Civilized society?

The law even specifies the size of the stones: not so big that the victim dies quickly, but not so small that death takes an inordinately long time.

:eusa_eh:

:eusa_eh:

Ok, so I get that a basketball-sized stone, and a ping-pong-sized stone probably wouldn't work......

....but then you lose me.:(

Would maybe an apple-sized stone be OK? Maybe too big? Kiwi-size instead?:confused:

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
It's Iran who is formenting conflict.

Iran is the Axis of Evil
trademark%20logo.png
, off course it is the devil. In reality, sanctions and policy of confrontation and regime-change for 30 years has led Iran to develop a strategy to utilize radical non-state actors in areas away from its borders, so it is not messed around within its borders. Simple strategy of diverting capabilities of USA.

Policy of engagement will stop the problems on the Iran front, once USA and Iran agree on table. But then Jesus will not come, and Lobbies of Israel in Washington will ask where there money has gone.

Iran is the Axis of Evil
trademark%20logo.png
, off course it is the devil. In reality, sanctions and policy of confrontation and regime-change for 30 years has led Iran to develop a strategy to utilize radical non-state actors in areas away from its borders, so it is not messed around within its borders. Simple strategy of diverting capabilities of USA.

Policy of engagement will stop the problems on the Iran front, once USA and Iran agree on table. But then Jesus will not come, and Lobbies of Israel in Washington will ask where there money has gone.

As if anyone would take Iran at it's word. :lol::lol::lol:

State relations work through documents, contracts all signed with legal signatures of the administrations, that make agreements legally accountable in case one side breaches its commitment. In Iran case there are countries around that would and want also to be conciliator to these agreements.

USA and Iran have no diplomatic relations, no signed documents for decades. Relations between both are not administrated by legal framework, but emotionally managed by US + Iranian leaders after they wake-up every morning. Summer mornings are more positive, autumn mornings (the damn rain) makes leaders more negative.

Last edited:

State relations work through documents, contracts all signed with legal signatures of the administrations, that make agreements legally accountable in case one side breaches its commitment. In Iran case there are countries around that would and want also to be conciliator to these agreements.

USA and Iran have no diplomatic relations, no signed documents for decades. Relations between both are not administrated by legal framework, but emotionally managed by US + Iranian leaders after they wake-up every morning. Summer mornings are more positive, autumn mornings (the damn rain) makes leaders more negative.

Well the lack of diplomatic ties might have something to do with them holding our embassy staff hostage for 444 days. And as to signing legal documents... I'm pretty sure the U.S. leaders signed a ceasefire agreement with Saddam. How'd that work out? From my point of view, I can't see any benefit in signing legal agreements with people whose religion tells them that they can be false if they're losing.

And.. serious question.. How is it that the Muslim world will rise up in unison to denounce a cartoon and yet will not rise to protect a woman from having her head bashed in? Are Muslim males ego's really so fragile that they rather see a woman put to death than to know she doesn't want them?

It's the year 2010 and this type of horror is still happening. And yet they wonder why Americans won't embrace Sharia law.
Iranian Family Works to Save Mother From Stoning
Updated: 4 hours 13 minutes ago

July 6) -- The fate of an Iranian mother of two sentenced to be stoned to death at any time hung in the balance today as a last-minute campaign to save her gathered strength and her lawyer said even he did not know what the outcome will be.

Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani, 43, who was convicted of adultery in 2006, is "very frightened and very sad" as she sits in a prison cell in Tabriz and worries about the two children she has not seen in four years, said her lawyer. Her son and daughter started the crusade to save her.
Under Sharia law in Iran, a woman's death by stoning involves being buried up to the neck and having stones hurled at her head. The law even specifies the size of the stones: not so big that the victim dies quickly, but not so small that death takes an inordinately long time.

Sakineh received a sentence of 99 lashes after her conviction for adultery in 2006. Her lawyer said she was forced to confess to the adultery charge and has since retracted the confession. A further complication is that Sakineh speaks Turkish and does not understand Farsi.

Iranian Family Campaigns to Save Mother, Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani, From Stoning

stoning women for having sex outside of marriage

executing homosexuals

excecuting drug users....................

it must bother conservatives no end knowing that third world muslim nations are having all the fun

Iran is the Axis of Evil
trademark%20logo.png

The sanctions would end if Iran stopped engaging hostile activity.

And the Iranian leadership is very clear about their desires for the 12th Imam to appear. To pretend that their beliefs have absolutely nothing to do with what's going on is foolish indeed.

Exactly how do you think International documents are legally binding? Who exactly enforces them?

executing homosexuals

it must bother conservatives no end knowing that third world muslim nations are having all the fun

Which, of course, is why the conservatives trying to stop them, while you sit their mocking them.

All this Iran hate yet no hate for Saudi? Interesting.

Iran hate? Who hates Iran? We are trying to stand up for the rights of the Iranians to be free of this despotism. That's hate? How dare we want them to stop excuting adulterers!

You on the other hand don't seem to have any issue with them stoning the woman to the point where you are asking us why we even care. How is that apathy working for you?

All this Iran hate yet no hate for Saudi? Interesting.

Iran hate? Who hates Iran? We are trying to stand up for the rights of the Iranians to be free of this despotism. That's hate? How dare we want them to stop excuting adulterers!

You on the other hand don't seem to have any issue with them stoning the woman to the point where you are asking us why we even care. How is that apathy working for you?

Relax. Why Iran? Why not North Korea? Somalia? Burma? Nigeria? Saudi Arabia? The fact is you're being subliminally duped into yet another silly war propaganda effort. Honestly, what can you do to help here? Nothing.

It's the year 2010 and this type of horror is still happening. And yet they wonder why Americans won't embrace Sharia law.
Iranian Family Works to Save Mother From Stoning
Updated: 4 hours 13 minutes ago

July 6) -- The fate of an Iranian mother of two sentenced to be stoned to death at any time hung in the balance today as a last-minute campaign to save her gathered strength and her lawyer said even he did not know what the outcome will be.

Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani, 43, who was convicted of adultery in 2006, is "very frightened and very sad" as she sits in a prison cell in Tabriz and worries about the two children she has not seen in four years, said her lawyer. Her son and daughter started the crusade to save her.
Under Sharia law in Iran, a woman's death by stoning involves being buried up to the neck and having stones hurled at her head. The law even specifies the size of the stones: not so big that the victim dies quickly, but not so small that death takes an inordinately long time.

Sakineh received a sentence of 99 lashes after her conviction for adultery in 2006. Her lawyer said she was forced to confess to the adultery charge and has since retracted the confession. A further complication is that Sakineh speaks Turkish and does not understand Farsi.

Iranian Family Campaigns to Save Mother, Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani, From Stoning

الله أكبر

:)

peace...

Uhhh... just cause it seems some people didn't get what I meant by this post...

me said:
Of course, if we would have a sane immigration policy and revert to pre Teddy Kennedy immigration quotas, we'd be in a far better place.

When Teddy Kennedy came to the senate one of the first things he did was REMOVE quotas to immigration. I'm advocating a RETURN of quotas. Very tight ones to middle eastern nations to help protect our nation from terrorists, as well as the end of 'refugee' status for some perennial problems spots.

We are not the world's 'safehouse' Emma Lazerus's poem is not in the founding documents or law. It is not the "Statue of Immigration" in New York Harbor and we have a right to say no to anyone who wants to enter this nation... they do not have a right to become an American (if they even bother coming in legally).

This being said I believe we should EXPAND legal immigration quotas to allow more people in than currently are happening legally, but I also think a permanent ban from citizenship is reasonable for those who have entered the nation illegally, even if they have an anchor baby. They should be shipped back to their nation of origin, or if not safe, a nearby nation that will not kill them.

I also believe we must enforce INTEGRATION on all legal immigrants. If you want to come here and have your own little cantonment of your home nation, go back home. It's obvious you just aren't interested in changing to join our culture, you just want to colonize and avoid some small sliver of your old culture. This nation's not empty land for you to colonize, go home or melt in and become Americans. Before we ditched quotas, this was possible AND required.

When there is a hole in the ship's hull, you don't just bail, you fix the hole then you bail, unless you need to bail at the same time to get extra time. Bailing alone won't cut it, it's part of the total solution.

executing homosexuals

Which, of course, is why the conservatives trying to stop them, while you sit their mocking them.

I excuse you your stupidity

you are conservative so therefore lacking in intelligence

I highly doubt that conservatives are trying to stop them

and I mock conservatives because you deserve it

executing homosexuals

I excuse you your stupidity

you are conservative so therefore lacking in intelligence

I highly doubt that conservatives are trying to stop them

and I mock conservatives because you deserve it

I am sure we do deserve it. After all what kind of horrid people would be calling for the end of stoning in an Archaic society? The nerve of us. We clearly need more stonings here and should be following thetir example.

I love how you self proclaimed intellectual "giants" destroy your own credibility. It's amusing.

Forum List

Back