Choke Artists

Thanks. I forgot about Paul Brown, another genius. I remember the flack that Roger Staubach would get because he didn't call his own plays. They considered him to be less of a QB.
Landry also brought back the shot-gun formation and made it what it is today

Roger was a great QB... I rooted for Dallas once in my life...the 1967 Ice Bowl. I felt sorry for the Dallas players. It was COLD...Dandy Don was the Cowboy QB then. I always respected Bob Lilly...a class act

If you get a chance, read 'Instant Replay' by Jerry Kramer (another class act). There a great story about a battle of wills between Lombardi and Max McGee, and the toughness of Ray Nitschke...

NFL Videos: America's Game - 1967 Green Bay Packers - "The Ice Bowl"

[/IMG]

That "Ice Bowl" was one of the first games I remember watching as a kid. That NFL Championship Game was bigger than the Super Bowl in those years.

Cold was different back then. Players didn't have Under Armour, neoprene gloves and sideline heaters in the 60s

When I was younger, they didnt have footballs, they had no helmets and threw small animals instead of footballs. :lol:

How bout them Vikings?

Farve should have stayed Retired. 5 years ago.

How bout those Cowboys, the December curse is broken......:clap2:

Your boys are looking good Ollie. Have to see what happens in the Philly game.

Either way, Saints and Vikes looked unbeatable three weeks ago. Now they look like easy pickings in the playoffs.

Opens things up for Cowboys, Eagles, Cards and Pack....whoever gets a hot hand

How bout them Vikings?

Farve should have stayed Retired. 5 years ago.

How bout those Cowboys, the December curse is broken......:clap2:

Your boys are looking good Ollie. Have to see what happens in the Philly game.

Either way, Saints and Vikes looked unbeatable three weeks ago. Now they look like easy pickings in the playoffs.

Opens things up for Cowboys, Eagles, Cards and Pack....whoever gets a hot hand

Could be an interesting playoff..

Forum List

Back