Chiefs Superbowl?

My neighborhood is going crazy with fireworks right now

Congrats to the Chiefs! They continue to look like the team to beat and the favorites to win it all. They just have too many offensive weapons and their line is excellent. The defense is pretty good. I just hope my 49ers can beat Green Bay and then give the Chiefs a run for their money.

Do you really want to see Green Bay play in some sunny stadium in Miami even though it's called Hard Rock Stadium. It has nothing to do with prison terminology haha.
I am an old school niners fan. None better than Montana/Rice.

Kudos to the Chiefs on advancing to the Super Bowl. They defeated a VERY hot team in the Titans today. And most importantly they held Henry to 69 yds. rushing. If the Packers win tonight, I'll take the Chiefs by 10 in the Super Bowl. If the 49ers win tonight, I'll take THEM by 10 in the Super Bowl. I would LIKE to see the 49ers win. And being a Bears fan since the early 1970's, the Packers are my least favorite team. Go Niners!

Congrats to the Chiefs! They continue to look like the team to beat and the favorites to win it all. They just have too many offensive weapons and their line is excellent. The defense is pretty good. I just hope my 49ers can beat Green Bay and then give the Chiefs a run for their money.

Do you really want to see Green Bay play in some sunny stadium in Miami even though it's called Hard Rock Stadium. It has nothing to do with prison terminology haha.

It's funny, I'm out here in Denver now, and the one person Mahomes most reminds me of is Elway. All those times he'd be up against the Chiefs, and down by 14 points in the 4th quarter - and then just kind of smile and you knew it was over...

KC won now if Green Bay wins the big winner will be State Farm with the 2 Super Bowl QB's in their commercials

It would also be a rematch of the very first Superbowl!
I want San fransisco. Then we can put to bed the debate. What wins Championships, a defense or an offense

Agreed, but sentimentally I still want to see the rematch. I actually have vague memories of the first go around (I was three), but most especially of my very own Chiefs mug, with Lennie Dawson's picture on it, that I got from the local IHOP. :)
I remember that game

The Vikings were big favorites and the Chiefs crushed them

Superbowl motherfuckersssssssssss!

That's literally what they should call the event.

Congrats then. Good luck and all hail Andy Reid.

It's funny. I grew up in KC, but I spent ten years in Philly, where they did nothing but bitch about Andy Reid.

You must have been listening to Angelo Whatzisname. Or that scumbag Howard Eskin. They're trolls.

Don't recognize either name. But I didn't really follow the sport then, just going by the water cooler conversation.

So one time I'm listening to the Iggles post-game show, Ron Jaworski hosting from a sports bar. At one point Jaws says, "Hey folks, Howard Eskin is calling in". Because of course he was, Howard can't stand not being the center of attention.

After the immediate boos Jaworski pauses and holds the mic up so the radio audience can hear the chant:

"ASSSSS .... HOOOLE!
"ASSSSS .... HOOOLE!
"ASSSSS .... HOOOLE!

It was SO Philadelphia.

I bet Andy Reid's got some Howard Eskin stories.

It's funny, I'm out here in Denver now, and the one person Mahomes most reminds me of is Elway. All those times he'd be up against the Chiefs, and down by 14 points in the 4th quarter - and then just kind of smile and you knew it was over...
I am from Denver. Born at Fort Carson. Spent most of my adult life between KC & Woodland Park

KC won now if Green Bay wins the big winner will be State Farm with the 2 Super Bowl QB's in their commercials

I want San fransisco. Then we can put to bed the debate. What wins Championships, a defense or an offense

Agreed, but sentimentally I still want to see the rematch. I actually have vague memories of the first go around (I was three), but most especially of my very own Chiefs mug, with Lennie Dawson's picture on it, that I got from the local IHOP. :)
I remember that game

Fran choked.

I just put $200 on draft kings for the chiefs to win the super bowl. I’m giving 1.5, which is essentially a pick em. As much as I hate the chiefs and tyrke Hill, I’ll know I’ll be watching the game, and imo this is a mismatch. If the chiefs held Henry in check, I don’t see why they’re going to have a problem with San Frans’ rushing attack. 35-10 chiefs. And no San Fran doesn’t have the best defensive in the NFL.

Mahomes eats zone coverages up for breakfast
He sure doesn't appear to have any weaknesses. That's for sure. I guess the cliche of the 4 pass rushers.

If they can apply consistent pressure, maybe. They may be able to contain him. I don't think so though.

He sure doesn't appear to have any weaknesses. That's for sure. I guess the cliche of the 4 pass rushers.

If they can apply consistent pressure, maybe. They may be able to contain him. I don't think so though.

San Fran has a good defensive line, but then again so did Houston. Mahomes put up like 7 straight TDs against them. Honestly, I don’t think it’s going to be close

AMAZING that so many are picking the Missouri Chieftains to win! Might I point out:

• The Titans were spent. Their offense was mainly centered around ONE GUY, Henry, and he was simply used up, having pounded the ball down the Patriots and the Ravens throats all day without a week off to rest. They tanked by halftime, out of gas. The Chiefs are great, but 80% of their offense is likewise centered around ONE GUY! Little Pat Mahomes! Who is one hard tackle away from getting a ride to the lockerroom. Without him, the Chiefs are sunk. Mahomes is 70% of their running game and 90% of their passing game! Pat is the fizzle in their soda.
  • The Packers are no pushover. They just couldn't get their offense off the ground because SF defense was all over them like a wet blanket. I just re-watched the game and San Fran was amazing. Meantime, on their offense, Garoppolo is a very good and capable QB, their running game is so strong that Green Bay couldn't even slow them down, they ran through the Packers like crap through a goose, and they have great receivers. SF has it just about everywhere, a well-rounded team. Unlike KC, there is no one single player on SF they absolutely DEPEND on.
San Fran isn't going to let KC catch the ball. SF isn't going to let KC run like they have. It all comes down to YAC yards, and San Fran has enormous yards after the catch. Mahomes is going to see pressure like he's never seen before, make mistakes, and get beaten down when he tries to run it himself in desperation. Keep in mind, Mahomes has been great running the ball, but he's a QB! He isn't running the ball because he wants to, he's doing it because he HAS TO, he can't find anyone open. I'm an AFC guy, but I gotta tell all you folks betting on KC, you are throwing your money away.

Screen Shot 2020-01-20 at 12.52.23 PM.jpg

Last edited:

I remember that game

Fran choked.
That was Joe Kapp

s-l300.jpg

San Fran has a good defensive line, but then again so did Houston. Mahomes put up like 7 straight TDs against them. Honestly, I don’t think it’s going to be close
You think Houston's defense is comparable to the Niners?! Man, you haven’t been paying attention

I grew up watching Montana and Rice tear it up in candlestick... what a great combo... young did a fine job following up after Montana but after Young it’s been a long and tough road being a Niners fan. This years break out is much needed... it’s actually fun to be a Niners fan again, they have a complete organization that we can be proud of.

I remember that game

Fran choked.
That was Joe Kapp

s-l300.jpg
My mistake. Joe choked.

Looks like the opening line has the Chiefs as a 1 1/2 point favorite and an over/under of 52. I would have to give the edge to the 49ers because of their running game. Mahomes is amazing but with Super bowl pressure I'd go with the strong running team. I also think the total will be higher than 52.

You think Houston's defense is comparable to the Niners?! Man, you haven’t been paying attention

okay, when I’m wrong I admit it. Houston has some good players on D, especially their line, so I thought their defense would be ranked higher. San Frank was the second ranked defense in the league. Houston was the 28th.

Forum List

Back