Closed due to diversity......Walmart closing 4 Chicago locations.

In a way, this is the real world versus rhetoric.

The rhetoric is underserved communities, lack of retail choices, poverty, white flight, however you frame it, versus rampant shoplifting and financial loss for those providing what few brick and mortar retail choices remain.

As an aside, let me tell you a quick story about the hood. Where I live, a perfectly good road in a shit neighborhood is going to widened and have new sidewalks installed in an attempt to lure retail business into this area. It is going to cost an estimated $12 million. Main use thoroughfares thru the city are crumbling and the city cannot afford to replace them. My best guess is they are targeting a demographic that would want to build or otherwise operate a business there, and it aint gonna be retail chains like Walmart. Furthermore, the areas last grocery store in this area closed a few years back making it a food desert.

Do you abandon these neighborhoods when they have high crime rates, or do you pump money into them in an attempt to save them? Those are the questions political leaders are weighing in cities everywhere.

In 2022 Walmart closed 154 stores in the US I guess they too are all Democrat shitholes, nope afraid not.

Wal-Mart closes stores every god damned year and you people only say something when it happens in Chitcago? You, people, are weird beyond reproach.

In someways this might be a good thing for the people of Chicago and the hope is that healthier grocery markets open up in Chicago
That wont happen.
What WILL happen is cheap goods will no longer be available to the hood eats and IF a store opens it will be immigrant run "convenience" stores that'll have to charge enough to make up for the shoplifters and robbers.

Then the race-baiters will flood the area getting the simple-minded ghetto dwellers believing they are being ripped off by the immigrants

They'll never look to themselves and their own moral behavior

Yeah, I miss those corner stores that smelled of rotten meat in the 1950-the 60s, also the high prices and limited selections....Not to mention Blue Laws that kept you from shopping on Sundays and Saturdays.
I miss that I could get a comic book, a soft drink, a pop sicle, and bubble gum for a quarter and even as a six year old my mom was not afraid to let me leave home and go shop by myself

In a way, this is the real world versus rhetoric.

The rhetoric is underserved communities, lack of retail choices, poverty, white flight, however you frame it, versus rampant shoplifting and financial loss for those providing what few brick and mortar retail choices remain.

As an aside, let me tell you a quick story about the hood. Where I live, a perfectly good road in a shit neighborhood is going to widened and have new sidewalks installed in an attempt to lure retail business into this area. It is going to cost an estimated $12 million. Main use thoroughfares thru the city are crumbling and the city cannot afford to replace them. My best guess is they are targeting a demographic that would want to build or otherwise operate a business there, and it aint gonna be retail chains like Walmart. Furthermore, the areas last grocery store in this area closed a few years back making it a food desert.

Do you abandon these neighborhoods when they have high crime rates, or do you pump money into them in an attempt to save them? Those are the questions political leaders are weighing in cities everywhere.
I wonder if the big cities that have allowed this rampant crime to exist can ever recover.

I am seeing a lot of shootouts at high noon in the streets of many big cities. That was supposed to have occurred when people were allowed to carry weapons but didn’t. It now occurs because the police presence is reduced and the cops that remain are not proactive but reactive. The gangs and the Mexican cartels are gaining power, Often the prosecutors in the cities plagued by increasing crime have little interest in prosecuting nonviolent crime which leads to increases in all types of crime.

To me at age 77 it appears I have seen the day when the United States peaked and now we are rapidly going down hill. We had sometime that was going great, The shining city on a hill. Even though it was far from perfect It was better than any alternative. Now we are turning into another crime ridden corrupt nation ruled by greed and people seeking power and wealth.

Forum List

Back