Churches Considering Divestment Of Assets Of Companies Profiting From Occupation

Discussion in 'Israel and Palestine' started by NATO AIR, Dec 23, 2004.

1. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    good for them

this is not anti-semetic, this is about fairness, justice and peace.

the unjust land grab of wacko israelis in the gaza strip and the west bank has been tolerated for too long. its about time folks started forcing the israelis to play a good game about justice, not just talk up one.

2. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    The occupation is justifiable considering the barbarity of the terrorists.

3. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    I'll have to respectfully disagree. The occupation is wrong and only causes both sides much, much needless headache and hurt.

4. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    It is the only logical response to a population taught nothing but hatred and destruction of israel.

5. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    By giving that said brainwashed population real reasons to hate and fight israel?

I won't deny that many palestinians have been brainwashed into hating israel and jews. that's a real fact. what isn't a fact is that taking on the role of oppressor and stealing land, bulldozing houses (not just suicide bombers houses but any house not built w/o the proper permit, when the permit format changes everyday to prevent palestinians from having one), ruining lives, keeping people in sickening squelor, etc etc, that this somehow makes you safer and more powerful.

it doesn't. you see now sharon trying to undo all this, and the nutjob settlers willing to tear israel apart to keep him from doing it.

6. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    They already have enough reasons without gaza. Pulling out will not foster any positive will. It's just appeasement of terrorists.
    They do this to SURVIVE. I know you think you need to be fair and accept SOME lib crap to be balanced. That's not what balance is.

7. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    Pulling out will not foster any positive will but it will make it easier, eventually, for a strong leader to lead the Palestinians away from hatred and violence and towards peace with Israel. It has to happen, eventually.

They do this to get a better defensive position and also to further the cause of peace. yea, its survival, but its going to save israeli and palestinian lives in the long run, rather than the old way of survival (stealing land to punish them and strengthen israel's hand).

this isn't lib crap, this is about doing the right thing. that's something most liberals are not doing these days. bush is doing the right thing, encouraging the palestinians to be free and give up terrorism, as well as encouraging the israelis to give up this old way of thinking and embrace this new one (sharon's new view) and become stronger and more secure.

8. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    I don't see the connection.
    That's just a claim of yours. I don't see the causal connection. THEY must cease killing civilians before any withdraw should occur. Israelis only respond. I agree they respond with great force, but that is all these people understand apparently.
    I believe there should be a pullout only when the two state solutions is achieved and the boundaries are drawn.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    The connection is that it will be easier for the leader to negotiate with Israel with Israeli settlers stealing less and less Palestinian land. It becomes less of an emotional, pressing issue.

With fewer Israelis in the danger zones, fewer will die. Haven't you noticed how fewer Israelis are dying from suicide bombings? (the wall is working) This number will continue to decrease. I suspect many Palestinians will die in the likely civil war (or at least serious violence between factions next year) next year but that is something bound to happen sadly.

Your view on the pullout is your own. I can see merit in it but I also understand Sharon's viewpoint and agree with his more.

10. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    I doubt it.
    It's shared by others as well. Well he's being politically correct. This is war.