College Should Be Free! (For Americans)

The definition of free defines free. I can't change that but you seem to think you can.

Providing something for a kid his own sorry parents won't provide for him isn't worth doing. If the kid was such a good investment wouldn't you think his/her own flesh and blood would think so and make that investment?

No one owes you a college education.

If it is worth providing a high school education for free, then it should also be worth providing a college education for free. Also, democrats and republicans are just two sides of the same coin. But I do notice a difference when it comes to what people are given. Democrats like to call it a right. Republicans like to call it a privilege. Tell me. Is it a right or a privilege that so many people who go to college have to go so deep into debt for it.

First, you dumb piece of shit, it's not free for high school. Secondly, if the parents of the kid don't think enough of the kid to provide him/her with college, that kid damn sure isn't good enough for taxpayers to do it.

College is not a right or a privilege.

What debt. I finished three degrees, two of which are advanced without a dime of debt. Absolutely nothing. My wife has three degrees, two undergrad and one advanced. No debt whatsoever. She is working on #4 and will have none when she finishes it. My daughter is currently in college. While her scholarships were significant, they didn't cover the $35,000/year it costs for her to go to school. Since I believed she is such a good investment, I write the check for the remainder. That's how it works.

I'm sorry your situation isn't the same but that doesn't, by default, mean taxpayers should foot then bill for you or anyone else.

You are the dumb piece of shit. No matter how many degrees you have. Because when I went to highschool, I wasn't charged anything for it. Let me guess you learnaholic aristocrat kockmunch. You probably think that Social Security should be done away with. Because after all, if somebody as physically messed up as Stephen Hawkings can earn a living, everybody should be able to.

There was a cost for you to go to school through the 12th grade. Was it free? Did the teachers work for free? Did the book publishers give the books to the school at no cost? You assume that because you didn't get a bill there was no costs. It's a wonder you got out of high school.

He didn't.

That explains 99% of it.

No. The problem for aristocrats like you is that you want to redefine what "free" means. Reagan's "trickle down theory of economics" was a load of horse shit. But having more educated people around would likely trickle down into having a better society. That is something worth providing for free.

The definition of free defines free. I can't change that but you seem to think you can.

Providing something for a kid his own sorry parents won't provide for him isn't worth doing. If the kid was such a good investment wouldn't you think his/her own flesh and blood would think so and make that investment?

If it is worth providing a high school education for free, then it should also be worth providing a college education for free. Also, democrats and republicans are just two sides of the same coin. But I do notice a difference when it comes to what people are given. Democrats like to call it a right. Republicans like to call it a privilege. Tell me. Is it a right or a privilege that so many people who go to college have to go so deep into debt for it.

First, you dumb piece of shit, it's not free for high school. Secondly, if the parents of the kid don't think enough of the kid to provide him/her with college, that kid damn sure isn't good enough for taxpayers to do it.

What debt. I finished three degrees, two of which are advanced without a dime of debt. Absolutely nothing. My wife has three degrees, two undergrad and one advanced. No debt whatsoever. She is working on #4 and will have none when she finishes it. My daughter is currently in college. While her scholarships were significant, they didn't cover the $35,000/year it costs for her to go to school. Since I believed she is such a good investment, I write the check for the remainder. That's how it works.

I'm sorry your situation isn't the same but that doesn't, by default, mean taxpayers should foot then bill for you or anyone else.

You are the dumb piece of shit. No matter how many degrees you have. Because when I went to highschool, I wasn't charged anything for it. Let me guess you learnaholic aristocrat kockmunch. You probably think that Social Security should be done away with. Because after all, if somebody as physically messed up as Stephen Hawkings can earn a living, everybody should be able to.

There was a cost for you to go to school through the 12th grade. Was it free? Did the teachers work for free? Did the book publishers give the books to the school at no cost? You assume that because you didn't get a bill there was no costs. It's a wonder you got out of high school.

Social Security can stay. Those of us not wanting to be part of it should have the FREEDOM to opt out. There's only one reason those of us that do well financially are forced to be a part of it. See if you can figure out why that is.

No one owes you college you fucking freeloaders. Either pay for it yourself, borrow the money, get your parents to pay for it, or don't go. If you think I or anyone else should pay for your college because you parents don't think you're worth a shit, it would be a waste of money. Anyone that thinks others should be forced to provide for him/her what his/her own parents won't do or won't do themselves isn't a good investment.

I couldn't get very far into your bullshit before I had to stop reading. I hope you just like to be argumentative. Because nobody can be that stupid. I never said anywhere that highschool was free. It's just that as a student, "I" wasn't charged anything for it. What it cost society in general is besides the point. Besides, our whole monitary system is just a sham. A pyramid scheme at best. Also, those in the private sector with the ability to do so can basically print money.

You want to bitch and moan about what it would cost to provide students with a free college education. But you have no idea how stupid you are. Congress is bitching and moaning about coming up with 2 billion dollars to find the fight against the Zika virus. But each year we LOSE anywhere from 300 billion to over 700 billion dollars with our trade deficit with China alone. Each year we send about 65 billion more to Mexico than we receive. Each year we HAVE to pay 420 billion dollars just on the interest of our national debt. Etc. etc. etc. etc.etc! Nobody gives half of a cold turd about any of that. It's time you woke up and smelled the coffee.

To make it fair, lots of people have already been to college, so lets drop tolls and make all roads free and lets toss ramp fees for boat ramp too,
Makes as much sense as making college free.

Lots of people have been to college. That isn't the point. The point is that to help improve our society in general, college should be free. Just as it is in some of the other developed countries. It's disgusting that our country would make it that people have to go deep into debt to get a college education. Especially when a college education is no guarantee of finding a job. Unless you decide to become something that there is an actual demand for. Like a doctor. Also, toll roads do suck. They should be free too. Like most other roads are.
Food should be free. The very thing keeping us alive shouldn't be costly. All people deserve food.

Get real dude.

Food and college education are two separate things. Though in this country, if you are poor enough, food is free. With food stamps. It may not be very good food. But it is free none the less.

Does the grocery store give it away? Since the answer is no, the food isn't free. Someone had to pay the taxes so the freeloader could get the food.

Social Security can stay. Those of us not wanting to be part of it should have the FREEDOM to opt out. There's only one reason those of us that do well financially are forced to be a part of it. See if you can figure out why that is.

No one owes you college you fucking freeloaders. Either pay for it yourself, borrow the money, get your parents to pay for it, or don't go. If you think I or anyone else should pay for your college because you parents don't think you're worth a shit, it would be a waste of money. Anyone that thinks others should be forced to provide for him/her what his/her own parents won't do or won't do themselves isn't a good investment.

I couldn't get very far into your bullshit before I had to stop reading. I hope you just like to be argumentative. Because nobody can be that stupid. I never said anywhere that highschool was free. It's just that as a student, "I" wasn't charged anything for it. What it cost society in general is besides the point. Besides, our whole monitary system is just a sham. A pyramid scheme at best. Also, those in the private sector with the ability to do so can basically print money.

You want to bitch and moan about what it would cost to provide students with a free college education. But you have no idea how stupid you are. Congress is bitching and moaning about coming up with 2 billion dollars to find the fight against the Zika virus. But each year we LOSE anywhere from 300 billion to over 700 billion dollars with our trade deficit with China alone. Each year we send about 65 billion more to Mexico than we receive. Each year we HAVE to pay 420 billion dollars just on the interest of our national debt. Etc. etc. etc. etc.etc! Nobody gives half of a cold turd about any of that. It's time you woke up and smelled the coffee.

Post #330 says "If it is worth providing a high school education for free, . . ." Those are your words. In that you say high school education is free. You went on to say that if it was free so should college.

You keep saying free college. There is no such thing you stupid piece of shit. If your parents don't think you're worth it, I damn sure don't. If they won't pay, it doesn't mean I should do it on your behalf. It would be a waste of money.

To make it fair, lots of people have already been to college, so lets drop tolls and make all roads free and lets toss ramp fees for boat ramp too,

Lots of people have been to college. That isn't the point. The point is that to help improve our society in general, college should be free. Just as it is in some of the other developed countries. It's disgusting that our country would make it that people have to go deep into debt to get a college education. Especially when a college education is no guarantee of finding a job. Unless you decide to become something that there is an actual demand for. Like a doctor. Also, toll roads do suck. They should be free too. Like most other roads are.
Food should be free. The very thing keeping us alive shouldn't be costly. All people deserve food.

Get real dude.

Food and college education are two separate things. Though in this country, if you are poor enough, food is free. With food stamps. It may not be very good food. But it is free none the less.

Does the grocery store give it away? Since the answer is no, the food isn't free. Someone had to pay the taxes so the freeloader could get the food.

Are you on that kick again? It is "free" to the person with food stamps. Maybe you should move to someplace like the Phillipines where they have children starving and begging in the streets. Or where many poor families live in the tombs of graveyards. It should make you masturbate thinking of how superior you could feel over them.

Post #330 says "If it is worth providing a high school education for free, . . ." Those are your words. In that you say high school education is free. You went on to say that if it was free so should college.

You keep saying free college. There is no such thing you stupid piece of shit. If your parents don't think you're worth it, I damn sure don't. If they won't pay, it doesn't mean I should do it on your behalf. It would be a waste of money.

If you weren't so stupid, you would know that I meant "free" for the students. Also, most of the people in this country are poor. To poor to pay for college education. Unless they were able to go deeper into debt. That's right you aristocratic piece of shit. Crack that motherfucking whip!

If you weren't so stupid, you would know that I meant "free" for the students. Also, most of the people in this country are poor. To poor to pay for college education. Unless they were able to go deeper into debt. That's right you aristocratic piece of shit. Crack that motherfucking whip!

I know what you said. Now I know you're trying to step back from it.

You say most people in this country are poor. Define poor and define most.

That's right you greedy little entitlement minded bastard. No one owes you shit. If your parents don't believe in you enough to provide you with college, why should I and the rest of us you think owe it to you?

Get real dude.

Are you on that kick again? It is "free" to the person with food stamps. Maybe you should move to someplace like the Phillipines where they have children starving and begging in the streets. Or where many poor families live in the tombs of graveyards. It should make you masturbate thinking of how superior you could feel over them.

I don't need to move anywhere to see those begging. You do a good job of it.

I know what the word free means. You don't.

I'm superior to you because I was willing and EARNED mine. You, an entitlement minded freeloader, want it handed to you. Earn it, boy or do without.

That's right you greedy little entitlement minded bastard. No one owes you shit. If your parents don't believe in you enough to provide you with college, why should I and the rest of us you think owe it to you?

I'm not stepping back from anything you moron. If it doesn't cost anything for the student to go to school, that makes it free. Next, there are many in this country who live from paycheck to paycheck. According to some websites, there are around 100 million unemployed Americans. Though as far as I can figure, there are around 27 million unemployed Americans that are of a working age. There is almost an equal number of people who are underemployed. Many working people also have to get food stamps to get by. I even heard of a commercial pilot who had to do so.

On top of that, our whole society is structured around the automobile. Which car companies made come about. But paying for and maintaing a car is expensive. Along with many other things, that keeps most people poor. If you were to look around, you would see that our middle class is declining. It is simply cheaper to send jobs overseas. But you don't owe our society a fucking thing. For slimy worms like you, to keep selling Americans out to the lowest bidder is the way to go. Should I just tell you to fuck off? Or to fuck off and die.

Get real dude.

I'm superior to you because I was willing and EARNED mine. You, an entitlement minded freeloader, want it handed to you. Earn it, boy or do without.

You earned yours? Don't make me laugh. You wouldn't have earned shit without the other people you are so willing to piss on. That is why college is free in some of the other developed countries. Because most of them aren't selfish kocksuckers like you. Stop replying to me. You disgust me too much.

Get real dude.

You earned yours? Don't make me laugh. You wouldn't have earned shit without the other people you are so willing to piss on. That is why college is free in some of the other developed countries. Because most of them aren't selfish kocksuckers like you. Stop replying to me. You disgust me too much.

I'll stop when you can enforce that demand. Just like you aren't willing and able to provide for yourself, freeloader, you aren't able to do that either.

I'm not stepping back from anything you moron. If it doesn't cost anything for the student to go to school, that makes it free. Next, there are many in this country who live from paycheck to paycheck. According to some websites, there are around 100 million unemployed Americans. Though as far as I can figure, there are around 27 million unemployed Americans that are of a working age. There is almost an equal number of people who are underemployed. Many working people also have to get food stamps to get by. I even heard of a commercial pilot who had to do so.

On top of that, our whole society is structured around the automobile. Which car companies made come about. But paying for and maintaing a car is expensive. Along with many other things, that keeps most people poor. If you were to look around, you would see that our middle class is declining. It is simply cheaper to send jobs overseas. But you don't owe our society a fucking thing. For slimy worms like you, to keep selling Americans out to the lowest bidder is the way to go. Should I just tell you to fuck off? Or to fuck off and die.

In the end, despite your whining and crying about what others should provide to you, the result is that I have what I've earned and the only way you'll ever have is for those of us earned it to give it to you. How does it feel knowing you're a leech and will never be anything but a leech?

Get real dude.

...college is free in some of the other developed countries. .....

No, it's not.

In the end, despite your whining and crying about what others should provide to you, the result is that I have what I've earned and the only way you'll ever have is for those of us earned it to give it to you. How does it feel knowing you're a leech and will never be anything but a leech?

You are the leech. You couldn't even survive if it wasn't for people like me who did the labor for you. Did you build your house yourself? Did you do the plumbing and electrical work yourself? Did you crush the stones that made the roads you drive on? Did you kill the cow that the hambuger you eat is made from? Did you make the parts that your car is made of? Did you plant the fields that grew the plants you eat? Etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

Also, did you read the title of this thread? I said that college should be free. To the students that is. I didn't write it so I could go to college for free. So it isn't about me or me supposedly "freeloading." But unlike you, I think that other people matter. That is, the White ones.

You are the leech. You couldn't even survive if it wasn't for people like me who did the labor for you. Did you build your house yourself? Did you do the plumbing and electrical work yourself? Did you crush the stones that made the roads you drive on? Did you kill the cow that the hambuger you eat is made from? Did you make the parts that your car is made of? Did you plant the fields that grew the plants you eat? Etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

Also, did you read the title of this thread? I said that college should be free. To the students that is. I didn't write it so I could go to college for free. So it isn't about me or me supposedly "freeloading." But unlike you, I think that other people matter. That is, the White ones.

Actually, I did build my house myself including doing the plumbing, electrical, HVAC, framing, drywall, insulation, most of the flooring, installed the cabinets, installed the tile, granite, and hardwoods, painted, did the trim work. In fact, I did about 90% of the work myself.

College shouldn't be free because it can't be.

I think other people matter. However, I think other people should do for themselves what they should be doing for themselves and that include paying for their own college education. It doesn't matter if you don't benefit from it directly or not. If you support freeloaders, you are one.

Actually, I did build my house myself including doing the plumbing, electrical, HVAC, framing, drywall, insulation, most of the flooring, installed the cabinets, installed the tile, granite, and hardwoods, painted, did the trim work. In fact, I did about 90% of the work myself.

I think other people matter. However, I think other people should do for themselves what they should be doing for themselves and that include paying for their own college education. It doesn't matter if you don't benefit from it directly or not. If you support freeloaders, you are one.

First, college "is be" free in some other developed countries. So don't tell me that it can't be here. And if you think this thread is bad, check out the new one I wrote called "PAY students to go to college." I can't wait to hear what you think about that. Next, I take it you're a contractor. Nice work, if you can find it. Or is it that you are just somebody with more money than most people with a lot of free time on your hands. But don't answer that. I don't really care. Next, why would you call anybody who went to college for free a "freeloader." From what I hear, college isn't easy. And would the work that they would be doing in their field once they graduated be "freeloading" too? Or is it something that would "indirectly" benifit society on a whole.

First, college "is be" free in some other developed countries. So don't tell me that it can't be here. And if you think this thread is bad, check out the new one I wrote called "PAY students to go to college." I can't wait to hear what you think about that. Next, I take it you're a contractor. Nice work, if you can find it. Or is it that you are just somebody with more money than most people with a lot of free time on your hands. But don't answer that. I don't really care. Next, why would you call anybody who went to college for free a "freeloader." From what I hear, college isn't easy. And would the work that they would be doing in their field once they graduated be "freeloading" too? Or is it something that would "indirectly" benifit society on a whole.

College can't be free anywhere.

I called people like you that support forcing taxpayers doing for a kid what the kid's own parents do freeloaders. I call the parents who think those paying the taxes that would fund this because they're too sorry to do it themselves freeloaders.

Oh, the it will benefit society as a whole argument. That one lost a long time ago. Can you guarantee everyone provided college is going to finish? If they don't finish and provide the benefit to society you claim they will, should they be required to pay back the money wasted on them?

College can't be free anywhere.

I called people like you that support forcing taxpayers doing for a kid what the kid's own parents do freeloaders. I call the parents who think those paying the taxes that would fund this because they're too sorry to do it themselves freeloaders.

Oh, the it will benefit society as a whole argument. That one lost a long time ago. Can you guarantee everyone provided college is going to finish? If they don't finish and provide the benefit to society you claim they will, should they be required to pay back the money wasted on them?

Oh, I see. Then by your logic, we should just go back to the middle ages. Where if you couldn't afford ANY schooling, you didn't get it. So according to you, we should stop funding any education. And save the taxpayers a few bucks. (I say sarcastically) Good Plan!!!

Forum List

Back