Christians, please comment on this article :)

... One example is a congregation in East Texas where the pastor of a Church on the Rock congregation ran away with the 22 year old secretary. People are relentlessly stupid and relentlessly prove it.

You think this pastor was "relentlessly stupid" because he ran away with the 22 years old secretary? ... How do you know this?

you're dealing with a poser who specializes in yellow journalism.

I've recently left the faith but would any Christian please comment on this news article:Alabama pastor accused of raping 15-year-old member of congregation-
Why have you left the faith.
I would think an article like this would make you thankful that you worship God in a appropriate manner. When I read the article, I thought how horrid. But I was Thankful that the Holy Ghost guides me the correct way.
Plz return to the faith, and recommit to reading the Bible.
I left the faith after 20 plus years. No article would have swayed me to leave, or stay for that matter. I spent those years digging into the history and formation of the faith because I'm the type to pop open the hood and see what makes things run.

It wasn't easy because the Catholics wrote the history for the most part. Almost every thing else was destroyed as heresy. The bible itself underwent evolution, one church bureaucrats voted on what books would make up the bible. Apart from all that it doesn't make sense. As a Christian you learn to suspend rational thought, the problem is that the more you learn the more faith you need. For me I ran out of faith as I used my mind the way it was designed.
I like your term "church bureaucrats," I've had to deal with a few of those.
I wouldn't worry to much about the catholics. I don't know much about their religion either. I think God in many ways protected the Bible to the extent that we got what we needed.
God made the Bible the way he did to promote study. If if was written to simplistic It wouldn't promote thought nor study.

... One example is a congregation in East Texas where the pastor of a Church on the Rock congregation ran away with the 22 year old secretary. People are relentlessly stupid and relentlessly prove it.

You think this pastor was "relentlessly stupid" because he ran away with the 22 years old secretary? ... How do you know this?

Telling the truth is "yellow journalism" to cultural mccarthyites.

The op asked for comments from Christians, not advocates of gay love.

You are not a Christian, tyroneweaver, just a Mormon of the 19th century type.

You still believe in the principle of polygamy, don't you?

You are not a Christian, tyroneweaver, just a Mormon of the 19th century type.

You still believe in the principle of polygamy, don't you?

I beat you to it and your pissed. LOL

Harry went to SUU along with several guys now who are big wigs on the Temple Square campus in Salt Lake City.

I've recently left the faith but would any Christian please comment on this news article:Alabama pastor accused of raping 15-year-old member of congregation-
I would think an article like this would make you thankful that you worship God in a appropriate manner. When I read the article, I thought how horrid. But I was Thankful that the Holy Ghost guides me the correct way.
I left the faith after 20 plus years. No article would have swayed me to leave, or stay for that matter. I spent those years digging into the history and formation of the faith because I'm the type to pop open the hood and see what makes things run.

It wasn't easy because the Catholics wrote the history for the most part. Almost every thing else was destroyed as heresy. The bible itself underwent evolution, one church bureaucrats voted on what books would make up the bible. Apart from all that it doesn't make sense. As a Christian you learn to suspend rational thought, the problem is that the more you learn the more faith you need. For me I ran out of faith as I used my mind the way it was designed.
I wouldn't worry to much about the catholics. I don't know much about their religion either. I think God in many ways protected the Bible to the extent that we got what we needed.
God made the Bible the way he did to promote study. If if was written to simplistic It wouldn't promote thought nor study.
I don't worry about Catholics either, what I stated was factual. They were the state religion. They were the ones reproducing the bible over the course of years, mostly by monks. The books were decided on by committee, not god. God didn't pick anything or preserve anything. Men did.

It wasn't easy because the Catholics wrote the history for the most part.

What? A long time in history everyone was a Catholic in Europe. If this is the only source - what is your source? And no one is really able to say Catholics are reporting only good things about Catholics. It's more in the opposit. We are reporting normally not about our good deeds but about our mistakes and wrongdoings, because we need his forgiveness and his grace.

Almost every thing else was destroyed as heresy.

Hitler was for example called from a catholic bishop in Germany "the worst heretics the world ever had seen". Unfortunatelly no one burned the Nazis on a stake. Instead the day came when the allies bombed down everyone in Germany and burned down the most big german cities. Lots of people died in this way although they had nothing - or even less than nothing - to do with the Nazis. So what is the real difference today? By the way: I'm personally convinced the Daesh (= the peope from the terrororganisation IS) - are the worst heretics the world ever had seen. They don't believe in god - they are only misusing his name. No one who really believes in god murders innocent human beings.

The bible itself underwent evolution, one church bureaucrats voted on what books would make up the bible.

Exactly. We componed the bible. It's a book full of messages from him - what doesn't mean this are the only messages so everything is always for everyone message. And this also doesn't mean only in the bible exist his messages.

Apart from all that it doesn't make sense. As a Christian you learn to suspend rational thought,

Sorry: But nothing is more rational for thoughts than the use of the latin language and without the christian religion nothing would exist today what someone could call "rationality" or "science" or "humanity". Latin was the very best lingua franka the world ever had seen.

the problem is that the more you learn the more faith you need.

The more I learn, the more I'm asking myselve how someone is not able to believe in god. I find everywhere an astonishing logos.

For me I ran out of faith as I used my mind the way it was designed.

Hmm ... it's not over yet. If you follow love and rationality then you are not able to miss god. You will meet him.

It's impossible to talk to you, obviously English isn't your first language but the problem is that you deflect so much as a defense mechanism you can't follow the conversation.

I don't worry about Catholics either, what I stated was factual. They were the state religion. They were the ones reproducing the bible over the course of years, mostly by monks. The books were decided on by committee, not god. God didn't pick anything or preserve anything. Men did.
Your statement is true up until the Bible.
God protected scripture the same way He protected Moses, or Jesus. We have had other sources such as the Greek Septuagint and the Dead Sea Scrolls.
Try this, look up the miraculous ways the Bible got us rather than ways it was corrupted.

God protected scripture the same way He protected Moses, or Jesus. We have had other sources such as the Greek Septuagint and the Dead Sea Scrolls.
Try this, look up the miraculous ways the Bible got us rather than ways it was corrupted.
I suspended rational thought for quite some time but couldn't the more I learned. Had to be honest with myself. The bible is the collection of books, there was no up till the time of the bible. The Septuagint was not a good translation, many errors found their way into the Greek writings of those NT books. Yes, the Jews were quite religious about copying their text, the DSS do prove that. The NT didn't exactly suffer the same fate. You are welcome to twist anything into God did it for a reason but that's just the mindless rhetoric you are left with.

My favorite book of the bible is the one about aliens. Why did they toss it?

What? A long time in history everyone was a Catholic in Europe. If this is the only source - what is your source? And no one is really able to say Catholics are reporting only good things about Catholics. It's more in the opposit. We are reporting normally not about our good deeds but about our mistakes and wrongdoings, because we need his forgiveness and his grace.

Hitler was for example called from a catholic bishop in Germany "the worst heretics the world ever had seen". Unfortunatelly no one burned the Nazis on a stake. Instead the day came when the allies bombed down everyone in Germany and burned down the most big german cities. Lots of people died in this way although they had nothing - or even less than nothing - to do with the Nazis. So what is the real difference today? By the way: I'm personally convinced the Daesh (= the peope from the terrororganisation IS) - are the worst heretics the world ever had seen. They don't believe in god - they are only misusing his name. No one who really believes in god murders innocent human beings.

The bible itself underwent evolution, one church bureaucrats voted on what books would make up the bible.

Exactly. We componed the bible. It's a book full of messages from him - what doesn't mean this are the only messages so everything is always for everyone message. And this also doesn't mean only in the bible exist his messages.

Apart from all that it doesn't make sense. As a Christian you learn to suspend rational thought,

Sorry: But nothing is more rational for thoughts than the use of the latin language and without the christian religion nothing would exist today what someone could call "rationality" or "science". Latin was the very best lingua franka the world ever had seen.

The more I learn, the more I'm asking myselve how someone is not able to believe in god. If find everywhere an astonishing logos.

Hmm ...
Will you quit chopping up the fucking posts? Yes, Catholics were the only option for a long while but did not write all the history.

For example the history of the f***-word since Henry VIII?

There were Greek and Jewish sources as well.

It will not astonish you: I know this.

Some contemporary to the NT era, like Philo and Josephus.

The Germans went along with the Nazi program so boohoo.

Not so in the years between Charlesmagne and Napoleon Bonaparte for example - but as an effect of the mad situation after world war 1.

Mankind didn't have smart bombs back then and they had to be stopped.

An interesting myth. If I understood in the right way what experts said about this then the allied bombs helped Hitler and the Nazis.

Your Latin comment is beyond bizarre.

Seems you never tried to learn Latin.

And no, Christians did not invent rational thought.

God is logos - who denies logic denies god.

Without it, the more you 'learn' the more brainwashed you are. And I didn't say I don't believe in God. You are either drunk, stoned or stupid.

I guess your form of rationality is a little confused. I never used drugs in my life and since more than two decades I did not drink any alcohol. I don't know wether this is stupid, but if this is stupid, then I prefer to be stupid. I hate the inspiration of alcohol or the intellectuality of drugs.

Sorry: But nothing is more rational for thoughts than the use of the latin language and without the christian religion nothing would exist today what someone could call "rationality" or "science" or "humanity". Latin was the very best lingua franka the world ever had seen.

The more I learn, the more I'm asking myselve how someone is not able to believe in god. I find everywhere an astonishing logos.

Hmm ... it's not over yet. If you follow love and rationality then you are not able to miss god. You will meet him.

It's impossible to talk to you, obviously English isn't your first language

but the problem is that you deflect so much as a defense mechanism you can't follow the conversation.

You problem is you do not only not know what I am thinking - you do also not have any idea about how I am thinking. I'm an extra-american. I don't have a concrete idea or experience about anything what has to do with the USA or the english speaking world.

Last edited:
You problem is you do not only not know what I am thinking - you do also not have any idea about how I am thinking. I'm an extra-american. I don't have a concrete idea or experience about anything what has to do with the USA or the english speaking world.
I actually understand you less and less.

Forum List

Back