College playoffs. Who should it be?

Slade3200

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2016
Ok we got Washington and Michigan both undefeated taking the top two spots. Now the hard part.

UT and Alabama are the obvious next best two teams. Florida is down to their third string QB but is undefeated. Hard to leave them out, so what do you do?

Ok we got Washington and Michigan both undefeated taking the top two spots. Now the hard part.

UT and Alabama are the obvious next best two teams. Florida is down to their third string QB but is undefeated. Hard to leave them out, so what do you do?
You determine who has the hardest schedule and work back from there.

1). Michigan
2). Washington
3). Texas
4). FSU

Bama had their chance and lost to Texas.
They did… first game of the season… but they just beat the top rated team in the country and are champs of the SEC, arguably the toughest league in college football. How do you deny the SEC champs a spot in the playoffs??

They did… first game of the season… but they just beat the top rated team in the country and are champs of the SEC, arguably the toughest league in college football. How do you deny the SEC champs a spot in the playoffs??
Because they Lost to Texas, and FSU has continually been ranked high than Alabama, and FSU keeps winning.
So now, today, you think Bama should move up 4 spots and jump FSU.

Because they Lost to Texas, and FSU has continually been ranked high than Alabama, and FSU keeps winning.
So now, today, you think Bama should move up 4 spots and jump FSU.
That’s the tough part. I think Bama is a better team. I think they would wipe the floor with FSU. I also think it would be unfair to not give FSU a top 4 spot.

And Texas beat the team that beat the number 1 team. Head to head.

Now I absolutely despise Texas, but they deserve a playoff spot with Michigan, Washington and FSU.

By the rules all 5 power five conference champions are automatically considered for the playoffs

Georgia is not a conference champion

The next tie breaker is head to head competition between 2 1-loss power 5 champions

That is Alabama and Texas

And Texas holds that tie breaker

Michigan and Washington each have a very good QB.

By the rules all 5 power five conference champions are automatically considered for the playoffs

Georgia is not a conference champion

The next tie breaker is head to head competition between 2 1-loss power 5 champions

That is Alabama and Texas

And Texas holds that tie breaker
I imagine that’s how it will go.

It’s tough passing on Bama after what they did last night and knowing their team is absolutely a top 4. But I guess the argument could be made that had any of the undefeated teams lost yesterday. Bama would have their spot.

Michigan
Washington
Florida
Texas

Texas beat Alabama head to head
Georgia and Alabama get in every year, good to get some new blood in there

Last edited:
That’s the tough part. I think Bama is a better team. I think they would wipe the floor with FSU. I also think it would be unfair to not give FSU a top 4 spot.

Some say the goal is to install the four best teams….not some fairness doctrine.

ALA just beat #1 at GA home field practically. I doubt the suits leave ALA out no matter what. IMO GA is out as they just lost “their playoff game” yesterday.

Some say the goal is to install the four best teams….not some fairness doctrine.

ALA just beat #1 at GA home field practically. I doubt the suits leave ALA out no matter what. IMO GA is out as they just lost “their playoff game” yesterday.
GA is def out. They are a bad ass team but they aren’t getting in. It’s between Bama and Florida IMO

12-1 Alabama or 12-1 Georgia would most likely beat FSU head to head when the Noles are down to a third string freshman QB

But by the rules it should be 13-0 FSU in the playoffs

Michigan, Washington, Florida St., Texas or Alabama, not seeing how you leave out the SEC. Texas win in week two over Bama seems to be the fourth but how seriously do you take a week 2 win today? I guess we wait but either Texas or Bama is a good choice.

Forum List

Back