Clinton on Working-Class Southerners, circa 1995: "Screw 'em"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CrimsonWhite, Apr 17, 2008.

1. CrimsonWhite

CrimsonWhite *****istrator Emeritus Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,757
    They're not voting for her anyway.

2. CrimsonWhite

CrimsonWhite *****istrator Emeritus Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,757
  3. Dogger

Dogger Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I understand exactly where she was coming from. Those piece-of-shit rednecks (not all Southerners, just those that left the party) helped the GOP take the Congress a year earlier.

They should all die of gonorrhea and rot in hell.

4. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,971
    So basically you think anyone that does not vote your way should die? Thanks for being honest about it.

As to her comment, so what, she is right, the people that left the party are of no concern to a politician, but they may still be their responsibility as an elected official.

Taken out of contect in this manner means nothing. Did she mean that as President Clinton should never do anything for them, or did she mean as A democrat Clinton owed them nothing?

5. Dogger

Dogger Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +58
    The line is from "Ace Ventura: Pet Detective". It's meant to be funny. You need to chill out, sarge, and work on your sense of humor.

6. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    You really should think before you post, junior. As one of those "piece of shit Rednecks," I take exception to the ignorance dripping from your post.

Southern whites left the Democrat party because of Jimmy Carter ... not Bill Clinton. When Carter jerked the party to the left, we bailed. Simple as that.

Of course, your perspective is probably based on your lifespan; which, goes back to my original statement on ignorance.

The people of the US put the GOP in the driver's seat because the Dem Congress was useless. When the GOP Congress proved itself equally as useless, GOP voters did not support them and they got put out. The current Dem Congress is well on its way to being just as ineffective as the previous two.

I have no intention of either dying from gonorrhea or rotting in Hell.

Your entire post points to one overriding thing: are you even old enough to vote? You certainly have not displayed the maturity of someone who is.

7. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    When plagarizing, you need to post a link. Taking your previous post at face value, there is nothing in it that would lead one to believe it was meant in a humorous vein.

Words on a screen do not always convey intent. Food for thought.

8. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    One of Hillary's biggest problems. Her memory doesn't appear to be quite as long as some people's. She has as much or more to overcome than Obama does with all of his eccentric buddies and causes.

So far, she doesn't seem to be pulling it off very well.

Personally, I wish she'd just stop yelling. Hillary, that's a microphone in front of you. Her yelling, IMO, appears like an extremely affected attempt at conveying emotion. But her voice is annoying when she does it.

9. Dogger

Dogger Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Hyperbole:
    A figure of speech in which the expression is an evident exaggeration of the meaning intended to be conveyed, or by which things are represented as much greater or less, better or worse, than they really are; a statement exaggerated fancifully, through excitement, or for effect.

Note the word "evident". Sorry for going over your head. If you explain a joke or a funny comment, it won't be funny.

10. Dogger

Dogger Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Many of the conservatives I've encountered on this board engage in frequent ad hominen, straw person arguments, contradiction rather than reason or explanation as a form of debate, and hostile intolerance of persons based on his or her point of view. Is that what passes for maturity in your world?

I don't see you getting in their faces. Could you cite me to a thread or post where you scold a conservative for the conduct I've listed above?