Clinton's offended Pa. voter - not

Angel Heart

Conservative Hippie
Jul 6, 2007
Portland, Oregon
http://weblogs.chicagotribune.com/news/politics/blog/2008/04/clintons_offended_pa_voter_not.html

Clinton's offended Pa. voter - not Posted April 16, 2008 7:30 AM
by Josh Drobnyk

Barack Obama can take some solace out of Hillary Clinton’s new television ad in Pennsylvania. At least one of her supporters featured in the spot hammering Obama for his small town comments isn’t registered to vote in Pennsylvania.

Clyde Thomas, who sports a goatee in the ad and says, “the good people of Pennsylvania deserve a lot better than what Barack Obama said,” is actually registered in New Jersey. He voted there for Clinton Feb. 5. He only recently moved to Bethlehem, Pa.

“It shouldn’t be a big deal. I explained it to the campaign,” Thomas said in an interview. “I see Pennsylvanians for what they are. I grew up with the values of Pennsylvanians.”

More...

Well, I think it's more the fact that the guy voted in the primary already, while living in NJ. He recently moved to PA. Looks like he'll be getting a 2nd chance to vote for Clinton in the primary? If so... That's not OK in my book.

Well, I think it's more the fact that the guy voted in the primary already, while living in NJ. He recently moved to PA. Looks like he'll be getting a 2nd chance to vote for Clinton in the primary? If so... That's not OK in my book.

If he isn't registered yet, odds are that he won't be able to vote in the primary. We have cutoff dates for registration well in advance for any voting here. I would assume most states would if for nothing else to allow the information to be posted into the system.

He probably won't get to vote again until the Presidential election.

If he isn't registered yet, odds are that he won't be able to vote in the primary. We have cutoff dates for registration well in advance for any voting here. I would assume most states would if for nothing else to allow the information to be posted into the system.

He probably won't get to vote again until the Presidential election.

You're partly right. PA does happen to be one of the ones that requires you to register way before the election. How ever... There at least one that you can register on the day of the election: Maine

Forum List

Back