We desperately need much more of this.

I regard what John McCain did that evening as one of the bright and shining moments of the 2008 campaign. Of any campaign in recent history. Doing the decent, honorable, truthful thing seems quaint and totally unrealistic just 15 years later. I would contend his noble gesture was about more than defending the character of his political opponent. It was about having the courage to tell the truth to Crazy, come what may.

When the elderly lady said she heard Obama is an Arab I assume she meant she heard he is a Muslim. After all, he's not an Arab he's from Kenya (kidding). Immediately suggesting she was a consumer of right wing media and the lies it spews. It isn't just McCain's sense of fairness we need more of. Specifically, it's a willingness on the part of POT candidates to speak the truth to their constituents when confronted with misinformation.

I say that while fully acknowledging doing so will put many of them in peril of being primaried or losing a general election. Because conservative voters in their districts do not want to be told by a Repub candidate his or her opponent is not a baby eating communist. That gun control doesn't mean gun confiscation. That protecting a woman's reproductive rights doesn't make someone a baby killer. That Trump lost the election and voter fraud in this country is barely measurable.

Candidates need to go back to having fact based debates on the issues in front of informed audiences equipped to make informed decisions about the country's future. That's not going to happen as long as campaigns clouded by accusations of pedophilia, corruption, and alarmism go unchallenged.

McCain was a swamp creature and yes gun control means confiscating because no one will even state a limit on the controls.

McCain was a swamp creature and yes gun control means confiscating because no one will even state a limit on the controls.
Okay........well.........I'm glad you cleared up any misconceptions about your attachment to reality. You have none.

aahhh. The hate flows from you. You talk about haters….yet you post multiple threads of…hate….
I hate lies and scumbag propagandists, I have no problem with you- where I live is 72% trump and they are great people but totally misinformed to the point where they are anti American and hate all their fellow Americans because of stupid conspiracies....

That’s absolutely untrue. A right wing SCOTUS ruling gave us Citizens United… just like it did the Dobbs/Roe ruling
That’s absolutely untrue. A right wing SCOTUS ruling gave us Citizens United… just like it did the Dobbs/Roe ruling
It is true, McCain/Feingold stopped the corporate companies from donating and thus violated free speech and so because of McCain Feingold a group formed Citizens United and the rest is bad history.

It is true, McCain/Feingold stopped the corporate companies from donating and thus violated free speech and so because of McCain Feingold a group formed Citizens United and the rest is bad history.
What you mean to say is that McCain/Feingold was effective so the corporatist right wing Court had to change the rules by edict

The thin veneer of reasonableness that you try so hard to project is long gone
So what does this mean? Was it her diary or not? I’m going off of what was found and the stories around it. If you have credible sources to say they are all wrong, I’m all ears….err…eyes..

I hate lies and scumbag propagandists, I have no problem with you- where I live is 72% trump and they are great people but totally misinformed to the point where they are anti American and hate all their fellow Americans because of stupid conspiracies....

Ok, but have you ever considered that maybe…you might be misinformed? I mean, there are two sides to every story. You so vehemently believe they are wrong, according to YOUR echo chamber. They all believe you are wrong according to their echo chamber.

I’ve long said that we are too partisan as a nation. Everyone is divided along their political lines. Most of this stems from following a person instead of the ideology. This is why I could give two shits about what happens to trump. I don’t put my eggs in the basket of a person, I put them in a basket of my ideology and what I feel the party should be.

However, people have become so ingrained in their hate of the other party that they will believe any and all things that person says, if it will bring down the other side.

Perhaps there is a little bit of that in you? Have you ever considered that it might not just be “the other guys” fault?

Ok, but have you ever considered that maybe…you might be misinformed? I mean, there are two sides to every story. You so vehemently believe they are wrong, according to YOUR echo chamber. They all believe you are wrong according to their echo chamber.

I’ve long said that we are too partisan as a nation. Everyone is divided along their political lines. Most of this stems from following a person instead of the ideology. This is why I could give two shits about what happens to trump. I don’t put my eggs in the basket of a person, I put them in a basket of my ideology and what I feel the party should be.

However, people have become so ingrained in their hate of the other party that they will believe any and all things that person says, if it will bring down the other side.

Perhaps there is a little bit of that in you? Have you ever considered that it might not just be “the other guys” fault?
Your G O P propaganda is the only media in the entire world that agrees with your total anti-american divisive hateful B S... They have all admitted in court that they are crap propaganda and liars and should never be believed d U H H H H H H H

?? You didn’t make a post about people being honest or telling lies, you made a post about people getting back to being decent with each other, correcting mistruths.

How about the pee tape, there’s a baseless accusation. I’ve never seen anyone on the left ever correct anyone on that. They’re just happy as can be to let lies spread. And I’m not talking about just trump, I’m talking about any right wing president or candidate. You want us to get back to being decent to each other, and correcting mistakes, I don’t see any evidence of that coming from the left. You posted a clip of someone on the right doing so, now I’m asking you to post a clip from someone on the left doing so.
ONLY the nuts from the EXTREMEs of both sides
give much of a dam about rude or ugly personal mistakes, very very disappointed yes.
their are NO perfect humans.
What we should all want is HONEST AS IS POSSIBLE GOVERMENT.

How is your specious claim relevant to the conversation?

We are just so grateful when ANY of them take of the political costume & act like a human being.
And like him or not, did he not suffer as prisoner while fighting in one of OUR wars?

The man is DEAD,,,, Has the power to do nothing to anyone.
We have LIVE politicians doing damage daily.
LOOK TO CORRECT THE MISTAKES, NOT JUST PASS BLAME.

Your G O P propaganda is the only media in the entire world that agrees with your total anti-american divisive hateful B S... They have all admitted in court that they are crap propaganda and liars and should never be believed d U H H H H H H H
So I’ll take that as a no…you’ve never considered that you could be wrong. In Franco’s world..he’s always right!

Let’s talk about hate. In this dialogue that we’ve been having, in almost every post, you’ve insulted and berated me…you’ve been the aggressor. I’ve not said a cross word toward you…so…who’s the hater again?…

Also, please point out anything I’ve said anti American…or divisive.

Trump clinton and JFK are/were alpha males who were strongly attracted to women

Obama not so much
oh yea, while Obama just married his wife stays with her only. and loves & encourages his two girls .
What woman wouldn't rather have a cheater, who dumps you for some one younger. YOUR FUNNY.

Forum List

Back