CDZ Civil War?

It all boils down to each sides belief system. Democrats feel bigger government is better, Republicans believe smaller government is better. It's always been that way but lately, democrats think they OWN the country and that there is no other plausible way to govern the country. That is wrong and borders on totalitarianism. The thing the founding fathers didn't want. The democratic party needs to take a good, long, hard look at what they are doing to the country..
At the same time, conservatives are getting close to anarchy, and getting rid of essential regulations that are best for the american people. I feel that both sides are about to go off of a giant cliff at opposite ends of the spectrum.
I don't believe anarchy but I do believe that they too have wandered from their core beliefs. You are correct in saying that both sides are about to go off a cliff. The country is a mess right now and I do not know what is the best way forward.
Exactly what you are doing. That is the best medicine. Reject the crap from BOTH sides that is counter-productive, and try to find common ground with your fellow citizen. Then, at least, you have a starting place to begin the healing process. One that may well take several generations.

What makes you believe that, because from what I've seen, republicans are taking a counteroffensive against a non-existant enemy. The two parties are supposed to work together and compromise to find what's best for the american people

They really got totally upset when a brown skinned family moved into the Whitehouse.
If you believe that then here's no hope for you.

I do believe it, totally. The advent of the tea party. Fought him every step of the way.
The Tea Party had nothing to do with race, or the man. Sure there were individuals part of the Tea Party that are/were racist, but the vast majority had a problem with POLICY, not race or the man himself.

What makes you believe that, because from what I've seen, republicans are taking a counteroffensive against a non-existant enemy. The two parties are supposed to work together and compromise to find what's best for the american people

They really got totally upset when a brown skinned family moved into the Whitehouse.

I do believe it, totally. The advent of the tea party. Fought him every step of the way.
The Tea Party had nothing to do with race, or the man. Sure there were individuals part of the Tea Party that are/were racist, but the vast majority had a problem with POLICY, not race or the man himself.

Possibly but I doubt it since most of the Rep party is white, like what 90% or maybe 85%. It may of been he was a Democrat as well, but that was not the main issue. I mean our sitting Pres. was the worst, sent people to HA he said and we would not believe what they found, and we have never heard. I have yet to see Trumps taxes , and yet Obama showed his BC but that was not good enough. Oh jealously to be sure.

Possibly but I doubt it since most of the Rep party is white, like what 90% or maybe 85%.
Which, of course, makes them inherently racist, just by being white. Right? Everyone, or at least most people, who is white hates the "black man", just because he is black. Right? How udderly ignorant of you to even imply that white people are inherently racist. Actually, that seems a bit racist now that I put it that way. Just sayin', those who live in glass houses, should think twice about throwing rocks....

Sure it did and his black preacher. All I heard. I didn't like his preacher either or Michelle when she said for the first time in my life i'm proud to be an American. The Tea Party is anti black and most of Fox news, except if they are ultra conservative.

Possibly but I doubt it since most of the Rep party is white, like what 90% or maybe 85%.
Which, of course, makes them inherently racist, just by being white. Right? Everyone, or at least most people, who is white hates the "black man", just because he is black. Right? How udderly ignorant of you to even imply that white people are inherently racist. Actually, that seems a bit racist now that I put it that way. Just sayin', those who live in glass houses, should think twice about throwing rocks....

I see it all the time on here from Republicans, nasty pics of black overweight people. Its very sickening. I'm a white female so its not like I'm black.

I see it all the time on here from Republicans, nasty pics of black overweight people. Its very sickening. I'm a white female so its not like I'm black.

Here,Penelope, is your picture to give you equal billing.

upload_2017-4-7_9-59-1.png

Why do republicans feel that democrats are conspiring against them and all-but declaring war on them.
I don't know that the Republicans who matter actually feel that way. I do know they are given to making inflammatory remarks and it appears that much of their constituency hasn't any better sense than to believe and then repeat that crap. I, one, would hope they aren't anywhere near as dimwitted as those remarks would suggest they be were their speakers to indeed hold them true.

To the OP: mainstream GOP feel nothing of the sort.

The far right and alt right and neo-fascists want to shut down their opposition, so they accused them of doing what they want to do to the Dems.
Yah, these people totally lost their stuff over President Barack Hussein Obama.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Here,Penelope, is your picture to give you equal billing.

View attachment 120739

You should be reported for taking up too much space in a post. Is that your wife??

Let us go forth with the break up of the United States. It is long past due and nothing lasts forever.

The Blue States are the ones that produce the most income for the federal government by far. Without Taxus and the oil industry the red states are a 4th world economy. 75% of the red states take most of the welfare from the government.

So let us break it up. Conservatives you can go have your Fake Jesus and Gun Emporium Only True Amuhrca country, build a 30 foot wall around it, deport everyone except the KKK, abolish unions and protests, reinstate slavery, force 12 year old girls that were raped by a family member to carry the child to term and the rest of the long list of depravity that is your core belief system. And you could do this without fear of anyone overturning your 1835 throwback laws or suing you in court. And you wouldn't have a need for talk radio as all it is now is 24/7 propaganda for the Republicans of how life is miserable and its all someone else's fault.

Easy solution to all the country's woes, break it up. The new Progressive America would be wealthy and produce all the food, technology, and movies it does now and we wouldn't have to listen to or deal with the underbelly of humanity in people like Michelle Bachman or Sarah Palin or drumpf. The whackos could go form their own insane asylum and pick one dear leader who's family would lead them through generations.

Honestly it's time. Conservatives are like dragging around a ball and chain all the time that is trying to drag everyone back to the 19th century.

Because they know they're wrong. Guilt has quick ears for an accusation.

Let us go forth with the break up of the United States. It is long past due and nothing lasts forever.

The Blue States are the ones that produce the most income for the federal government by far. Without Taxus and the oil industry the red states are a 4th world economy. 75% of the red states take most of the welfare from the government.

So let us break it up. Conservatives you can go have your Fake Jesus and Gun Emporium Only True Amuhrca country, build a 30 foot wall around it, deport everyone except the KKK, abolish unions and protests, reinstate slavery, force 12 year old girls that were raped by a family member to carry the child to term and the rest of the long list of depravity that is your core belief system. And you could do this without fear of anyone overturning your 1835 throwback laws or suing you in court. And you wouldn't have a need for talk radio as all it is now is 24/7 propaganda for the Republicans of how life is miserable and its all someone else's fault.

Easy solution to all the country's woes, break it up. The new Progressive America would be wealthy and produce all the food, technology, and movies it does now and we wouldn't have to listen to or deal with the underbelly of humanity in people like Michelle Bachman or Sarah Palin or drumpf. The whackos could go form their own insane asylum and pick one dear leader who's family would lead them through generations.

Honestly it's time. Conservatives are like dragging around a ball and chain all the time that is trying to drag everyone back to the 19th century.
With posts like that, it's no wonder why we are such a divided country. It would seem that to you:
Republican/Conservative = Bad, insane, dimwitted fools
Democrat/Progressive/Liberal = Good people
Sadly, for you, reality is far more complex than that.

With posts like that, it's no wonder why we are such a divided country. It would seem that to you:

Sorry I make an observation on what is. The country is divided? Yes did you gleen that from my post. Is this news to anyone?

Both sides aren't equally at fault though. This is the favorite tool that conservatives have been using the last 8 years that 'well it's everyone equally and it's all just tossed in a big pot and it's all just a mish mash'. No, it isn't. The conservative mindset ever since Barack Obama took office has been 'we will compromise on nothing ever and we will oppose everything he does or wants to do even if it aligns with what we want'. And now conservatives are beside themself when Democrats offer drumpf the same thing? You have to be kidding.

I'm not sure why you or anyone else would argue with the idea of breaking the country up into two or three other countries. You'll get to have exactly what you want all the time with no pesky 'libruls' to get in your way. I love America but democracies in general in history have lasted no more than 200 years. We are way past that and the stance by conservatives that they will not compromise on anything anymore is at war with the Constitution. The founders wrote that document to create a government of FORCED COMPROMISE. But Republicans decided they will cheat the other side out of a Supreme Court nominee just because they can manipulate the 'meaning' of something.

I'm sorry it's over and conservatives have killed it. I'm saying it would be far better for all the states to have a convention and decide to break up the country before another civil war takes place. Because that is where we are headed. One of the political parties, the Republicans, have decided they are above the Constitution.

It's over.

It's not a coincidence that those blue states tend to be on the coasts. A state like California has advantages associated with international trade that other states do not. Not only directly through the shipping industries but also from companies locating there to be near shipping facilities. Some what of an "apples and oranges" comparison. Think about it, where would California's economy be without international trade?

It's not a coincidence that those blue states tend to be on the coasts. A state like California has advantages associated with international trade that other states do not. Not only directly through the shipping industries but also from companies locating there to be near shipping facilities. Some what of an "apples and oranges" comparison. Think about it, where would California's economy be without international trade?

No the only difference is Blue States are where people are and red states are mostly dirt. This is why all these election maps that show 90% of the country voting red are useless. Dirt doesn't vote or matter, people do. And people generate income and wealth. Almost all the southern states have coastline yet they are poor. Again eliminate Taxus and it's oil and there is no wealth in the red states. It has always been this way, when the civil war started the entire confederacy's economy was one fourth the size of New York alone.

Like Venice, Florence, London, Paris, intelligent and creative people congregate in a city they are most comfortable in and can meet other creative people. You just have to read this forum and see what Republicans do as soon as they have power, "let's get rid of the arts and PBS".

Creative people know this.

No the only difference is Blue States are where people are and red states are mostly dirt. This is why all these election maps that show 90% of the country voting red are useless. Dirt doesn't vote or matter, people do. And people generate income and wealth. Almost all the southern states have coastline yet they are poor. Again eliminate Taxus and it's oil and there is no wealth in the red states. It has always been this way, when the civil war started the entire confederacy's economy was one fourth the size of New York alone.

Like Venice, Florence, London, Paris, intelligent and creative people congregate in a city they are most comfortable in and can meet other creative people. You just have to read this forum and see what Republicans do as soon as they have power, "let's get rid of the arts and PBS".

Creative people know this.
Population density is certainly another aspect, my point is that comparing California to say Iowa is truly "apples and oranges".

Keep in mind that traditionally the Parises, and Londons of the world were dependent on extractive industries and agriculture for their accumulation of wealth. All the while exploiting the populations of the regions that provided that wealth.

As far as the arts and PBS, I can't say I blame them. While we watch our infrastructure, educational system and healthcare systems crumble, the dems seem more interested using tax dollars to prop up left wing news outlets and supporting "artists", to antagonize religious folks with jars with a crucifix in urine. And of course undermine traditional values by glorifying single motherhood, making up 58 genders and deciding who my 12 year old daughter showers with.

Sorry I make an observation on what is. The country is divided? Yes did you gleen that from my post. Is this news to anyone?

Both sides aren't equally at fault though. This is the favorite tool that conservatives have been using the last 8 years that 'well it's everyone equally and it's all just tossed in a big pot and it's all just a mish mash'. No, it isn't. The conservative mindset ever since Barack Obama took office has been 'we will compromise on nothing ever and we will oppose everything he does or wants to do even if it aligns with what we want'. And now conservatives are beside themself when Democrats offer drumpf the same thing? You have to be kidding.

I'm not sure why you or anyone else would argue with the idea of breaking the country up into two or three other countries. You'll get to have exactly what you want all the time with no pesky 'libruls' to get in your way. I love America but democracies in general in history have lasted no more than 200 years. We are way past that and the stance by conservatives that they will not compromise on anything anymore is at war with the Constitution. The founders wrote that document to create a government of FORCED COMPROMISE. But Republicans decided they will cheat the other side out of a Supreme Court nominee just because they can manipulate the 'meaning' of something.

I'm sorry it's over and conservatives have killed it. I'm saying it would be far better for all the states to have a convention and decide to break up the country before another civil war takes place. Because that is where we are headed. One of the political parties, the Republicans, have decided they are above the Constitution.

It's over.
While I strongly disagree with what appears to be your political leanings, I do have to give you credit for your... candor. No, both sides are not equally at fault, that would be impossible. Who bears the burden of the "greater fault" is of little importance to me. The Republicans were, in part at least, the "party of no" for the last 8 years, this is true. At the same time, the Democrats passed legislation, without a single Republican vote, that vastly changes 1/6th of the economy. They couldn't get even one person to "cross the aisle". What does that, by itself, tell you? It tells me that it was a highly divisive piece of legislation, that they had to pass, in order to find out what was in it, according to Nancy Pelosi. Who, by the way, is now saying that they need to know what is in it, before they can vote on it(in reference to Trump's/Ryan's proposed plan). This is an example of the double standard that the DNC has and, apparently, no one has a problem with it.

Well, I have a problem with it. I, and hundreds of thousands of like minded people have a problem with BOTH parties. I have a problem with the Republicans being the "party of no", I have a problem with the DNC setting things up so that Mr. Sanders had no hope in hell of winning, even though the rank and file, of the DNC, liked, and voted, for him over Mrs. Clinton. Dems. want to say that Clinton won the popular vote in the general election (which she did), and therefore should be President; but have no problem with the fact that Sanders won the popular vote in the primary, and Clinton still got the nomination. Yet another double standard.

Seems that everyone wants to point the finger at "the other guy", well, we all are at fault here. We voted these people in, and have not cast them back out. We didn't speak up, at least not loud enough, when we saw the "little" things, we ALL have a hand in this. So, go ahead, point the finger wherever you like. Just remember, there are three more pointing back at YOU!!!

It's over.
While I strongly disagree with what appears to be your political leanings, I do have to give you credit for your... candor. No, both sides are not equally at fault, that would be impossible. Who bears the burden of the "greater fault" is of little importance to me. The Republicans were, in part at least, the "party of no" for the last 8 years, this is true. At the same time, the Democrats passed legislation, without a single Republican vote, that vastly changes 1/6th of the economy. They couldn't get even one person to "cross the aisle". What does that, by itself, tell you? It tells me that it was a highly divisive piece of legislation, that they had to pass, in order to find out what was in it, according to Nancy Pelosi. Who, by the way, is now saying that they need to know what is in it, before they can vote on it(in reference to Trump's/Ryan's proposed plan). This is an example of the double standard that the DNC has and, apparently, no one has a problem with it.

Well, I have a problem with it. I, and hundreds of thousands of like minded people have a problem with BOTH parties. I have a problem with the Republicans being the "party of no", I have a problem with the DNC setting things up so that Mr. Sanders had no hope in hell of winning, even though the rank and file, of the DNC, liked, and voted, for him over Mrs. Clinton. Dems. want to say that Clinton won the popular vote in the general election (which she did), and therefore should be President; but have no problem with the fact that Sanders won the popular vote in the primary, and Clinton still got the nomination. Yet another double standard.

Seems that everyone wants to point the finger at "the other guy", well, we all are at fault here. We voted these people in, and have not cast them back out. We didn't speak up, at least not loud enough, when we saw the "little" things, we ALL have a hand in this. So, go ahead, point the finger wherever you like. Just remember, there are three more pointing back at YOU!!!

I agree completely about the 'we have to pass it so you can see it' about the ACA that Pelosi said. Ridiculous. And I if you read my posts from the past year and a half (you don't have to why bore yourself lol) I would have preferred a Sanders/Kasich or Kasich/Sanders ticket. I'm tired in my guts of some family like the Clintons, or Bushs, or Kennedys acting like they are political royalty. This is the US we have no royalty it is wholly against what we are. And now we have the Kim Jong Un of this nepotism royalty crap in drumpf who has given the most sensitive jobs in the US government to his various untalented children and the Republicans in Congress have done nothing about it! Another notch in the 'Republicans do most of the nefarious things in office' bent.

The crux of it is Republicans have given up on civil government and following the Constitution. They 'claim' to but they make up crap out of their ass why they don't have to. Democrats are not perfect by any means but they are just Republican lite. They can't hold a candle to the outright ignoring of and manipulating what the Constitution says to their own benefit.

As I said that signals the democracy is nearing it's end. Throw in a 20 trillion dollar deficit and the country is coughing up blood. Let's just break it up into maybe three other contries, I'm not sure why this would be a big thing. Conservatives could go have the country they envision which I described above and so could everyone else and no one would have to 'compromise' with the other or tell 'the other' every election 'we are taking out country back'. Back from what? It went nowhere it's the same country. Enough.

Break it up and everyone go be happy. What's wrong with this?

It's over.

I think it's a complete waste of time arguing about who's more at fault for the mess we find ourselves in. The GOP was the party of No when Obama was POTUS, and now the Dems are the party of NO with Trump in the WH just as they were when Bush was the Pres. Nothing new, been that way for a very long time except now with the internet and the preponderance of cable news, blogs, and websites spouting off their analysis for one side or the other, that chasm has been amplified.

One thing about Trump, whatever his faults he ran as the anti-establishment candidate. Before that the Dems got their asses handed to them in the House in 2010, and in the Senate in 2014, so I do think the voters are talking with their votes. Are the Dems going to move further Left to appease their base? Right now the GOP is splintered, and if they don't get their act together and get something done they very well could find themselves back in the minority in Congress. We could be seeing the start of a continual flip between parties as one party gets in, does little or nothing to warrant re-election, and then the other party gets in and does the same thing.

I think Trump tried to go along with the GOP establishment on the ACA repeal and replace bill and it obviously blew up in his face. His fault? Okay, but maybe a bit understandable especially for a political rookie. The question is what does he do from here on out, does he try to woo the moderate dems, the ones in states he won in 2016 who are up for re-election in 2018? Obviously he's going to follow the route Obama laid out with all his Executive actions except in reverse, and this latest business with going to the nuclear option over Gorsuch will have an impact. Will the Dems cooperate at all or will the GOP finally just go with the nuclear option on everything? Yes, I know the Repubs didn't cooperate with the Dems either, but under Obama and Reid I don't think they ever got the chance.

Right now our political leadership is failing us in both parties. Maybe that changes, cuz if it doesn't I think hard times are a comin'. The path we're on right now is not sustainable, and the problems we have are going to worsen IMHO.

Forum List

Back