Community Organizer a Presidential Bust

LogikAndReazon

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2012
He took office at a time when the U.S. economy was on its worst slide in 75 years, but pushed policies using borrowed money that were more meant to preserve government jobs than broadly help the private sector where the great majority of Americans work, ensuring the jobs crisis continued.

He railed against the heavy spending and big deficits of his predecessor, but blithely backed budgets that had triple the deficits ever seen in American history.

He promised a smart, sweeping overhaul of the U.S. health care system, but ended up giving us a Byzantine mess promoted to the public with myths: that offering subsidized care to tens of millions of people would save money; that people would keep their own doctors; that access to care wouldn’t change; and that rationing would never happen.

He promised a more sophisticated approach to the economy than that of his predecessor, but had so little common sense that his health law actually gave businesses a big financial incentive to discontinue providing health insurance to their employees.

He offered hosannas to genius entrepreneurs like Steve Jobs in his prepared remarks, but when speaking off the cuff betrayed his faculty-lounge view of the world, saying of businesspeople, “if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own.”

He swore to bring overdue oversight and honest accounting to the corporate world, but made flagrantly dishonest claims about General Motors paying back its government loans that would have triggered a criminal fraud investigation in the private sector.

He promised to set a high new standard for ethics in the White House, but used a baffling claim of executive privilege to shield his embattled attorney general from the repercussions of a cover-up involving the death of a federal law enforcement officer.

He denounced his predecessor for permitting harsh interrogation tactics with suspected terrorists, but once in office somehow concluded that a better, more moral approach would just be to use drones to assassinate such suspects without getting any information from them.

He presented himself as a shrewd student of Washington politics, but once in office displayed a counterproductive standoffishness to many Democratic lawmakers eager to embrace him, never developing the broad range of personal relationships that often mark a successful presidency.

He ran as a unifying force who would bring in a new era of civility and racial healing to Washington, but once in office embraced ugly, Chicago-style political hardball that saw nothing wrong with his supporters’ loathsome practice of depicting opposition to his policies as being driven by racism.

He constantly offered praise for the wisdom and insights of the American public, but reacted to the broad discontent over Obamacare, high unemployment and vast deficits by saying it was a failure of his administration to properly explain its glorious record to a confused populace – not a predictable reaction to his struggles and ineffectiveness.

And in December 2011 – at a time in which one-quarter of American adults who wanted full-time work couldn’t find it, after a year in which the federal deficit was a staggering $1.3 trillion – here was what Barack Obama had to say for himself in a CBS interview: “I would put our legislative and foreign policy accomplishments in our first two years against any president, with the possible exceptions of Johnson, FDR and Lincoln.”

Unbelievable. If self-reverence were a crime, our current president would be facing a life sentence. For the good of America, let’s pray we have someone else in charge of the federal government come Jan. 20, 2013....

Presidential busts: The worst of all: Barack Obama (2009-?) | UTSanDiego.com

Outstanding find.........................!

This is far and away the finest analysis of the O that I have yet seen. Precise and right on. Not a single point was missed. And coming out of a SAN DIEGO newspaper? Does Pelosi know?

Successful small businesses only got that way off the backs of labor.......

And their profits are evil..........LOL

So, all of you want us to go back to the policies that put us withing a hairs breadth of the Second Great Republican Depression? For that is what Romney winning the Presidentcy would represent. He has aquired far too many 'owe me's' to the wingnut fringe of the GOP.

So, all of you want us to go back to the policies that put us withing a hairs breadth of the Second Great Republican Depression? For that is what Romney winning the Presidentcy would represent. He has aquired far too many 'owe me's' to the wingnut fringe of the GOP.
No. Try another strawman argument.

What I want is to repeal ObamaCare and pass reasonable health care laws. I want the Marxist Obama out of office. I want the Obama Czars to disappear...along with their staffs. I want the size of government reduced to include essential employees only. I want the union goons and union fat cats to disappear. I want the Teachers Unions to disappear. I want public education to disappear. I want our credit rating to be restored. I want the deficit to be reduced (something the boy promised when he was running for president). I want transparency in government (something the boy promised when he was running for president).

I want Obama OUT OF THE WHITE HOUSE AND OUT OF US POLITICS. Let him go and become the King of Kenya for all I care...just get the fuck out of my life!

With community agitator a part of his thin resume, why anyone would expect much from Barry is beyond me. He brought virtually nothing to the office but an ability to read a speech well off a teleprompter. And for that he was rewarded with a Nobel prize. Go figure.

:lol:

What bull.
Of course it is. Anything that implies in any way that Obama is not the Messiah is bull!

NOT!
The article is right on the money. Obama is a boy trying to do a man's job...and failing!

Well I guess it all depends on where you sit.

You guys consider pissing off the Russians and Chinese to implement an exotic weapon system that doesn't work, dropping the ball on defending the nation from terrorists that allowed the worst domestic attack in history to occur, using that attack to go after a nation that had nothing to do with 9/11, failing to capture and/or kill the terrorist responsible for that attack and presiding over the largest financial collapse since the great depression to be a raging success..

While we consider implementing stop gap measures to stem a huge collapse in the work force, saving the auto industry, passing a health care act to stagger the cost of medical care, passing a fair pay act to protect women's wages, cutting taxes for the middle class and small businesses, killing actual terrorists like Osama Bin Laden, and ending the war in Iraq to be a success.

I guess we just have different viewpoints.

With community agitator a part of his thin resume, why anyone would expect much from Barry is beyond me. He brought virtually nothing to the office but an ability to read a speech well off a teleprompter. And for that he was rewarded with a Nobel prize. Go figure.

Well thin resume for you would be graduating from Columbia and Harvard. Passing the bar. Becoming a lawyer. Writing 2 successful books. Helping poor people find homes. Becoming a US Senator. Becoming a US President.

What's a "thick" resume entail? Using other people's money in a ruthless quest to enrich oneself ala Gordan Gekko? Or using tax payer money to host a bloated sports event designed to make more money for sponsors?

Forum List

Back