CNN and FOX Need New Debate Format

auditor0007

Gold Member
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, OH
So now one of the big issues concerning the Republican debates is the fact that a number of candidates will not even be in the debates. There are many reasons this is a bad thing, but at the same time, how do you accommodate so many candidates and cover all the issues? My proposal would be to have four preliminary debates that include all candidates, but separate them into two groups, so each candidate would be in two debates. Have those debates before the first round of primaries and caucuses and then drop those with the lowest vote totals going into Super Tuesday.

There is no perfect solution to this but I honestly believe that something needs to be done to accommodate all of the candidates, at least initially. Anyone with alternative ideas, let's hear them, or do you think they should leave the format as it now stands?

So now one of the big issues concerning the Republican debates is the fact that a number of candidates will not even be in the debates. There are many reasons this is a bad thing, but at the same time, how do you accommodate so many candidates and cover all the issues? My proposal would be to have four preliminary debates that include all candidates, but separate them into two groups, so each candidate would be in two debates. Have those debates before the first round of primaries and caucuses and then drop those with the lowest vote totals going into Super Tuesday.

There is no perfect solution to this but I honestly believe that something needs to be done to accommodate all of the candidates, at least initially. Anyone with alternative ideas, let's hear them, or do you think they should leave the format as it now stands?

Break them up into groups but ask them all the same questions

I agree. I want to see a microphone in front of Trump, Santorum, and Huckabee as much as possible :thup:

I agree. I want to see a microphone in front of Trump, Santorum, and Huckabee as much as possible :thup:

Personally, I don't care because none of them will be getting my vote, but that does not change the fact that voters should hear from all of them. As it stands right now, Kasich would not be included, which would be a real shame, and the only woman would not be included, and I think that would be a real shame also.

150707-fox-news-debate-cut.jpg

I think there was going to be an additional debate for "second tier" candidates. (At least, they will be able to get in sound bites.) Maybe regional polls should be used to include candidates who haven't had national exposure?

Forum List

Back