For faithful and active LDS on coping with the LGBT proclamation

JakeStarkey

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2009
Church members can experience a crisis of faith for a variety of reasons. Whether stemming from a discovery of an unflattering but true account of Church history, a negative interaction with a Church leader, or a recent change in theChurch Handbook, each person’s reason is valid and should be treated as such. Here are ways those experiencing a faith crisis can cope, as well as ways loving members can support them.

Anatomy of a Faith Crisis
For many people who undergo a faith crisis of profound proportions, their whole world comes crashing down because that world had been built on the truthfulness of the Church and the structure that the Church provided in their lives. and more at

LDSLiving - Surviving a Faith Crisis (and How Church Members Can Help)

• Banned
:lol: Patrick Mason is a well known temple going historian well respected by the General Authorities.

He is giving good advice for you folks, RGS.

People you know are hurting, and it is your duty as a LDS member and friend and associate to understand and help.

Yup I see you are once again trying to cause problems for a church you disagree with. Why did A Mormon once steal your girlfriend?

There is definitely something unhealthy and abnormal going on in JakeStarkey's head with regard to Mormonism. How many obsessive threads, almost identical to this one, has he started, now, on this topic, in just the past week or so? He comes across very much as the sort of anti-Mormon who got there by blaming the church for some adverse consequence that he brought on himself by his own bad behavior.

:lol: Patrick Mason is a well known temple going historian well respected by the General Authorities.

People you know are hurting, and it is your duty as a LDS member and friend and associate to understand and help.
Hurting? Why? Because they want to be sure the people getting baptized understand the commitment they are making? I don't think so.

• Banned
You are attacking Mason and his wonderful article, not me.

You all need to focus on being compassionate LDS and for those hurting in and out of your church.

Last edited:
Someone say something about LSD?

f5h3e1.jpg

Last edited:

Hurting? Why? Because they want to be sure the people getting baptized understand the commitment they are making? I don't think so.

Funny, thought religious commitments were between the worshipper and some god, not they and some megalomaniac.

Funny, thought religious commitments were between the worshipper and some god, not they and some megalomaniac.
How would you know aren't you an atheist?

You are much the same, RGS: you know your church, but nothing that you post indicates that you actually get what is God.

I have never attacked believers of Mormonism per se, only your misguided understanding of your duties to those who feel injured by you. There are members in you ward that are hurting, and you know it. Do your duty.

Yup I see you are once again trying to cause problems for a church you disagree with. Why did A Mormon once steal your girlfriend?
Well, that's an interesting take. So...if you disagree with something, it's because a _______ once stole your girlfriend? Is that why you dislike gays? A lesbian once (or more) stole your girlfriend?

RGS is a good guy, bodecea.

He has trouble processing that he has a duty to his LDS and non-LDS friends and acquaintance that have been knocked for a loop by the new policy.

Many of my active temple going LDS friends have been bowled over and are grasping for answers.

A few are being self righteous.

No one will answer what will happen to children who have been baptized and live with their parents. Can they go to church? Can they participate? Can they take the sacrament?

Michael Austin reflects on ostracism in Christian teaching:

"One guy who never did this was Jesus Christ. The New Testament, in fact, goes to great length to show Jesus interacting with—and not rejecting—nearly every category of human being that his society had determined to ostracize. He heals lepers, forgives adulteresses, interacts regularly with prostitutes and tax collectors, and even has some good words to say about Samaritans. For a Palestinian Jew in the Roman world, this is a pretty complete list of people not to hang around with.

Several people have told me recently that it is a serious mistake to see Christ’s abundant love as an acceptance of sinful behavior. This is absolutely true. But it is just as serious a mistake to confuse the need to disapprove of sin with the need to expel people from our society."

more at Who We Cast Away

You all need to focus on being compassionate LDS and for those hurting in and out of your church.
Nobody is attacking Mr. Mason or his article. The point is that it is quite clear, based on all the previous threads that you've started on this topic, that your motive for citing this article is very far removed from Mr. Mason's intent in writing it; and very far removed from the “compassion” that you claim to have.

The only “compassion” that is relevant here is that which the great Laurence Tureaud has for the likes of you.

Nobody is attacking Mr. Mason or his article. The point is that it is quite clear, based on all the previous threads that you've started on this topic, that your motive for citing this article is very far removed from Mr. Mason's intent in writing it; and very far removed from the “compassion” that you claim to have.

The only “compassion” that is relevant here is that which the great Laurence Tureaud has for the likes of you.
My motive is quite clear that you on this Board do not demonstrate compassion towards the poor and suffering in and around your church who are affected by it.

Not one of you have the balls to (1) answer:

what happens to the baptized child who lives in a LGBT home: can she go to church, can she take the sacrament, can she associate freely in the church meetings with her own age group without restriction;

(2) what happens to the youth who hold the priesthood? Are they able to perform those priesthood duties of which they are worthy?

You astound in your intransigent and immoral stubbornness.

My motive is quite clear…

What is clear is that whatever your motives may be, you are not being honest about them.
My motive is quite clear…

What is clear is that whatever your motives may be, you are not being honest about them.
As tyroneweaver says, "Bob Blaylock is so not Thomsas Monson." I tell the truth, and my motives are quite clear. Folks like you, those of the mcarthyist wing of Mormonism, are not taking care of those in your ranks whom you are hurting.

Once again, what about the baptized children living in LGBT homes: do they get to attend church and their activities normally; do the young priesthood holders get to do the same thing?

If you ignore my questions, then you are agreeing that you know the policies are hurting LDS youth.

Forum List

Back