Choke Artists

Landry was the cowboys for what? 29 years? But it was his time to retire. I hope they will beat someone this December, this curse needs to end.

Do you think a Tom Landry team would play as sloppy as these Cowboys?
If they did it was for one game. Then NO day off, and back to 3 a days for that week.

Late 80s they were so terrible though, because of really bad personnel, it wouldn't have mattered.

It's hard to get as sloppy as Dallas has been the last four years, leading the league in penalties.

This is true, all the talent and going nowhere with it.

Landry was the cowboys for what? 29 years? But it was his time to retire. I hope they will beat someone this December, this curse needs to end.

I don't know, Landry did have that season with Danny White and that other QB.....I forget his name, But every other game a different QB started......

But normally no way...
That was Steve Pulleur.... The personell had gotten terrible by then. Both the Manning brothers and Reggie Bush in a wildcat couldn't have helped them.

Out of the four teams with byes last year, only the Giants have a realistic chance of making the playoffs this season.

(Titans, Steelers, panthers, Giants).

I don't know, Landry did have that season with Danny White and that other QB.....I forget his name, But every other game a different QB started......

But normally no way...

I remember when Landry would alternate Staubach and Craig Morton every other PLAY. On every play he would send a quarteback in with the next play. This was a time when QBs were expected to call the play from the huddle. Landry was the first to send plays in from the sideline

Saints is already lost. Skins is a possible, Eagles is a coin flip.

But it is December.............

The way the Skins have been playing lately, I wouldn't even call that a possible. Plus the records are usually out the window when they play. I think if they can get a game, it's against Philly. I'm still not convinced they're for real. Desean Jackson can only get you so far and their defense looked like crap against Ella Manning.

But normally no way...

I remember when Landry would alternate Staubach and Craig Morton every other PLAY. On every play he would send a quarteback in with the next play. This was a time when QBs were expected to call the play from the huddle. Landry was the first to send plays in from the sideline

Paul Brown called plays from the sidelines before Landry, he used messenger guards... Landry was a defensive coordinator with the Giants under Jim Lee Howell (Vince Lombardi was offensive coordinator).

Landry invented the 4-3...

But normally no way...

Paul Brown called plays from the sidelines before Landry, he used messenger guards... Landry was a defensive coordinator with the Giants under Jim Lee Howell (Vince Lombardi was offensive coordinator).

Thanks. I forgot about Paul Brown, another genius. I remember the flack that Roger Staubach would get because he didn't call his own plays. They considered him to be less of a QB.
Landry also brought back the shot-gun formation and made it what it is today

Thanks. I forgot about Paul Brown, another genius. I remember the flack that Roger Staubach would get because he didn't call his own plays. They considered him to be less of a QB.

Flat out, Landry was Dallas football. When he left it was the end of an era.

Ollie
If you live in Ohio, how did you become a Cowboy fan?

Ollie
If you live in Ohio, how did you become a Cowboy fan?

Truth is I don't know. I've always been a Cowboy fan as long as I can remember....And I grew up almost exactly halfway in between the browns and the Steelers.

Roger was a great QB... I rooted for Dallas once in my life...the 1967 Ice Bowl. I felt sorry for the Dallas players. It was COLD...Dandy Don was the Cowboy QB then. I always respected Bob Lilly...a class act

If you get a chance, read 'Instant Replay' by Jerry Kramer (another class act). There a great story about a battle of wills between Lombardi and Max McGee, and the toughness of Ray Nitschke...

NFL Videos: America's Game - 1967 Green Bay Packers - "The Ice Bowl"

icebowl.jpg

lambeau-icebowl-file.jpg

Roger was a great QB... I rooted for Dallas once in my life...the 1967 Ice Bowl. I felt sorry for the Dallas players. It was COLD...Dandy Don was the Cowboy QB then. I always respected Bob Lilly...a class act

If you get a chance, read 'Instant Replay' by Jerry Kramer (another class act). There a great story about a battle of wills between Lombardi and Max McGee, and the toughness of Ray Nitschke...

NFL Videos: America's Game - 1967 Green Bay Packers - "The Ice Bowl"

[/IMG]

That "Ice Bowl" was one of the first games I remember watching as a kid. That NFL Championship Game was bigger than the Super Bowl in those years.

Cold was different back then. Players didn't have Under Armour, neoprene gloves and sideline heaters in the 60s

Forum List

Back