Civilized society?

It's the year 2010 and this type of horror is still happening. And yet they wonder why Americans won't embrace Sharia law.
Iranian Family Works to Save Mother From Stoning
Updated: 4 hours 13 minutes ago

July 6) -- The fate of an Iranian mother of two sentenced to be stoned to death at any time hung in the balance today as a last-minute campaign to save her gathered strength and her lawyer said even he did not know what the outcome will be.

Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani, 43, who was convicted of adultery in 2006, is "very frightened and very sad" as she sits in a prison cell in Tabriz and worries about the two children she has not seen in four years, said her lawyer. Her son and daughter started the crusade to save her.
Under Sharia law in Iran, a woman's death by stoning involves being buried up to the neck and having stones hurled at her head. The law even specifies the size of the stones: not so big that the victim dies quickly, but not so small that death takes an inordinately long time.

Sakineh received a sentence of 99 lashes after her conviction for adultery in 2006. Her lawyer said she was forced to confess to the adultery charge and has since retracted the confession. A further complication is that Sakineh speaks Turkish and does not understand Farsi.

Iranian Family Campaigns to Save Mother, Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani, From Stoning

Um...who's wondering why we won't embrace Sharia Law? Names, please.

Imagine the outcome if the US becomes a Christian nation. The Inquisition did as much and worse than Sharia is doing now.

Pressing people under doors piled with rocks to get them to plead guilty in a witch trial comes to mind. Hanging those of a different religion such as Quakers comes to mind.

Thank goodness our Founders were wise enough to reject religions of all forms in forming our government.

Well the lack of diplomatic ties might have something to do with them holding our embassy staff hostage for 444 days. And as to signing legal documents... I'm pretty sure the U.S. leaders signed a ceasefire agreement with Saddam. How'd that work out? From my point of view, I can't see any benefit in signing legal agreements with people whose religion tells them that they can be false if they're losing.

And.. serious question.. How is it that the Muslim world will rise up in unison to denounce a cartoon and yet will not rise to protect a woman from having her head bashed in? Are Muslim males ego's really so fragile that they rather see a woman put to death than to know she doesn't want them?

The problem isnt must male ego. The problem is power and the religion. The religion is "led" buy nutcase old men interrupting the quran and issuing fatwas. It is a male in power doctrine/religion and the religious leaders along with their fatwas are going to keep it that way.

Men are only following the "law" and the path to allah.

If the fatwas came down that women were now to be respected and treated equal to men there is a good possibility that all muslim males would follow.

Denouncing a cartoon is speaking against allah so that is why they can all jump on their little fatwas and denounce it together.

Imagine the outcome if the US becomes a Christian nation. The Inquisition did as much and worse than Sharia is doing now.

Oh yes, Let's excuse keeping women as chattel and then stoning them to death in the year 2010 because 800 years ago people did worse things.

Which fails even more as excuse when you look at the fact that the Inquisition wasn't as bad as people like to portray. Now the secualar courts throughout Europe, those were freakin scary.
Oh really, now the inquisition wasn't so bad? The Cons really have rewritten history.
No one attempted to excuse Sharia.

Oh yes, Let's excuse keeping women as chattel and then stoning them to death in the year 2010 because 800 years ago people did worse things.

Which fails even more as excuse when you look at the fact that the Inquisition wasn't as bad as people like to portray. Now the secualar courts throughout Europe, those were freakin scary.
Oh really, now the inquisition wasn't so bad? The Cons really have rewritten history.
No one attempted to excuse Sharia.

Yeah. The Inquisition wasn't so bad. Ironically, it get's a bad wrap from protestant propaganda in Northern Europe. I said ironically, because it's now somehow used against protestants as well as Catholics for some odd reason.

It's the year 2010 and this type of horror is still happening. And yet they wonder why Americans won't embrace Sharia law.
Iranian Family Works to Save Mother From Stoning
Updated: 4 hours 13 minutes ago

July 6) -- The fate of an Iranian mother of two sentenced to be stoned to death at any time hung in the balance today as a last-minute campaign to save her gathered strength and her lawyer said even he did not know what the outcome will be.

Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani, 43, who was convicted of adultery in 2006, is "very frightened and very sad" as she sits in a prison cell in Tabriz and worries about the two children she has not seen in four years, said her lawyer. Her son and daughter started the crusade to save her.
Under Sharia law in Iran, a woman's death by stoning involves being buried up to the neck and having stones hurled at her head. The law even specifies the size of the stones: not so big that the victim dies quickly, but not so small that death takes an inordinately long time.

Sakineh received a sentence of 99 lashes after her conviction for adultery in 2006. Her lawyer said she was forced to confess to the adultery charge and has since retracted the confession. A further complication is that Sakineh speaks Turkish and does not understand Farsi.

Iranian Family Campaigns to Save Mother, Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani, From Stoning

Um...who's wondering why we won't embrace Sharia Law? Names, please.

Stay out of Iran, Bodey...

Iran bans the mullet | World news | The Guardian

As for your FUCKING WEAK word "Embrace"...

Self-evident where you Stand Politically...

Iranic also... Considering that MANY in the Islamic World would have you Killed for being a Homosexual.

:)

peace...

The US's Axis has shifted into the radical camp, a tribute to the developments of sect radicalization of its population. That ain't a enlightened Christian awakening where Jesus is limited to role of end-time destroyer.

Nice dodge: try to answer the questions.

Which country's leaders are saying that an entire race should be killed, today?
Where has the "Abu Ghraib/Guantanamo mentality " been "systimatically" implemented?
Which country's peoples are trying to move to the other country?
Which country has done more to advance peoples' care, housing, food production, industry, etc.
Will you give us a list of the great inventions from Iran?
The ones from the USA would fill pages and pages.

Do you support all the 'doctrines' of Iran, or just the stoning of women, based on a 'stranger's' word?

What religion do you follow, that you show such support for 'injustice'?

Denouncing a cartoon is speaking against allah so that is why they can all jump on their little fatwas and denounce it together. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Agree Syrenn, muslim men have 'liitle fatwahs', that should be denounced! :lol:

Exactly. What they do to their own people they would do to us.

That is an incredibly naive supposition.

No. It's History. Have you failed to read and learn it? Obviously so.

LOL, failed to learn it have I? It seems you have failed because your unflinching partisanship leads to you to believe all sorts of fairy tales. This particular allegation that all muslims are out to put sharia law on us is exactly akin to saying "They kill us and hate us for our freedom" which is a laughable suggestion shared by most American sheep. God forbid we study cause and effect. I wonder what recourse a we would resort to when left with nothing to lose having already lost our children from some silly missile fired by cowards manning unseen predator drones from thousands of miles distant? The misguided foreign policy of your country and your president sows the seeds of muslim discontent. Every day your precious empire creates new enemies who are easily brainwashed and recruited into fundamentalist islamic insanity. That's right, recruited. This will be a lot for your simple mind to absorb but they weren't born fanatics. Now back to your pasture.

LOL, failed to learn it have I? It seems you have failed because your unflinching partisanship leads to you to believe all sorts of fairy tales. This particular allegation that all muslims are out to put sharia law on us is exactly akin to saying "They kill us and hate us for our freedom" which is a laughable suggestion shared by most American sheep. God forbid we study cause and effect. I wonder what recourse a we would resort to when left with nothing to lose having already lost our children from some silly missile fired by cowards manning unseen predator drones from thousands of miles distant? The misguided foreign policy of your country and your president sows the seeds of muslim discontent. Every day your precious empire creates new enemies who are easily brainwashed and recruited into fundamentalist islamic insanity. That's right, recruited. This will be a lot for your simple mind to absorb but they weren't born fanatics. Now back to your pasture.

What a shocker, a straw man. I wish I could say that I didn't see that coming but id be lying.

Where exactly did anyone say that all muslims did anything?

I find this report disgusting but what are we supposed to do about it?

Nuke them until they learn their lesson?

Bomb them into modernity?

Kill them so they're a democratic Republic?

What a shocker, a straw man. I wish I could say that I didn't see that coming but id be lying.

You saw it coming because you knew the innuendo was flawed. And was I addressing you? No.

It's a fair question you posed. Lest we be reminded of the Crusades where radical Muslims had a good portion of the EU into Spain?

How about those that Jefferson had to squelch early in our history?

Radical Muslims in 2001?

The ones we face still?

Exactly...Not ALL...

And What PARTY would that be exactly?

Care to educate the rest of us?

Here's a rare concept: "leave them be". I realize that having spent most of your life with your country bombing vastly inferior peoples and armies into submission that it's a real stretch for you to do so but I can't help but attempt to introduce some other logic rather than the typical low iq "Let's nuke the bastards" drivel.

You saw it coming because you knew the innuendo was flawed. And was I addressing you? No.

However Avatar4321's answer was ON the mark?

And what innuendo? It was *YOU* that projected...Not me or Avatar4321.

Here's a rare concept: "leave them be". I realize that having spent most of your life with your country bombing vastly inferior peoples and armies into submission that it's a real stretch for you to do so but I can't help but attempt to introduce some other logic rather than the typical low iq "Let's nuke the bastards" drivel.

Yeah...they attack US and our interests...threaten our freedom...and just let them attack unabated...'Let Them Be"...attack and take over weakness which YOU seem to advocate...They respect strength...

What a puss.

Last edited:

And What PARTY would that be exactly?

Care to educate the rest of us?

I don't care what party your affiliated with. It's hardly the subject of this thread. Both the left and the right are preocuppied with war. It makes no difference whatsoever who runs the executive branch, because when it comes to foreign policy there is hardly a dimes difference.

Forum List

Back