Palin's attacks on Obama that she was mayor and Obama was a community organiser, when he was she was in beauty pagents. Year 1992 I believe. Obama was fresh out of law school.

I thought it was designed to bolster her experience credebntuials while denigrating Obama, but I thought it was a largely meaningless 'laugh line' and it has really gotten old quick - can't believe she stumped on the line.
no, it was a response to Obama belittling HER experience

Must be nice to not have any responsibilities. I may have to give community organizing a try.

Remember the 'faith based' organizations Bush was so in favor of? He wanted faith-based groups to go out and create a better society. I'll find a link.

This is exactly what Obama worked with as a community organizer. And it is what Palin is criticizing. He went out and helped people, because he recognized that people on the south side of Chicago were falling through the cracks.

As a woman of faith, I find his position to help those in need, who were at risk of becoming the dregs of society, to be a wonderful testament to his commitment and convictions.

But if Palin wants to say that it is something to make fun of, she is free to do so.

Faith-Based and Community Initiatives

President Bush created the White House Office of Faith-Based and Community Initiatives and Centers for Faith-Based and Community Initiatives in ten Federal agencies to lead a determined attack on need by strengthening and expanding the role of FBCOs in providing social services. The Federal government has worked to accomplish this mission through an array of regulatory and policy reforms, legislative efforts, and public outreach to FBCOs. Additionally, by making information about Federal grants more accessible and the application process less burdensome, the Initiative has empowered FBCOs to compete more effectively for funds. The ultimate beneficiaries are America’s poor, who are best served when the Federal government’s partners are the providers most capable of meeting their needs.

1. She attacked him almost the moment she becames nationally known.
2. The third member is the house minority leader. He/she would become president if the president and vp both are unable to serve.
uh, you have that backwards
Obama attacked HER first

How about Palin's attacks on Obama that she was mayor and Obama was a community organiser, when he was she was in beauty pagents. Year 1992 I believe. Obama was fresh out of law school.

?
She was addressing the "lack of experience" nonsense, pointing out that she actually had some.

Perfectly legit. And true, as well. Which is why it smokes your ass so.

I think it means that Obammy's an idiot because he opened himself up to that criticism by attacking her for being a small town mayor.

It's really cracking me up the the bottom of our ticket is pwning the top of theirs.

She raised taxes and left her town deep in debt.

Just like George Bush.

Haro, you might be interested to read the article linked in this thread.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/57726-smarmy-delusional-rethuglicans.html

?
She was addressing the "lack of experience" nonsense, pointing out that she actually had some.

Perfectly legit. And true, as well. Which is why it smokes your ass so.

Obama was also a constitutional lawyer, which I believe gives him a great deal of experience to enable him to uphold the constitution. and gongrats to Palin for being mayor of a town of 9000 and being governor of a state with a smaller population that Rhode Island, that is probably more than I will ever be. But I hardly would consider myself to be any good at being VP.

Forum List

Back