CDZ Congress Says, Let the Mentally Ill Buy Guns

For all their dysfunction, the Republican Senate and House have managed to act with lightning speed in striking down a sensible Obama administration rule designed to stop people with severe mental problems from buying guns.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/15/opinion/congress-says-let-the-mentally-ill-buy-guns.html
wrong

This so called sensible legislation would have denied the right to own a gun to a person who needed help balancing a checkbook

last time I checked not being able to balance a checkbook was not a sign of severe mental illness

For all their dysfunction, the Republican Senate and House have managed to act with lightning speed in striking down a sensible Obama administration rule designed to stop people with severe mental problems from buying guns.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/15/opinion/congress-says-let-the-mentally-ill-buy-guns.html
wrong

This so called sensible legislation would have denied the right to own a gun to a person who needed help balancing a checkbook

last time I checked not being able to balance a checkbook was not a sign of severe mental illness

There's a list of qualifications to own guns or not own guns that demorats push. Not allowing people with poor credit ratings to own guns is probably next. Then having more than one parking ticket in a lifetime and then........

Last edited:

/---- Every Vet being discharged could be classified With PTS and denied a gun. And who is better trained in firearms than a Vet?

Timothy McVeigh?

/---- Every Vet being discharged could be classified With PTS and denied a gun. And who is better trained in firearms than a Vet?

Timothy McVeigh?
McVeigh went on a rampage and shot a bunch of people?

What about those with a disability but not mental illness that may prevent them from taking care of their financial affairs by but not from taking shooting as a hobby?

The only solution for US in this is to demand a reason for buying a gun. The problem is you can buy a gun just to have a gun.

What about those with a disability but not mental illness that may prevent them from taking care of their financial affairs by but not from taking shooting as a hobby?

The only solution for US in this is to demand a reason for buying a gun. The problem is you can buy a gun just to have a gun.
so what?

When you have a right you don't need a reason.

so what?

You shouldn't have right to own a gun for no reason.

so what?

well I do

so get over it

If you want I'll give you a list a mile long of things you shouldn't be able to do but I won't and you know why?

Because what you do is none of my fucking business

and what I do is none of your fucking business

so what?

well I do

so get over it

If you want I'll give you a list a mile long of things you shouldn't be able to do but I won't and you know why?

Unless of course it involves you hurting me, or it involves you hurting someone, harming someone, or things like that. Now.... guns.... don't hurt anyone, do they?

so what?

well I do

so get over it

As the subject was not of you, my "you" naturally referred to "one", "a person".

so what?

well I do

so get over it

Unless of course it involves you hurting me, or it involves you hurting someone, harming someone, or things like that. Now.... guns.... don't hurt anyone, do they?
no guns cannot do anything on their own since they are inanimate objects

People are responsible all the harm done to other people

so what?

well I do

so get over it

As the subject was not of you, my "you" naturally referred to "one", "a person".
last time I checked I was a person

The problem with anyone getting a gun is that it brings guns to private sellers. So anyone can buy a gun in order to sell it to anyone at all. Which makes buying guns and selling guns a concern of common citizens. :dig:

The problem with anyone getting a gun is that it brings guns to private sellers. So anyone can buy a gun in order to sell it to anyone at all. Which makes buying guns and selling guns a concern if common citizens. :dig:

well that happens to be illegal in most places so once again you are conflating the actions of criminals with those of law abiding people

Forum List

Back