Colin Powell just laid a heavy, heavy smackdown on the GOP

Gartner: Colin Powell says he used insecure email during State Department tenure; Oh and we should vote out Congress

During his keynote address at Gartner Security and Risk Management Summit he told the 3,400 in attendance that he had two computers on his desk, one the official secure computer – “clunky and difficult to use” – and the other a laptop with a phone line and modem that he used exclusively for his AOL account.

. “The first thing we should do is vote out Congress. I’ve never seen anything like this in 40 years,” he says. He compared Congress to the founding fathers. “They wrote a constitution in three months. We can’t pass a budget for six years.”

He says states should stop gerrymandering congressional districts so there is a real chance that entrenched members can be voted out.
“Hold them accountable. Only we the people can do that,” he says.

Immigrants are a strength of America that ought to be better appreciated for their energy and innovation. His parents were immigrants.

He also praised public education, noting that he went through public schools and college in New York. “It cost me nothing,” he says.
------------------------------------------------
Partisan Spin on Clinton’s Emails

The IG report, however, said that Powell’s representative told the State Department in 2015 that he did not retain any work-related emails. So Powell was “asked to provide whatever e-mails he retained,” and he responded.

“In March 2015, former Secretary Powell’s representative advised that while former Secretary Powell used a personal email account during his tenure as Secretary of State, he did not retain those emails or make printed copies.”

--------------------------

What a fucking double standard. Clinton provided over 30,000 emails. Powell provided none. Right wingers will say the rules were rewritten AFTER Powell left office, but we know the rules were rewritten two years AFTER Mrs. Clinton left office.

----------------------------

Gartner: Colin Powell says he used insecure email during State Department tenure; Oh and we should vote out Congress

(Referring to using a private email account, Powell said)
“The beauty of it was I eliminated time and space as a barrier to communications” he says. “I encouraged everybody to use it.”

---------------------------------

Presumably, Mrs. Clinton is part of "everybody".

Republicans knew all this stuff. That's why the GOP in congress are swine. That's why Powell says: VOTE THEM OUT!

Powell proved himself to be on the plantation when he voted Obama.

He got nothing out of that. They didn't give him a role of any sort. Reagan and Bush did.

During his keynote address at Gartner Security and Risk Management Summit he told the 3,400 in attendance that he had two computers on his desk, one the official secure computer – “clunky and difficult to use” – and the other a laptop with a phone line and modem that he used exclusively for his AOL account.

. “The first thing we should do is vote out Congress. I’ve never seen anything like this in 40 years,” he says. He compared Congress to the founding fathers. “They wrote a constitution in three months. We can’t pass a budget for six years.”

He says states should stop gerrymandering congressional districts so there is a real chance that entrenched members can be voted out.

Immigrants are a strength of America that ought to be better appreciated for their energy and innovation. His parents were immigrants.

He also praised public education, noting that he went through public schools and college in New York. “It cost me nothing,” he says.

The IG report, however, said that Powell’s representative told the State Department in 2015 that he did not retain any work-related emails. So Powell was “asked to provide whatever e-mails he retained,” and he responded.

“In March 2015, former Secretary Powell’s representative advised that while former Secretary Powell used a personal email account during his tenure as Secretary of State, he did not retain those emails or make printed copies.”

What a fucking double standard. Clinton provided over 30,000 emails. Powell provided none. Right wingers will say the rules were rewritten AFTER Powell left office, but we know the rules were rewritten two years AFTER Mrs. Clinton left office.

“The beauty of it was I eliminated time and space as a barrier to communications” he says. “I encouraged everybody to use it.”

Republicans knew all this stuff. That's why the GOP in congress are swine. That's why Powell says: VOTE THEM OUT!

He got nothing out of that. They didn't give him a role of any sort. Reagan and Bush did.

Has nothing to do with what I said.

He was National Security Advisor under Reagan and Chair of the JCS under Bush 41 AND Clinton. That was due to military experience and knowledge.

Colin Powell is in a tough place. Obama, during an interview on NPR, said Powell was acceptable to "white America". In other words, Obama considered Powell an Uncle Tom. Powell, while SoS under Bush 43 was identified as Bush's "House N*igger" something later applied to Condoleeza Rice. Interesting that all that went away and Powell became the "good negro" when he endorsed Obama in 2008.

He was National Security Advisor under Reagan and Chair of the JCS under Bush 41 AND Clinton. That was due to military experience and knowledge.

Colin Powell is in a tough place. Obama, during an interview on NPR, said Powell was acceptable to "white America". In other words, Obama considered Powell an Uncle Tom. Powell, while SoS under Bush 43 was identified as Bush's "House N*igger" something later applied to Condoleeza Rice. Interesting that all that went away and Powell became the "good negro" when he endorsed Obama in 2008.
Those were Republican conspiracies. Colin Powell has always been respected by the Democrats. He was set up by the GOP. Sent to speak at the United Nations to lie even though he didn't know he was lying. Bush and Cheney and the rest of the GOP did.

Those were Republican conspiracies. Colin Powell has always been respected by the Democrats. He was set up by the GOP. Sent to speak at the United Nations to lie even though he didn't know he was lying. Bush and Cheney and the rest of the GOP did.

LOL, I love how rdean gets wrecked in his own threads......Powell said he doesn't recall any of her bullshit........I mean rdean is the retard that everybody beats up, cause it's just too easy.

Republicans everywhere heard what Colin Powell had to say as they looked up holding a worn out club and then said "don't bother us, we aren't anywhere near beating this dead horse".

And so they aren't. They get bitch-slapped over and over on something that was never an issue to begin with but they have nothing to offer the electorate. Nothing.

Republicans everywhere heard what Colin Powell had to say as they looked up holding a worn out club and then said "don't bother us, we aren't anywhere near beating this dead horse".

And so they aren't. They get bitch-slapped over and over on something that was never an issue to begin with but they have nothing to offer the electorate. Nothing.
The GOP heard what Powell said - he called Hillary and her defenders all LIARS.

He said she should STFU telling people she didn't do anything he didn't do because that's a lie.

Liberals just continue to lie, deny, and justify.

LOL, I love how rdean gets wrecked in his own threads......Powell said he doesn't recall any of her bullshit........I mean rdean is the retard that everybody beats up, cause it's just too easy.
But you have to admit. He did get set up at the UN by the GOP.

No, it's the same intelligence agencies that gave us all kinds of bullshit......I do think they really thought they had WMD....Hussein had used them...so they wanted to make sure it didn't happen again...right after 911, people didn't want to take a chance....that's why the media and democrats signed on.......I have no problem with getting rid of Hussein.....But Mubarak who was an ally and Kaddafi, who deserved to die.....but was neutered and wasn't a threat.....but all are gone, so now we just have to kill a ton of terrorists.....lets get crackin!

Extremely stupid motherfuckers cannot comprehend the fact that what Clinton did is an unprecedented string of crimes.

Had a republican done what she did theyd be screaming bloody murder.

So the current head Democrat considering him an Uncle Tom was a through respect and being referred to as a "House N*gger" was respectful? You lefties have a funny way of showing respect.

Don't admit what's not true.

Powell is now considered the "Good Negro" by the Democrats because he came to the plantation.

Powell is now considered the "Good Negro" by the Democrats because he came to the plantation.

It's because he's sane. You derps think Sarah Palin is coherent.

You idiots think Obama was qualified because he was black and Hillary is because she has a vagina.

You idiots think Obama was qualified because he was black and Hillary is because she has a vagina.

Those two things are on your mind.

Enjoying Saturday is on my mind.

Those two things are why many voted or will vote for them.

What Clinton did was not what Powell did. Read the article for understanding.

Sad thing is it's true!

She is...you derps think Howard Dean is sane!

Forum List

Back