Colin Powell just laid a heavy, heavy smackdown on the GOP

R

rdean

Gartner: Colin Powell says he used insecure email during State Department tenure; Oh and we should vote out Congress

During his keynote address at Gartner Security and Risk Management Summit he told the 3,400 in attendance that he had two computers on his desk, one the official secure computer – “clunky and difficult to use” – and the other a laptop with a phone line and modem that he used exclusively for his AOL account.

. “The first thing we should do is vote out Congress. I’ve never seen anything like this in 40 years,” he says. He compared Congress to the founding fathers. “They wrote a constitution in three months. We can’t pass a budget for six years.”

He says states should stop gerrymandering congressional districts so there is a real chance that entrenched members can be voted out.
“Hold them accountable. Only we the people can do that,” he says.

Immigrants are a strength of America that ought to be better appreciated for their energy and innovation. His parents were immigrants.

He also praised public education, noting that he went through public schools and college in New York. “It cost me nothing,” he says.
------------------------------------------------
Partisan Spin on Clinton’s Emails

The IG report, however, said that Powell’s representative told the State Department in 2015 that he did not retain any work-related emails. So Powell was “asked to provide whatever e-mails he retained,” and he responded.

“In March 2015, former Secretary Powell’s representative advised that while former Secretary Powell used a personal email account during his tenure as Secretary of State, he did not retain those emails or make printed copies.”

--------------------------

What a fucking double standard. Clinton provided over 30,000 emails. Powell provided none. Right wingers will say the rules were rewritten AFTER Powell left office, but we know the rules were rewritten two years AFTER Mrs. Clinton left office.

----------------------------

Gartner: Colin Powell says he used insecure email during State Department tenure; Oh and we should vote out Congress

(Referring to using a private email account, Powell said)
“The beauty of it was I eliminated time and space as a barrier to communications” he says. “I encouraged everybody to use it.”

---------------------------------

Presumably, Mrs. Clinton is part of "everybody".

Republicans knew all this stuff. That's why the GOP in congress are swine. That's why Powell says: VOTE THEM OUT!

During his keynote address at Gartner Security and Risk Management Summit he told the 3,400 in attendance that he had two computers on his desk, one the official secure computer – “clunky and difficult to use” – and the other a laptop with a phone line and modem that he used exclusively for his AOL account.

. “The first thing we should do is vote out Congress. I’ve never seen anything like this in 40 years,” he says. He compared Congress to the founding fathers. “They wrote a constitution in three months. We can’t pass a budget for six years.”

He says states should stop gerrymandering congressional districts so there is a real chance that entrenched members can be voted out.
“Hold them accountable. Only we the people can do that,” he says.

Immigrants are a strength of America that ought to be better appreciated for their energy and innovation. His parents were immigrants.

He also praised public education, noting that he went through public schools and college in New York. “It cost me nothing,” he says.
------------------------------------------------
Partisan Spin on Clinton’s Emails

The IG report, however, said that Powell’s representative told the State Department in 2015 that he did not retain any work-related emails. So Powell was “asked to provide whatever e-mails he retained,” and he responded.

“In March 2015, former Secretary Powell’s representative advised that while former Secretary Powell used a personal email account during his tenure as Secretary of State, he did not retain those emails or make printed copies.”

--------------------------

What a fucking double standard. Clinton provided over 30,000 emails. Powell provided none. Right wingers will say the rules were rewritten AFTER Powell left office, but we know the rules were rewritten two years AFTER Mrs. Clinton left office.

----------------------------

(Referring to using a private email account, Powell said)
“The beauty of it was I eliminated time and space as a barrier to communications” he says. “I encouraged everybody to use it.”

---------------------------------

Presumably, Mrs. Clinton is part of "everybody".

Republicans knew all this stuff. That's why the GOP in congress are swine. That's why Powell says: VOTE THEM OUT!

Colin Powell is a jesuit adjudicator and two wrongs do not make a right. He, along with the upper echelon of neocons like Rumsfeld, GW Bush, Wolfowitz, etc, etc should be tried for war crimes....so what was that you were saying?????

I am all for Hilly keeping her computer open. It will give Russia impediment free access to the state department and any other branch of government. I trust Putin to put that information to good use.

I am all for Hilly keeping her computer open. It will give Russia impediment free access to the state department and any other branch of government. I trust Putin to put that information to good use.

The whole world knows hers emails by now

The bitch didn't give a fig ....she transmitted them to everybody.....friend and foe....

Bitch should be in jail

NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But the rules had changed when Clinton was appointed Secretary of State. So this bullshit "well Powell did it" won't fly.

Whoopsies!

"A State Department inspector general report released in May said that Mr. Powell and other senior officials had used personal email accounts for official business, but that by the time Mrs. Clinton took office the rules were clear that using a private server in such a manner was neither allowed nor encouraged because of “significant security risks.”

Hillary Clinton Told F.B.I. Colin Powell Advised Her to Use Private Email

Forum List

Back