College playoffs. Who should it be?

That’s fine but if Travis were playing FSU is one of the 4.
This is over. My only offer to any FSU whiners is that if FSU is so good and Alabama didn’t deserve to get in, then let’s bet the Georgia vs FSU game. $20 Venmo. You take the mighty FSU, I’ll take the team that LOST to undeserving Alabama, the measly Georgia.

Deal?

This is over. My only offer to any FSU whiners is that if FSU is so good and Alabama didn’t deserve to get in, then let’s bet the Georgia vs FSU game. $20 Venmo. You take the mighty FSU, I’ll take the team that LOST to undeserving Alabama, the measly Georgia.

Deal?
Are you really going to sit here and act like if Travis were playing that FSU an undefeated power 5 champ would have been left out for 1 of the 1 loss teams? Seriously?

Deal?
FSU with Travis. Yeah I’d take that bet.

FSU with Travis. Yeah I’d take that bet.
No need to go into what ifs.. I don’t understand your desires here. You’re talking about something that never happened.

Let me know if you want to bet on your super Seminoles

No need to go into what ifs.. I don’t understand your desires here. You’re talking about something that never happened.

Let me know if you want to bet on your super Seminoles

Oh look it's college football math.

Alabama lost to UT who lost to OU who lost to Texas Tech. FSU is better than TT so they are better than Alabama.... Derp.

BTW nice try at changing the subject.

Oh look it's college football math.

Alabama lost to UT who lost to OU who lost to Texas Tech. FSU is better than TT so they are better than Alabama.... Derp.

BTW nice try at changing the subject.
Dude your issue isn’t with me, it’s with the CFP selection rule book.

They take into account injuries and such to get the best 4 teams.

Unless you’re saying FSU as they are would beat Georgia/Alabama, then either take my bet and prove your talk or STFU lol

FSUs schedule was the weakest of all teams being considered, and they had no top 10 wins

Michigan beat Penn St and Ohio St. That’s about it. Way too powder puff for my tastes.

But don’t worry, next year Michigan has Washington, Oregon, USC, Ohio State, and Texas

Murderers row geez
I said no way Michigan would

A. Beat Ohio State for the Big 10 THEN
B. Beat Bama THEN
C. Beat whoever they have to play in the national championship.

I mean, no way right? But holy fuck me! We're one game away from doing it. And it's Washington we have to play. Not Georgia or Bama If it were Georgia or Bama, I'd still think this wasn't going to happen. But it's just Washington. And I just watched the end of that game last night. 2 key players got banged up bad right at the end of the day. Holy FUCK ME is Michigan going to win a National Championship? Jim Harbaugh, there will be statues built if you pull this off.

The last time and maybe the only time MI won a National Championship I believe we split it with another undefeated team. I was in college. I believe Tom Brady was on the team but not the starter. Maybe his freshman year? Point being, I never thought I'd see the day.

Also, I can't believe my Lion's got fucked. We beat Dallas. I hope that loss makes them angry come playoffs.

Hard not to disagree. But I think when ALA lost to TX they were ranked #2? or highly?
This is what the committee wants. Controversy. Non-stop talk. Two sides.

Me? No dog in any hunt. I don't care. I bet as much on "points scored" as I do any team. That way I don't have so much built in bias. I have had fun with College and NFL.

I can agree with you. FSU played by the rules yet the rules changed on them? HUH? I bet FSU gets left out even with starting QB even if they blow out LOUISVILLE. Then the committee would have said...."see the strength of schedule". TX-ALA played tougher.

I think ALA was going in no matter what after beating GA. Couch nailed it. No way they leave out SEC. They got trapped because TX beat ALA. To get one you have to take both. Goodbye FSU. Has nothing to do with TX at home in the Cotton bowl....uh....right?
$$$$$ ratings.
Happy New Year. Just got back from up north. Almost a week away from USMB. It's good for you.

Anyways, Florida I heard got whipped bad so that ends the debate on if they got screwed over or if they should have been in the final 4.

How many teams next year make the playoffs? It almost seems like we should only extend it to 8 max. Maybe even leave it be.

Dude your issue isn’t with me, it’s with the CFP selection rule book.

They take into account injuries and such to get the best 4 teams.

Unless you’re saying FSU as they are would beat Georgia/Alabama, then either take my bet and prove your talk or STFU lol
That's not the argument you all were making. It was strength of schedule and FSU didnt deserve to make the CFP because their conference was weak. So not only are you attempting to change my argument but you wanted to change yours as well.

The ONLY reason FSU wasnt in the CFP was they would have been a rating disaster.

The ONLY reason FSU wasnt in the CFP was they would have been a rating disaster.
No, it’s because FSU wasn’t seen by anyone as one of the 4 best teams in college football. Not even you if you were honest. Georgia would have run FSU even if they didn’t sit players

No, it’s because FSU wasn’t seen by anyone as one of the 4 best teams in college football. Not even you if you were honest. Georgia would have run FSU even if they didn’t sit players
Sure. If their starting QB were playing they would have been in. Their SOS would have been the same, their conference would have been the same, and they would have probably gotten their ass kicked by either Michigan or Washington. The decision was about ratings.

Sure. If their starting QB were playing they would have been in.
That point or possibility has no connection to this discussion
The decision was about ratings.
as they were, the teams that would be universally seen as better than FSU would be
1 Michigan
2. Washington
3. Texas
4. Alabama
5. Georgia
6. OSU
7. Oregon

All would be double digit favorites. FSU had no business in the CFP given what the CFP’s charter is, which means, nothing to do with ratings

as they were, the teams that would be universally seen as better than FSU would be
1 Michigan
2. Washington
3. Texas
4. Alabama
5. Georgia
6. OSU
7. Oregon

All would be double digit favorites. FSU had no business in the CFP given what the CFP’s charter is, which means, nothing to do with ratings
Historically, Miami and Gators are more well known to me a guy from Michigan who watches football. FSU? Where did they come from? But they are number one right now.

They should have a Florida division. Like the Big 10 only

FSU
Miami
Gators
Florida A&M
Etc

1 Michigan
2. Washington
3. Texas
4. Alabama
5. Georgia
6. OSU
7. Oregon

But if their starting QB weren’t hurt they would have 100% made the playoffs. Are you really denying that?

But if their starting QB weren’t hurt they would have 100% made the playoffs. Are you really denying that?
It depends how they would have played the last 3 games he missed. That matters. But we’ll never know, so, why gives a sh*t?

Forum List

Back