CDZ Civil War?

Right now our political leadership is failing us in both parties. Maybe that changes, cuz if it doesn't I think hard times are a comin'. The path we're on right now is not sustainable, and the problems we have are going to worsen IMHO.

The positive things that Obama did for the economy are in full throttle now. Unemployment is now low enough that the competition for good workers is starting to drive wages up. But Trump's economic missteps are starting to take a toll.

The markets were initially buoyed at the thought of deregulation and tax cuts, but with the failure of the repeal and replace of the ACA, and tax reform falling behind schedule, with rumours that there is no plan yet.

Rumours of infighting amongst White House staff are further eroding market confidence, as is the Syrian attack. This appears to be a President who flies by the seat of his pants on every decision. Even his staff don't know what he's doing. This is not something which inspires confidence in the markets which count on peace and stability for businesses to thrive.
So, what you're saying is that Obama's policies took up to eight years to finally be having their intended effect, but Trump's are having their effect virtually overnight. Seems legit... I guess that just proves that Obama really was the lesser leader. I mean by your own words he took far longer to have an effect on the economy. Heck, he didn't have full effect until he was out of office. Yet, Trump, in less than 90 days has had effect. I wonder what the next few years will bring.....

I recognize that it is both ways, but republicans just seem to voice it more, from what I have personally seen. I am a democrat, but I try to stay as neutral as possible and base my ideals on my own judgement.

I personally believe both sides are being "brainwashed," so to speak, to hate the other side.
Republicans are too intelligent to succumb to brainwashing tactics but one can purchase a Democrat Brainwashing Kit at any Walgreens.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Where does this hatred come from? I've not said anything to offend anyone, but the fact that I have a different opinion immediately makes every republican hate me. As if my very existance were insulting to them.
It may be that you personally haven't, and its a poor reflection on the other side that they don't recognize that. Having said that, for the past 30+ years, Democrats (more specifically, the radicalized left wing known as progressives) have waged war against anyone who does not think exactly the same way they do. If you claim to be a person who values your own judgment, then sooner or later, it will run counter to theirs and you too will become a target. It is only a matter of time.

There was a time when the Republicans and many conservatives on the web forums would try to take a high road and not resort to straight insults until they had been insulted first. Now, no one even bothers. Its straight for the throat and fuck everything else.

I guess the answer is, the right is tired of being called names and they're going to fight back with ferocity.

Yeah 'the right' seems really hung up on words, which can't hurt you. Isn't this the very definitioin of snowflake. Someone who is devastated by an insult, or a word?

Conservative policy actually harms people, words or 'pc' don't do anything but bruise egos. Huge difference.
You cannot be serious.

I'm sorry, did I hurt your feelings?

Right now our political leadership is failing us in both parties. Maybe that changes, cuz if it doesn't I think hard times are a comin'. The path we're on right now is not sustainable, and the problems we have are going to worsen IMHO.

The positive things that Obama did for the economy are in full throttle now. Unemployment is now low enough that the competition for good workers is starting to drive wages up. But Trump's economic missteps are starting to take a toll.

The markets were initially buoyed at the thought of deregulation and tax cuts, but with the failure of the repeal and replace of the ACA, and tax reform falling behind schedule, with rumours that there is no plan yet.

Rumours of infighting amongst White House staff are further eroding market confidence, as is the Syrian attack. This appears to be a President who flies by the seat of his pants on every decision. Even his staff don't know what he's doing. This is not something which inspires confidence in the markets which count on peace and stability for businesses to thrive.

I don't think there's much that Obama did that was positive for our economy, growth has been next to non-existent for almost 8 years since the recession ended. GDP growth below 2% is nothing to brag about, and neither is wage growth while he was president and I see nothing that he did to credit the uptick it the economy and wages since the November election.

That said, it is true IMHO that Trump and the GDP blew it on the ACA repeal and replace fiasco. I will say that getting it right is more important than getting it quick though, and hopefully he gets his tax reform plan out there and damn quick too.

Let us go forth with the break up of the United States. It is long past due and nothing lasts forever.

The Blue States are the ones that produce the most income for the federal government by far. Without Taxus and the oil industry the red states are a 4th world economy. 75% of the red states take most of the welfare from the government.

So let us break it up. Conservatives you can go have your Fake Jesus and Gun Emporium Only True Amuhrca country, build a 30 foot wall around it, deport everyone except the KKK, abolish unions and protests, reinstate slavery, force 12 year old girls that were raped by a family member to carry the child to term and the rest of the long list of depravity that is your core belief system. And you could do this without fear of anyone overturning your 1835 throwback laws or suing you in court. And you wouldn't have a need for talk radio as all it is now is 24/7 propaganda for the Republicans of how life is miserable and its all someone else's fault.

Easy solution to all the country's woes, break it up. The new Progressive America would be wealthy and produce all the food, technology, and movies it does now and we wouldn't have to listen to or deal with the underbelly of humanity in people like Michelle Bachman or Sarah Palin or drumpf. The whackos could go form their own insane asylum and pick one dear leader who's family would lead them through generations.

Honestly it's time. Conservatives are like dragging around a ball and chain all the time that is trying to drag everyone back to the 19th century.
Let us go forth with the break up of the United States. It is long past due and nothing lasts forever.

The Blue States are the ones that produce the most income for the federal government by far. Without Taxus and the oil industry the red states are a 4th world economy. 75% of the red states take most of the welfare from the government.

So let us break it up. Conservatives you can go have your Fake Jesus and Gun Emporium Only True Amuhrca country, build a 30 foot wall around it, deport everyone except the KKK, abolish unions and protests, reinstate slavery, force 12 year old girls that were raped by a family member to carry the child to term and the rest of the long list of depravity that is your core belief system. And you could do this without fear of anyone overturning your 1835 throwback laws or suing you in court. And you wouldn't have a need for talk radio as all it is now is 24/7 propaganda for the Republicans of how life is miserable and its all someone else's fault.

Easy solution to all the country's woes, break it up. The new Progressive America would be wealthy and produce all the food, technology, and movies it does now and we wouldn't have to listen to or deal with the underbelly of humanity in people like Michelle Bachman or Sarah Palin or drumpf. The whackos could go form their own insane asylum and pick one dear leader who's family would lead them through generations.

Honestly it's time. Conservatives are like dragging around a ball and chain all the time that is trying to drag everyone back to the 19th century.
How exactly would you unite two coastal entities divided by another "red" country? Or would "East US" and "West US" become two separate countries divided geographically by the USA?
I do agree, it's time to sheets. How do you propose we do this?

It wouldn't be divided strictly by 'red states/blue states'. Likely a corridor along the Canada border would have to go over to the new blue country. And Base leases in one of the western three states would have to be secured by the new red country as with Caribbean ports for the new blue country. Or as with Alaska and Hawaii both new countries would have various separate entities. In any case it would have to be hashed out, maybe the blue country could pay for Montana or North Dakota etc. States would likely vote on which new country to join. Also likely there would be a large migration of people's to live in their preferred country.

But it's time. Everyone go their separate way and be happy.

Imagine conservatives waking up in a country where your Supreme Court was entirely made up of conservatives, and there were no labor unions or labor laws, companies controlled the work place with no OSHA, no work place safety or overtime/vacation/leave/fair treatment laws. Protesting would be outlawed. Abortion would be illegal in all states as federal law with no exclusion for rape or incest. Television and movies would be screened to 'proper' content and anything racier than Leave It To Beaver would be banned. All the great books of humanity would be banned as well, biblical teaching would be required in all schools and science and evolution would be outlawed and no court could overturn this.

Think of this utopia you seem so virulent to achieve. You could have it all.

Call or write your legislators, let's get this snowball rolling!
I seem so virulent to achieve? I live in Alaska. Agriculture is limited to a very short season. Indidigent peoples are traditionally nomadic hunter-gathers. Large portions of this state are still disconnected with no road connections. My home is supplied by my own power generation, as are many others. Government serves only specific populations, the rest are on there own.
Puhleese! I don't care who you fuck, whether you use abortion as birth control, or how you educate your spawn. I'm concerned about where my chow comes from and whether your government will somehow manage to make my acquisition of the food I need to survive, or the way I heat my home, will be criminalized.

'You' is a general you, re conservatives. Jesus H lighten up.

Just as it is now if you wind up in a country you aren't happy with you can move to one where you can be happy. If you can't move then you make the best of where you are. Is this any different than all of human history?
I am happy with my home. Yes, heating with wood requires lots of work, which many folks would not tolerate. Example: My home is less than 1000 sqft, three bedroom, two stories. But, because I heat primarily with wood, it is much smaller than the typical "American dream" ranch style behemoth. Go figure.

The economic growth has been steadying for the previous three years. Any who deny that are snowflakes who have trouble with the words of truth.

You obviously do not feel that Democrats feel the same way about Republicans, so any "discussion" would be pointless. Until you recognize that this "feeling" is a two way street, a game played by two, you will never find perspective.

I am neither a Republican nor a Democrat.
I recognize that it is both ways, but republicans just seem to voice it more, from what I have personally seen. I am a democrat, but I try to stay as neutral as possible and base my ideals on my own judgement.

I personally believe both sides are being "brainwashed," so to speak, to hate the other side.
Republicans are too intelligent to succumb to brainwashing tactics but one can purchase a Democrat Brainwashing Kit at any Walgreens.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Where does this hatred come from? I've not said anything to offend anyone, but the fact that I have a different opinion immediately makes every republican hate me. As if my very existance were insulting to them.
It may be that you personally haven't, and its a poor reflection on the other side that they don't recognize that. Having said that, for the past 30+ years, Democrats (more specifically, the radicalized left wing known as progressives) have waged war against anyone who does not think exactly the same way they do. If you claim to be a person who values your own judgment, then sooner or later, it will run counter to theirs and you too will become a target. It is only a matter of time.

There was a time when the Republicans and many conservatives on the web forums would try to take a high road and not resort to straight insults until they had been insulted first. Now, no one even bothers. Its straight for the throat and fuck everything else.

I guess the answer is, the right is tired of being called names and they're going to fight back with ferocity.

Yeah 'the right' seems really hung up on words, which can't hurt you. Isn't this the very definition of snowflake. Someone who is devastated by an insult, or a word?

Conservative policy actually harms people, words or 'pc' don't do anything but bruise egos. Huge difference.
Be honest, liberal policy harms people as much as conservative policy.

You obviously do not feel that Democrats feel the same way about Republicans, so any "discussion" would be pointless. Until you recognize that this "feeling" is a two way street, a game played by two, you will never find perspective.

Yeah 'the right' seems really hung up on words, which can't hurt you. Isn't this the very definition of snowflake. Someone who is devastated by an insult, or a word?

Once or twice any adult will get past. 20 years of insults is much more than just ''words". BTW....conservative policies do NOT hurt people.

Once or twice any adult will get past. 20 years of insults is much more than just ''words". BTW....conservative policies do NOT hurt people.

Yes I'm sure if the Republican un-healthcare bill had passed and 24 million people lost their health insurance they would have been just fine. As long as they never got sick or injured. It's just what Jesus would do.

Yes I'm sure if the Republican un-healthcare bill had passed and 24 million people lost their health insurance they would have been just fine. As long as they never got sick or injured. It's just what Jesus would do.
Good God, you're stupid.

24 million people don't have usable healthcare now.

Yeah 'the right' seems really hung up on words, which can't hurt you. Isn't this the very definitioin of snowflake. Someone who is devastated by an insult, or a word?

You cannot be serious.

No, not at all. I just assumed that since your statement was so false that you must be employing satire. I just wasn't sure, judging by your response, I take it that you were actually serious. In which case... there is no hope for your indoctrinated mind.
Yeah 'the right' seems really hung up on words, which can't hurt you.
Except when those words are things like "your a racist, sexist, homophobic, misogynist." That, my friend, has very real consequences. Many a career has been ruined by nothing more that this type of allegation, true or not. An allegation that the left seems all too willing to throw around, even when they have nothing to back it up with. So, yeah, words can't hurt you, go on and keep believing that.
Oh, and then there is all the crap about how it's sooooo hurtful to say certain words that they must be, effectively, banned. But nooooo words can't hurt anyone. naive...
Conservative policy actually harms people,
There are ALWAYS winners and losers. It does not matter what political philosophy you subscribe to. Liberal policy hurts people too, the only difference is that those who are hurt by liberal policy don't whine so much about it.
words or 'pc' don't do anything but bruise egos.
Ummmm, which is it again?
If words can't do anything by bruise egos, then why, pray tell, do we even need pc? If all I would do is bruise an ego, then why is it sooooo wrong for me to udder certain words/phrases? It's only bruising an ego. (Don't get me wrong, there are certain words/phrases that should never again be uddered by ANYONE, ever, for any reason.)

The double standard here is amazing!!! You undermine your own argument, with your argument!!! It's really quite comical.

You cannot be serious.

No, not at all. I just assumed that since your statement was so false that you must be employing satire. I just wasn't sure, judging by your response, I take it that you were actually serious. In which case... there is no hope for your indoctrinated mind.
Except when those words are things like "your a racist, sexist, homophobic, misogynist." That, my friend, has very real consequences. Many a career has been ruined by nothing more that this type of allegation, true or not. An allegation that the left seems all too willing to throw around, even when they have nothing to back it up with. So, yeah, words can't hurt you, go on and keep believing that.
Oh, and then there is all the crap about how it's sooooo hurtful to say certain words that they must be, effectively, banned. But nooooo words can't hurt anyone. naive...
There are ALWAYS winners and losers. It does not matter what political philosophy you subscribe to. Liberal policy hurts people too, the only difference is that those who are hurt by liberal policy don't whine so much about it.
If words can't do anything by bruise egos, then why, pray tell, do we even need pc? If all I would do is bruise an ego, then why is it sooooo wrong for me to udder certain words/phrases? It's only bruising an ego. (Don't get me wrong, there are certain words/phrases that should never again be uddered by ANYONE, ever, for any reason.)

The double standard here is amazing!!! You undermine your own argument, with your argument!!! It's really quite comical.

I don't read it if my post is chopped up and parsed Percy. Sorry. If you can't say what you have to say using sentences and paragraphs in one coherent thought I don't have time. Doesn't mean you should change, but I don't read posts like this.

For 30+ years Republicans have been hell-bent on the destruction of the working and middle class to the benefit of the top 5%, all while pointing their fingers at the poor as being the drain on middle class pocket books. It is not social programs and it is not the working poor who are "taking" from the middle class, it's the 5% and large US retail and service corporations whose wages are being subsidized by social programs, while these corporations book record profits and pay executives 8 figure salaries.

Republicans talk about jobs but no Republican President since Eisenhauer has had the kind of job creation of Bill Clinton or Barrack Obama, or even Jimmy Carter, who is considered an economic failure. Jimmy Carter created more jobs than Ronald Reagan. Both Reagan and Bush had unemployment rates in excess of 6%, that were the result of their cut and spend parties.

If Republicans told the truth about the results of their policies, no one outside of the 5% vote for them, so they lie about what they'll be doing, and who's to blame for the results of their policies (it's always the poor - the people with the least in the policies who are to blame). It liberals, who are to blame. It's the poor. Corporations are always good, poor people are lazy, unmotivated and entirely to blame for their lot.

Now Republicans are attacking liberals are being evil personified. Again, if not for the hate, the bile, and the insults, conservative have nothing. Nothing but lies, distortions and fake news. The United States economy has been going into the toilet since the day Reagan took power, it just took a long, long time to destroy, but you're almost there. I have no doubt that Trump will finish the job. W came close, but Obama pulled it back. W's crash was far more destructive than Reagan's because the working class and the middle class had savings and equity in the 1980's. Much of that was wiped out in W's crash, so that the economy cannot withstand another round of tax cuts coupled with runaway spending, and/or another expensive war or two.

Republicans talk about jobs but no Republican President since Eisenhauer has had the kind of job creation of Bill Clinton or Barrack Obama, or even Jimmy Carter, who is considered an economic failure. Jimmy Carter created more jobs than Ronald Reagan. Both Reagan and Bush had unemployment rates in excess of 6%, that were the result of their cut and spend parties.

If Republicans told the truth about the results of their policies, no one outside of the 5% vote for them, so they lie about what they'll be doing, and who's to blame for the results of their policies (it's always the poor - the people with the least in the policies who are to blame). It liberals, who are to blame. It's the poor. Corporations are always good, poor people are lazy, unmotivated and entirely to blame for their lot.

Now Republicans are attacking liberals are being evil personified. Again, if not for the hate, the bile, and the insults, conservative have nothing. Nothing but lies, distortions and fake news. The United States economy has been going into the toilet since the day Reagan took power, it just took a long, long time to destroy, but you're almost there. I have no doubt that Trump will finish the job. W came close, but Obama pulled it back. W's crash was far more destructive than Reagan's because the working class and the middle class had savings and equity in the 1980's. Much of that was wiped out in W's crash, so that the economy cannot withstand another round of tax cuts coupled with runaway spending, and/or another expensive war or two.
post-60072-Pee-Wee-Herman-laughing-gif-Im-tTn1.gif

Last edited:

You cannot be serious.

I don't read it if my post is chopped up and parsed Percy. Sorry. If you can't say what you have to say using sentences and paragraphs in one coherent thought I don't have time. Doesn't mean you should change, but I don't read posts like this.
In other words you simply refuse to take the time looking at another's opine.
How is that different from restricting speech IF this is the Civil Debate Zone and YOU refuse debate based on biased arcane thinking?

You cannot be serious.

How is that different from restricting speech IF this is the Civil Debate Zone and YOU refuse debate based on biased arcane thinking?

Couch it however you like.

You cannot be serious.

You MAY have some worthy points I say MAY, but your high handed better than thou is not only a distraction from the subject at hand but devalues anything you have to say on the topic.

You owe it to yourself, the forum and those you engage to make that extra effort when and where needed to have any chance of "seeding" your point.
Just a suggestion.

For 30+ years Republicans have been hell-bent on the destruction of the working and middle class to the benefit of the top 5%, all while pointing their fingers at the poor as being the drain on middle class pocket books. It is not social programs and it is not the working poor who are "taking" from the middle class, it's the 5% and large US retail and service corporations whose wages are being subsidized by social programs, while these corporations book record profits and pay executives 8 figure salaries.

The only jobs Obama created were in the government, he didn't do anything for the private sector except bail outs of pension programs to GM and subsidizing green energy, Obama was a hindrance to job creation with Obama care to his EPA rules and regulations, thank god for fracking he hated that it lowered gas prices and thank god for republican governors who brought jobs in.

Last edited:

You MAY have some worthy points I say MAY, but your high handed better than thou is not only a distraction from the subject at hand but devalues anything you have to say on the topic.

You owe it to yourself, the forum and those you engage to make that extra effort when and where needed to have any chance of "seeding" your point.
Just a suggestion.

Ok last note.

I told the other poster he didn't have to change anything he does. It isn't high handed, I have limited time. He's free to to not respond to my posts as well. Thanks for being generally civil.

Why do republicans feel that democrats are conspiring against them and all-but declaring war on them.

This is an honest question, I'm trying to get a perspective of the mindset.

How strange.

What makes you think that there has not been any conspiring and organizing declarations of war on conservatives and conservatism by the left?

Have you not witnessed the marches? Have you not read the signs. watched the riots and considered who the organizers are?

Forum List

Back