Cheney now admits Iraq had NOTHING to do with 911!

I've heard many different times Cheney and Bush both admit that Iraq had little if anything to do with 911. Despite this, the world is safer without Hussein, 90% of Iraqis are happier now, and we have one less tyrant to worry about.
God Bless the soldiers of the coalition!

This is from Wikepedia:
"the Sun's political orientation as "right-of-center,"[5] and an associate of Conrad Black predicted in 2002 that the paper would be "certainly neoconservative in its views."[6] Editor-in-chief Lipsky described the agenda of the paper's prominent op-ed page as "limited government, individual liberty, constitutional fundamentals, equality under the law, economic growth ... standards in literature and culture, education."[7] The Sun's roster of columnists included many prominent conservative and neoconservative pundits, including William F. Buckley, Jr., Michael Barone, Daniel Pipes, and Mark Steyn."

This is from Wikepedia:
"the Sun's political orientation as "right-of-center,"[5] and an associate of Conrad Black predicted in 2002 that the paper would be "certainly neoconservative in its views."[6] Editor-in-chief Lipsky described the agenda of the paper's prominent op-ed page as "limited government, individual liberty, constitutional fundamentals, equality under the law, economic growth ... standards in literature and culture, education."[7] The Sun's roster of columnists included many prominent conservative and neoconservative pundits, including William F. Buckley, Jr., Michael Barone, Daniel Pipes, and Mark Steyn."
so i guess this means we can throw out anything from the NY Times, Wash Post, and any of the other mega liberal publications and sources

I've heard many different times Cheney and Bush both admit that Iraq had little if anything to do with 911. Despite this, the world is safer without Hussein, 90% of Iraqis are happier now, and we have one less tyrant to worry about.

I would say so...

this is some of the terror perpetrated by Saddam and his murderous sons..

please ignore the commentator he is over the top. Oh yeah, this movie is very graphic and troubling. I couldn't make it through the first 15 minutes....

Buried in the Sand: The Deception of America - Watch the Documentary Film for Free - SnagFilms

This is from Wikepedia:

You had to really dig for that didn't you....

Now how about the Federation of American Scientists?
Federation of American Scientists - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Federation of American Scientists (FAS) is a non-profit organization formed in 1945 by scientists from the Manhattan Project who felt that scientists, engineers and other innovators had an ethical obligation to bring their knowledge and experience to bear on critical national decisions.[1] Their first projects focused on controlling nuclear weapons and research on civilian nuclear power, issues that remain prominent to FAS today.

In nuclear weapons, FAS says it played a key role in helping a bipartisan Congressional effort block funding for the Robust Nuclear Earth Penetrator (RNEP) or “bunker buster.”[3] Using public data, FAS says it has shown that the device could not achieve its mission without creating catastrophic collateral damage. FAS inserted this analysis into the debate using printed reports, a computer animation, and numerous briefings for members of Congress and Congressional staff. The work was cited in the Congressional debate.

Federation of American Scientists :: About FAS
With 70 Nobel Laureates on its Board of Sponsors, FAS provides timely, nonpartisan technical analysis on complex global issues that hinge on science and technology. Priding itself on agility and an ability to bring together people from many disciplines and organizations, the organization often addresses critical policy topics that are not well covered by other organizations.

This is from Wikepedia:
so i guess this means we can throw out anything from the NY Times, Wash Post, and any of the other mega liberal publications and sources

The NY Sun was created to provide an alternative to the NY Times.

exactly, the MEDIA pushed a lot of shit that was never once claimed by the Bush admin

I don't think so. I think the Bush administration represented a whole new era in media manipulation. I wouldn't be surprised if the Obama administration followed suit. Both include/included a number of very media-saavy people.

Look at how carefully select material was "leaked" from the White House while a shitload of other stuff was kept rigidly under lock and key. For one of the most secretive administrations since Nixon - I find that odd.

But a some of the blame lies with the media - for some time they've been an abysmal failure as the Fourth Estate maintaining a check on government excess. They fail to ask tough questions and they've failed check facts and they've allowed themselves to be manipulated by the very people they are supposed to report on instead concentrating on such important issues as the paternity of Anna Nicole's baby....:cuckoo:
and you actually expect the media to report the facts NOW?
after the way they have been fawning over Obama
:lol:
if you believe that, i have some ocean front property in AZ for sale

Did I say that? I think it's in everyone's best interest to take things with a grain of salt and do a little research. I do think however, that the mainstream medias (and that includes Fox) are more likely to be accurate then blogs and opinion-oriented media where there are no journalistic standards to (at least pretend to) adhere to and no accountability for libel or slander.

I think you represent a whole new level of insanity, dude or dudette as the case may be. Bush was never on record as saying that Saddam knew anything about 9/11. There was evidence that Sadaam and Al Qeada were holding talks of some sort though no one has ever found out what the hell they were talking about though I doubt they were exchanginf baclava recipes. Our wondrous media along with many on the left immediately leaped to the conclusion that they were sharing operation info.

The first ones on that Bandwagon was the NY Times and Bush immediately issued a correction on that point which virtually everyone ignored.

Do you have a link to that correction?

there you go again. No one knows to this day what those meetings were about you flaming idiot. It is doubtful in the extreme that in such early stages of a possible rapprochement that they would be sharing operational plans.

In other words dolt it is quite possible that Saddma and Al Queada could be talking and Saddam still not know a damn thing about Osama's plans for the WTC and the Pentagon.
It was proved that the Prague meeting didn't ever happen. It was a talking point of Cheney's.

Saddam did collaborate with AQ though that is proven. Would you like links?

All I've found is two attempted meetings between Al Queda where Saddam turned Al Queda away.

Saddam couldn't care less about AQ.

He was a secular leader who only cared about staying in power. The Godfather was his favorite movie.

How pathetic that Bush-Cheney used this bogus link to waste 4,000 American lives and $800 billion dollars.

Exactly. Most totalitarian dictators don't care to share authority with other totalitarian ideologies.

I think they missed this part of the report: "it found no "smoking gun" linking Iraq operationally to Al Qaeda."

Really?

He was a secular leader who only cared about staying in power. The Godfather was his favorite movie.

How pathetic that Bush-Cheney used this bogus link to waste 4,000 American lives and $800 billion dollars.

Exactly. Most totalitarian dictators don't care to share authority with other totalitarian ideologies.

I think they missed this part of the report: "it found no "smoking gun" linking Iraq operationally to Al Qaeda."
no, they don't like to share
but they will join together against a common enemy
otherwise how do you explain Iran's willingness to work with North Korea?
Hmmmm?
communism is not compatible with fundamentalist Shiite ideology

This is from Wikepedia:

The NY Sun was created to provide an alternative to the NY Times.
Republicans do that regularly.

Hmmmm?
Are you somehow dillusional and thinking that Iran is a communist nation, therefore they get along with N. Korea? Iran is about as Shiite as you can get. :razz:

Hmmmm?
Are you somehow dillusional and thinking that Iran is a communist nation, therefore they get along with N. Korea? Iran is about as Shiite as you can get. :razz:
the point clearly went right over your head

;)

It was proved that the Prague meeting didn't ever happen. It was a talking point of Cheney's.

Saddam did collaborate with AQ though that is proven. Would you like links?

All I've found is two attempted meetings between Al Queda where Saddam turned Al Queda away.

Sure...
Saddam Hussein and al-Qaeda link allegations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The report also stated that "captured documents reveal that the regime was willing to co-opt or support organizations it knew to be part of al Qaeda." In July 2001, the Director for International Intelligence in the IIS had ordered an investigation into a terrorist group called The Army of Muhammad. The investigation revealed the group "threatened Kuwaiti authorities and plans to attack American and Western interests" and was working with Osama bin Laden. According to the report, "A later memorandum from the same collection to the Director of the IIS reports that the Army of Muhammad is endeavoring to receive assistance [from Iraq] to implement its objectives, and that the local IIS station has been told to deal with them in accordance with priorities previously established. The IIS agent goes on to inform the Director that 'this organization is an offshoot of bin Laden, but that their objectives are similar but with different names that can be a way of camouflaging the organization.'"

:cuckoo:

Last edited:
Well.....it's lookin' like Big Oil is gettin' ready to stir-up that hornet's nest, AGAIN!!!!

"Iraq's government has received a letter from Exxon Mobil Corp (XOM.N) saying the U.S. oil major had frozen its deal with the country's semi-autonomous Kurdistan region, Iraq's oil minister Abdul Kareem Luaibi said on Friday.

The U.S. company had angered Baghdad by signing an exploration deal with the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG), which the central government considers illegal.

"We received a letter from Exxon on March 5 saying they are freezing the contract with the Kurds," Luaibi told Reuters on the sidelines of a news conference.

He said the Iraqi government had not yet reversed its intention to exclude Exxon Mobil from its next oil bidding round. When asked whether it had done so, he replied: "Until now, no."

Iraq earlier this month set a deadline of a few days for Exxon to explain its position on oil agreements signed with the Kurdish region, a government spokesman said at the time.

The Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) announced in November the signing of a deal for six exploration blocs with Exxon, the first major oil company to deal directly with the Kurds in northern Iraq.

Iraq's central government has said that deal could jeopardize Exxon's contract to develop the supergiant West Qurna-1 oil field in southern Iraq."

Last edited:
"I do not believe and have never seen any evidence to confirm that [Mr. Hussein] was involved in 9/11," Mr. Cheney told an audience gathered for lunch at the National Press Club in Washington. "We had that reporting for a while, [but] eventually it turned out not to be true."
Newsvine - Cheney admits Iraq had no link to 9/11

OP is dated June of '09 but every American, except Bush and Palin always knew this. Sure, they lied to us but all we had to do was pay attention.

Poor faux fans - well, they still believe that Sadam attracted the wtc.

Forum List

Back