Chris Christie for President?

Practically anyone can beat Obama at this point... he's sinking like a stone. His divisive message is resonating only with a handful of loons...

The middle of America is waiting to watch Romney or Perry cut off the crazies to the Hard Right. The second either one of them does that, he becomes hands on favorite to win. Christie has basically told the crazies they are crazy, and he won't change that.

Says the guy who thinks the UE rate would have magically dropped without gov't intervention. Says the guy who claims to know everything, but can't seem to grasp the fact nothing gets passed in the senate without a super-majority. Even though Dems technically had a majority, they were never able to get enough votes to break the Republican filibuster. You're not just clueless, you're fucking stupid.

Um, yeah it would have dropped without gov't intervention. We had gov't intervention and the rate went up. That ought to be a clue. Of course being clueless, you don't get it.
The Dems could pass anything they want. They could defeat a filibuster with one GOP defection. The problem was they couldn't even keep their own members in line (think, Cornhusker Kickback and Louisiana Purchase).
I wouldn't be calling anyone fucking stupid if I were you, sonny.

:lol::lol::lol: Jesus, you really are clueless. The financial crisis had not fully hit the US when Obama took office. Everyone knew that the UE rate was going to rise substantially. Obama and the Dems acknowledged that the UE rate would rise even with the stimulus. Without the stimulus, the UE rate would have been even higher. In fact, recent studies have found that the financial crisis was even worse than economists had thought. One simple question for you: do you think it was magic or was it Jesus that caused the job numbers to go from negative 750k per month to job gains?

Wow are you funny.
The financial crisis was nearing bottom when Obama got into office. No more banks or brokerage houses were failing. Bush's TARP had seen to that. Obama promised us it would hit 9% unless we passed the stimulus. It hit 9 percent with the stimulus. Thus the stimulus was worthless. Actually worse than that. It has prolonged this recession, just as FDR's stimulus attempts did the same.

I think the nature of the US economy is to expand. It contracts only at the end of business cycles, which is where we were. In the absence of any action it would have recovered much faster. This was the experience in 1920.
I don't know which economists said it was worse than they thought. Probably the same ones who promised a low UE rate if the stimulus passed. Just saying "wow it was worse than we thought" is an excuse but invites the question of how they could be so wrong.

Christie has been good on some things. He has a mixed record in other things.

And (pssst) he's fat.

He has also said that he's not running.

He loses a boatload of cred, therefore, if he now does run.

And if he runs, the smear campaign they ran against him when he was running for Governor will seem like picnic in comparison to what he's going to be subjected to. He does have some warts to worry about.

He should stick to his guns and try to help straighten out New Jersey.
Exactly.

He's not my first choice, but he has done a nice job as governor.....

I know he's fat, but he could conceivably overcome that weakness, because Obama is the worst incumbent since Carter, and it appears the base likes him more than anyone in the field now.

I like Perry, but the conservative establishment is moving away from him...I love Cain, but he's viewed as too risky....

Romney is the safe bet, and personally I'd rather have Christie.

He's too fat...and that matters...

Bush the Younger was the worst ever, period....

Who needs the fat man when you have Romney, the father of socialized medicine, and chief inspiration for ObamaCare?
America needs Governor Christie helping New Jersey find its way back. Some of us admire his work, but Perry is the man with the plan and the record for putting Americans back to work.

Um, yeah it would have dropped without gov't intervention. We had gov't intervention and the rate went up. That ought to be a clue. Of course being clueless, you don't get it.
The Dems could pass anything they want. They could defeat a filibuster with one GOP defection. The problem was they couldn't even keep their own members in line (think, Cornhusker Kickback and Louisiana Purchase).

Why do you think Democrats could have passed anything they wanted? You keep saying that, but never explain.

Because they had large majorities in both houses and control fo the White House? Just a guess.

You know that 41 beats 59 in the Senate, right? And every single Republican voted again and again as a block because they publicly said they wanted him to fail even before he was sworn in.

New York Post is reporting Christie is reconsidering running, and can make a decision as early as monday. The article states that he's was lobbied by Nancy Regan, Henry Kissinger, and George W Bush after his speech in the Regan national library. The post also reported his wife has warmed up to the idea of him running.

He simply will not be better positioned in 2016 if he waits.

Now is the moment, now is the time he must strike.

He makes the Hard Right crazies look . . . well, crazy.

He simply will not be better positioned in 2016 if he waits.

Now is the moment, now is the time he must strike.

He makes the Hard Right crazies look . . . well, crazy.

I agree that this would be his best chance. He's got the wind at his back, there's no reason to think he'll be in a better position in 2016.

Last edited:
Hey! Has anyone mentioned Christie is FAT!!??

I was forced to deal with being somewhat overweight a couple of years ago. I was up to almost 260 and now I'm much closer to my fighting weight of 210. There are several life threatening issues connected with the kind of extra poundage Christie is toting around. The job of president ...hell...even RUNNING for president requires a fit person. The old days when a good PR team could hide your physical challenges are way behind us.. These days an FDR or a JFK would never pass muster. FDR for obvious reasons and Jack Kennedy had serious childhood illness compounded by back injuries from the war that required him to be on serious pain killer and methamphetamine to try to offset the downers. This drug addled brain was not lost on the Russians when Kennedy met them face to face. It left them with the opinion that Kennedy was unreliable and untrustworthy. This may have been why Khrushchev attempted to establish nukes in Cuba..because he did not have respect for Kennedy. We cannot risk putting a physically or mentally handicapped man or woman in the white house. Of course this is all lost on the GOP. That's all they seem to be able to come up with. Crazy as bat shit does not bother them. Can't put out the fires in his own back yard???...So What!!! Painfully uninformed???...No problem.. Too fat to get up the stairs to Air Force One???... No problemo amigo.....:lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:

:lol::lol::lol: Jesus, you really are clueless. The financial crisis had not fully hit the US when Obama took office. Everyone knew that the UE rate was going to rise substantially. Obama and the Dems acknowledged that the UE rate would rise even with the stimulus. Without the stimulus, the UE rate would have been even higher. In fact, recent studies have found that the financial crisis was even worse than economists had thought. One simple question for you: do you think it was magic or was it Jesus that caused the job numbers to go from negative 750k per month to job gains?

Wow are you funny.
The financial crisis was nearing bottom when Obama got into office. No more banks or brokerage houses were failing. Bush's TARP had seen to that. Obama promised us it would hit 9% unless we passed the stimulus. It hit 9 percent with the stimulus. Thus the stimulus was worthless. Actually worse than that. It has prolonged this recession, just as FDR's stimulus attempts did the same.

I think the nature of the US economy is to expand. It contracts only at the end of business cycles, which is where we were. In the absence of any action it would have recovered much faster. This was the experience in 1920.
I don't know which economists said it was worse than they thought. Probably the same ones who promised a low UE rate if the stimulus passed. Just saying "wow it was worse than we thought" is an excuse but invites the question of how they could be so wrong.

It absolutely was not. Lehman just failed and AIG, CITI, Goldman..well just about everyone else was in the shitter. Which is why TARP was crafted.

You've got a REAL short memory.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4ja9q386ek]RINO Alert: John Boehner Voted for the TARP Bailout - YouTube[/ame]

Wow are you funny.

You are an idiot. Many US Banks are STILL failing because of the fallout and direct involvement from the mortgage debacle. ....As are many international financial houses still struggling with their investment in the US mortgage bond markets. Why do you say such stupid fucking shit?

Wow are you funny.

You are an idiot. Many US Banks are STILL failing because of the fallout and direct involvement from the mortgage debacle. ....As are many international financial houses still struggling with their investment in the US mortgage bond markets. Why do you say such stupid fucking shit?

As an idiot you know then that banks were failing before any of this happened and will continue to fail once this ends.

Forum List

Back