Christians, please comment on this article :)

What do you want us to say? He is a scumbag. He is going to pay the price for his actions and it's right that he does. But that has nothing to do with faith and everything to do with an individual who is sick. Think of it like this. If he was an accountant would you say that accounting is evil and fucked up because this child rapist was an accountant? Of course not. So lay the blame appropriately. The guy is a piece of shit, but that's all there is to say

Why have you left the faith.
I would think an article like this would make you thankful that you worship God in a appropriate manner. When I read the article, I thought how horrid. But I was Thankful that the Holy Ghost guides me the correct way.
Plz return to the faith, and recommit to reading the Bible.
I left the faith after 20 plus years. No article would have swayed me to leave, or stay for that matter. I spent those years digging into the history and formation of the faith because I'm the type to pop open the hood and see what makes things run.

It wasn't easy because the Catholics wrote the history for the most part. Almost every thing else was destroyed as heresy. The bible itself underwent evolution, one church bureaucrats voted on what books would make up the bible. Apart from all that it doesn't make sense. As a Christian you learn to suspend rational thought, the problem is that the more you learn the more faith you need. For me I ran out of faith as I used my mind the way it was designed.
I like your term "church bureaucrats," I've had to deal with a few of those.
I wouldn't worry to much about the catholics. I don't know much about their religion either. I think God in many ways protected the Bible to the extent that we got what we needed.
God made the Bible the way he did to promote study. If if was written to simplistic It wouldn't promote thought nor study.
I don't worry about Catholics either, what I stated was factual. They were the state religion. They were the ones reproducing the bible over the course of years, mostly by monks. The books were decided on by committee, not god. God didn't pick anything or preserve anything. Men did.
Your statement is true up until the Bible.
God protected scripture the same way He protected Moses, or Jesus. We have had other sources such as the Greek Septuagint and the Dead Sea Scrolls.
Try this, look up the miraculous ways the Bible got us rather than ways it was corrupted.
My favorite book of the bible is the one about aliens. Why did they toss it?
I don't remember if it was Desilu studios or Paramount Pictures that bought the copywrite.

What do you want us to say? He is a scumbag. He is going to pay the price for his actions and it's right that he does. But that has nothing to do with faith and everything to do with an individual who is sick. Think of it like this. If he was an accountant would you say that accounting is evil and fucked up because this child rapist was an accountant? Of course not. So lay the blame appropriately. The guy is a piece of shit, but that's all there is to say

Keeps a little problem: What about if he is innocent and the whole story is a fake? Then someone manpipulated you to speak in an inadequate way about someone else. That's what political propaganda always tries to construct. And how works propaganda? Let me give you this example. "Christians drink the blood and eat the flesh of a slaughtered child [of god] in their church serivces." Somehow true. Such a senetence were (¿are?) used to manipulate people to burn down a church and to kill everyone because of a lack of understanding and an excess of pseudomoralism.

Last edited:
This post was hacked & edited: Christians, please comment on this article :) | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum ; it should have said:

"I see...would it be OK to ask if you are a female? :)

"And would a male who is forcibly sodomized be also 'disabled' by his sodomization?...

"As we're in the religion section, Jesus in the Bible was called 'insane' because he expressed some belief that the rulers of his people were trying to kill him...perhaps Jesus would have been considered disabled by today's (or yesterday's) psychiatric standards...

"But would it be OK to ask if you are a female? :)"

-

I've recently left the faith but would any Christian please comment on this news article:

Alabama pastor accused of raping 15-year-old member of congregation

-
Why have you left the faith.
I would think an article like this would make you thankful that you worship God in a appropriate manner.
When I read the article, I thought how horrid. But I was Thankful that the Holy Ghost guides me the correct way.
Plz return to the faith, and recommit to reading the Bible.

Hi Mr. Weaver, :)

Thank you for your kind words and well wishes. I left because of doubt.

I also saw after leaving that I disagree with a fundamental Christian idea or belief. But I'm interested in some things in the Old Testament. I'm trying to (want to) learn about Karaite Judaism and it's ideas about the prophet Noah.

Thank you again, Mr. Weaver for your kind words and concern.
A1977

-

Not feeling the love if you are a Christian, Blue... :lol: (laughing with and not at)

-

Forum List

Back