College Should Be Free! (For Americans)

To make it fair, lots of people have already been to college, so lets drop tolls and make all roads free and lets toss ramp fees for boat ramp too,
Makes as much sense as making college free.
An argument can be made that an educated populace makes a strong country. Can't say that about boat ramps.
Were only as strong as our weakest link. Lets get rid of the weak links.
There are other countrues where college is free. France for one. I suppose they think that having highly educated people is good for their society in general. I might have even stayed in school if I thought there was a snowball's chance in hell of my ever being able to afford college.

If you think college is free, you're too stupid to have been there in the first place.

The whole point of my thread is that college here ISN'T free. Like it is in some other countries. And when I say "free," just in case the concept is beyond you, I mean as in what the students pay. Which is the same thing I had to pay for highschool. Nothing.

I understand what people mean when they say free college. It shows they don't know the definition of free and think because the freeloader wanting to benefit from it doesn't pay, it's OK if someone else is forced to do it for him/her.

Pay for it yourself, EARN scholarships to fund it, get your parents to pay for it, or don't go.
If Taxes pay for college make sure it's for something you can actually get a job in and not a wasted degree like Women's studies, or Music Appreciation.

That wasn't one of the options.

To make it fair, lots of people have already been to college, so lets drop tolls and make all roads free and lets toss ramp fees for boat ramp too,

Lots of people have been to college. That isn't the point. The point is that to help improve our society in general, college should be free. Just as it is in some of the other developed countries. It's disgusting that our country would make it that people have to go deep into debt to get a college education. Especially when a college education is no guarantee of finding a job. Unless you decide to become something that there is an actual demand for. Like a doctor. Also, toll roads do suck. They should be free too. Like most other roads are.

An argument can be made that an educated populace makes a strong country. Can't say that about boat ramps.
Were only as strong as our weakest link. Lets get rid of the weak links.

They're working on that. By sending many of our good jobs to foreign even weaker links. Leaving Americans without an income good enough to have a family with.

Lots of people have been to college. That isn't the point. The point is that to help improve our society in general, college should be free. Just as it is in some of the other developed countries. It's disgusting that our country would make it that people have to go deep into debt to get a college education. Especially when a college education is no guarantee of finding a job. Unless you decide to become something that there is an actual demand for. Like a doctor. Also, toll roads do suck. They should be free too. Like most other roads are.
Food should be free. The very thing keeping us alive shouldn't be costly. All people deserve food.

Get real dude.

There are other countrues where college is free. France for one. I suppose they think that having highly educated people is good for their society in general. I might have even stayed in school if I thought there was a snowball's chance in hell of my ever being able to afford college.

If you think college is free, you're too stupid to have been there in the first place.

The whole point of my thread is that college here ISN'T free. Like it is in some other countries. And when I say "free," just in case the concept is beyond you, I mean as in what the students pay. Which is the same thing I had to pay for highschool. Nothing.

I understand what people mean when they say free college. It shows they don't know the definition of free and think because the freeloader wanting to benefit from it doesn't pay, it's OK if someone else is forced to do it for him/her.

Pay for it yourself, EARN scholarships to fund it, get your parents to pay for it, or don't go.

No. The problem for aristocrats like you is that you want to redefine what "free" means. Reagan's "trickle down theory of economics" was a load of horse shit. But having more educated people around would likely trickle down into having a better society. That is something worth providing for free.

No. The problem for aristocrats like you is that you want to redefine what "free" means. Reagan's "trickle down theory of economics" was a load of horse shit. But having more educated people around would likely trickle down into having a better society. That is something worth providing for free.

The definition of free defines free. I can't change that but you seem to think you can.

Providing something for a kid his own sorry parents won't provide for him isn't worth doing. If the kid was such a good investment wouldn't you think his/her own flesh and blood would think so and make that investment?

No one owes you a college education.

If Taxes pay for college make sure it's for something you can actually get a job in and not a wasted degree like Women's studies, or Music Appreciation.

That would be obvious. But then again, look at those schools they talk about on TV where you can learn to be an auto mechanic or a truck driver or something. It isn't that there is any great demand for those things. It is that those 'schools" want to make money to teach such things. No doubt those in colleges who teach the kinds of classes you speak of would also be screaming for a piece of the free education pie.

That would be obvious. But then again, look at those schools they talk about on TV where you can learn to be an auto mechanic or a truck driver or something. It isn't that there is any great demand for those things. It is that those 'schools" want to make money to teach such things. No doubt those in colleges who teach the kinds of classes you speak of would also be screaming for a piece of the free education pie.

Until NO ONE has to pay the costs for it, it isn't free.

Food should be free. The very thing keeping us alive shouldn't be costly. All people deserve food.

Get real dude.

Food and college education are two separate things. Though in this country, if you are poor enough, food is free. With food stamps. It may not be very good food. But it is free none the less.

The definition of free defines free. I can't change that but you seem to think you can.

Providing something for a kid his own sorry parents won't provide for him isn't worth doing. If the kid was such a good investment wouldn't you think his/her own flesh and blood would think so and make that investment?

If it is worth providing a high school education for free, then it should also be worth providing a college education for free. Also, democrats and republicans are just two sides of the same coin. But I do notice a difference when it comes to what people are given. Democrats like to call it a right. Republicans like to call it a privilege. Tell me. Is it a right or a privilege that so many people who go to college have to go so deep into debt for it.

If it is worth providing a high school education for free, then it should also be worth providing a college education for free. Also, democrats and republicans are just two sides of the same coin. But I do notice a difference when it comes to what people are given. Democrats like to call it a right. Republicans like to call it a privilege. Tell me. Is it a right or a privilege that so many people who go to college have to go so deep into debt for it.

First, you dumb piece of shit, it's not free for high school. Secondly, if the parents of the kid don't think enough of the kid to provide him/her with college, that kid damn sure isn't good enough for taxpayers to do it.

College is not a right or a privilege.

What debt. I finished three degrees, two of which are advanced without a dime of debt. Absolutely nothing. My wife has three degrees, two undergrad and one advanced. No debt whatsoever. She is working on #4 and will have none when she finishes it. My daughter is currently in college. While her scholarships were significant, they didn't cover the $35,000/year it costs for her to go to school. Since I believed she is such a good investment, I write the check for the remainder. That's how it works.

I'm sorry your situation isn't the same but that doesn't, by default, mean taxpayers should foot then bill for you or anyone else.

There is a shortage of truck drivers at the moment. They are hiring everyone who can get the CDL and the course.

Your every post shows how badly you are suffering from your lack of education.

First, you dumb piece of shit, it's not free for high school. Secondly, if the parents of the kid don't think enough of the kid to provide him/her with college, that kid damn sure isn't good enough for taxpayers to do it.

What debt. I finished three degrees, two of which are advanced without a dime of debt. Absolutely nothing. My wife has three degrees, two undergrad and one advanced. No debt whatsoever. She is working on #4 and will have none when she finishes it. My daughter is currently in college. While her scholarships were significant, they didn't cover the $35,000/year it costs for her to go to school. Since I believed she is such a good investment, I write the check for the remainder. That's how it works.

I'm sorry your situation isn't the same but that doesn't, by default, mean taxpayers should foot then bill for you or anyone else.

You are the dumb piece of shit. No matter how many degrees you have. Because when I went to highschool, I wasn't charged anything for it. Let me guess you learnaholic aristocrat kockmunch. You probably think that Social Security should be done away with. Because after all, if somebody as physically messed up as Stephen Hawkings can earn a living, everybody should be able to.

..... Because when I went to highschool [sic], I wasn't charged anything for it. ......

The short time you lasted before flunking out, you wasted the money of the people paying for what is NOT free.

..... Because when I went to highschool [sic], I wasn't charged anything for it. ......

The short time you lasted before flunking out, you wasted the money of the people paying for what is NOT free.

Thing is, Krypto has no idea just how monumentally ignorant his posts make him seem. Something inside tells him he really can't keep up but he is prepared to defend his ignorance to the death.

It's all about ignorance being bliss or something like that.

You are the dumb piece of shit. No matter how many degrees you have. Because when I went to highschool, I wasn't charged anything for it. Let me guess you learnaholic aristocrat kockmunch. You probably think that Social Security should be done away with. Because after all, if somebody as physically messed up as Stephen Hawkings can earn a living, everybody should be able to.

There was a cost for you to go to school through the 12th grade. Was it free? Did the teachers work for free? Did the book publishers give the books to the school at no cost? You assume that because you didn't get a bill there was no costs. It's a wonder you got out of high school.

Social Security can stay. Those of us not wanting to be part of it should have the FREEDOM to opt out. There's only one reason those of us that do well financially are forced to be a part of it. See if you can figure out why that is.

No one owes you college you fucking freeloaders. Either pay for it yourself, borrow the money, get your parents to pay for it, or don't go. If you think I or anyone else should pay for your college because you parents don't think you're worth a shit, it would be a waste of money. Anyone that thinks others should be forced to provide for him/her what his/her own parents won't do or won't do themselves isn't a good investment.

There was a cost for you to go to school through the 12th grade. Was it free? Did the teachers work for free? Did the book publishers give the books to the school at no cost? You assume that because you didn't get a bill there was no costs. It's a wonder you got out of high school.

He didn't.

Thing is, Krypto has no idea just how monumentally ignorant his posts make him seem. Something inside tells him he really can't keep up but he is prepared to defend his ignorance to the death.

It's all about ignorance being bliss or something like that.

If I said anything in any of my threads that you disagree with, just let me know. Then, as usual, I will intellectually spank you.

Forum List

Back