Cheney now admits Iraq had NOTHING to do with 911!

"I do not believe and have never seen any evidence to confirm that [Mr. Hussein] was involved in 9/11," Mr. Cheney told an audience gathered for lunch at the National Press Club in Washington. "We had that reporting for a while, [but] eventually it turned out not to be true."
Newsvine - Cheney admits Iraq had no link to 9/11

Ya cause he only said that repeatedly before the invasion of Iraq. As did the President and the Military and the Intelligence.

Iraq was invaded for misdeeds Iraq did, not because of 9/11. That is one of the biggest lies ever told, that we invaded Iraq claiming they had anything to do with 9/11.

"I do not believe and have never seen any evidence to confirm that [Mr. Hussein] was involved in 9/11," Mr. Cheney told an audience gathered for lunch at the National Press Club in Washington. "We had that reporting for a while, [but] eventually it turned out not to be true."

Ya cause he only said that repeatedly before the invasion of Iraq. As did the President and the Military and the Intelligence.

Iraq was invaded for misdeeds Iraq did, not because of 9/11. That is one of the biggest lies ever told, that we invaded Iraq claiming they had anything to do with 9/11.

I knew not to come in here and read bullshit like what you just typed.

We know waaaayyyy tooooo much information for you to get away with this lie.

They even tried to get Powell to suggest a connection when he went to the UN and Powell refused.

Are you stupid or a liar?

Bingo

All that has to be read is the actual resolution.. all of the reasonings were given directly in there.... it has been known for a long time, and stated for a long time, that Iraq's justification was not Iraq but indeed things including (but not limited to) the violations of the cease-fire agreement

But you will still have puppets and assholes like bobo (and the other extreme partisan lefties) that will claim otherwise until their dying (and lying) breath

Bingo

All that has to be read is the actual resolution.. all of the reasonings were given directly in there.... it has been known for a long time, and stated for a long time, that Iraq's justification was not Iraq but indeed things including (but not limited to) the violations of the cease-fire agreement

But you will still have puppets and assholes like bobo (and the other extreme partisan lefties) that will claim otherwise until their dying (and lying) breath

violations of the cease-fire agreement?

Not enough to invade. Sorry, but you are a liar or a fool. Bush needed more ammo, so he made up WMD's and a link to 9-11.

YOU'RE A FOOL BOY!!!

When asked directly, Bush admitted there was no connection either, but that didn't stop Bush and Cheney from implying that there was a connection and the implication was strong enough to accomplish their goal. A huge number of people still believe there is a connection.

Well that's good to know. Now can you show us a link where Cheney said there WAS a connection between Iraq and 9/11?

Well that's good to know. Now can you show us a link where Cheney said there WAS a connection between Iraq and 9/11?

Do we need to? You don't remember? :cuckoo: or :eusa_liar:???

Recalling that he had told Russert two years ago that he knew of no Iraqi link to the attack, Cheney said Sunday, "Subsequent to that, we've learned a couple of things."

The Vice President contended that more recent evidence indicates "that there was a relationship between Iraq and al-Qaeda that stretched back through most of the decade of the '90s, that it involved training, for example."

Though he did not specifically mention the South Baghdad terrorist training camp Salman Pak, where radical Islamists rehearsed 9/11-style hijackings on a Soviet-era Tupelov 154 airliner, Cheney noted that "al-Qaeda sent personnel to Baghdad to get trained on the systems that are involved."

Cheney also cited reports of a meeting between lead 9/11 hijacker Mohamed Atta and an Iraqi in intelligence agent in Prague just months before the attacks, saying that U.S. intelligence has not yet been able confirm or discredit the information.

In perhaps his most startling remarks, the vice president became the first White House official to argue that there was a link between Saddam Hussein and al Qaeda's attempt to destroy the World Trade Center in 1993, telling Russert:

"We know, for example, in connection with the original World Trade Center bombing in '93 that one of the bombers was Iraqi, returned to Iraq after the attack of '93. And we've learned subsequent to that, since we went into Baghdad and got into the intelligence files, that this individual probably also received financing from the Iraqi government as well as safe haven."

The vice president might have also mentioned that Ramzi Yousef, who masterminded the 1993 attack and whose laptop computer contained plans to crash U.S. airliners into the World Trade Center and Pentagon, entered the U.S. with an Iraqi passport.

After his capture in 1995, the FBI flew Yousef over the World Trade Center and reminded him that his plan to destroy the Twin Towers had not succeeded. His reported response - "Not yet."

Last Wednesday Russert insisted to radio host Don Imus, "No one will say there was a direct involvement of Saddam Hussein in Sept. 11. ... There's no direct link that can be substantiated." The full exchange between Russert and Vice President Cheney on the evidence tying Iraq to 9/11 went like this:

RUSSERT: The Washington Post asked the American people about Saddam Hussein, and this is what they said: 69 percent said he was involved in the September 11 attacks. Are you surprised by that?

CHENEY: No. I think it's not surprising that people make that connection.

RUSSERT: But is there a connection?

CHENEY: We don't know. You and I talked about this two years ago. I can remember you asking me this question just a few days after the original attack. At the time I said no, we didn't have any evidence of that. Subsequent to that, we've learned a couple of things. We learned more and more that there was a relationship between Iraq and al-Qaeda that stretched back through most of the decade of the '90s, that it involved training, for example, on BW and CW, that al-Qaeda sent personnel to Baghdad to get trained on the systems that are involved. The Iraqis providing bomb-making expertise and advice to the al-Qaeda organization.

We know, for example, in connection with the original World Trade Center bombing in '93 that one of the bombers was Iraqi, returned to Iraq after the attack of '93. And we've learned subsequent to that, since we went into Baghdad and got into the intelligence files, that this individual probably also received financing from the Iraqi government as well as safe haven.

Now, is there a connection between the Iraqi government and the original World Trade Center bombing in '93? We know, as I say, that one of the perpetrators of that act did, in fact, receive support from the Iraqi government after the fact. With respect to 9/11, of course, we've had the story that's been public out there. The Czechs alleged that Mohamed Atta, the lead attacker, met in Prague with a senior Iraqi intelligence official five months before the attack, but we've never been able to develop anymore of that yet either in terms of confirming it or discrediting it. We just don't know. [End of Excerpt]

Cheney Lectures Russert on Iraq-9/11 Link

Did you also forget that you yourself argued that Saddam was connected to 9-11?

I can't wait for you guys to forget/deny that you approved torture.

Ummm ... idiot ... Bush said Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 on 9/13. Trying to re-live the 8 years of the past administration day by day does NOTHING to keep people with functioning minds from watching what the CURRENT administration is doing.

You are the same morons that whined like little babies the second Clinton's name was mentioned beginning the day Bush was declared winner of the election.

Try addressing the current fascist administration. Deflective smokescreen denied.

Do we need to? You don't remember? :cuckoo: or :eusa_liar:???

Recalling that he had told Russert two years ago that he knew of no Iraqi link to the attack, Cheney said Sunday, "Subsequent to that, we've learned a couple of things."

The Vice President contended that more recent evidence indicates "that there was a relationship between Iraq and al-Qaeda that stretched back through most of the decade of the '90s, that it involved training, for example."

Though he did not specifically mention the South Baghdad terrorist training camp Salman Pak, where radical Islamists rehearsed 9/11-style hijackings on a Soviet-era Tupelov 154 airliner, Cheney noted that "al-Qaeda sent personnel to Baghdad to get trained on the systems that are involved."

Cheney also cited reports of a meeting between lead 9/11 hijacker Mohamed Atta and an Iraqi in intelligence agent in Prague just months before the attacks, saying that U.S. intelligence has not yet been able confirm or discredit the information.

In perhaps his most startling remarks, the vice president became the first White House official to argue that there was a link between Saddam Hussein and al Qaeda's attempt to destroy the World Trade Center in 1993, telling Russert:

"We know, for example, in connection with the original World Trade Center bombing in '93 that one of the bombers was Iraqi, returned to Iraq after the attack of '93. And we've learned subsequent to that, since we went into Baghdad and got into the intelligence files, that this individual probably also received financing from the Iraqi government as well as safe haven."

The vice president might have also mentioned that Ramzi Yousef, who masterminded the 1993 attack and whose laptop computer contained plans to crash U.S. airliners into the World Trade Center and Pentagon, entered the U.S. with an Iraqi passport.

After his capture in 1995, the FBI flew Yousef over the World Trade Center and reminded him that his plan to destroy the Twin Towers had not succeeded. His reported response - "Not yet."

Last Wednesday Russert insisted to radio host Don Imus, "No one will say there was a direct involvement of Saddam Hussein in Sept. 11. ... There's no direct link that can be substantiated." The full exchange between Russert and Vice President Cheney on the evidence tying Iraq to 9/11 went like this:

RUSSERT: The Washington Post asked the American people about Saddam Hussein, and this is what they said: 69 percent said he was involved in the September 11 attacks. Are you surprised by that?

CHENEY: No. I think it's not surprising that people make that connection.

RUSSERT: But is there a connection?

CHENEY: We don't know. You and I talked about this two years ago. I can remember you asking me this question just a few days after the original attack. At the time I said no, we didn't have any evidence of that. Subsequent to that, we've learned a couple of things. We learned more and more that there was a relationship between Iraq and al-Qaeda that stretched back through most of the decade of the '90s, that it involved training, for example, on BW and CW, that al-Qaeda sent personnel to Baghdad to get trained on the systems that are involved. The Iraqis providing bomb-making expertise and advice to the al-Qaeda organization.

We know, for example, in connection with the original World Trade Center bombing in '93 that one of the bombers was Iraqi, returned to Iraq after the attack of '93. And we've learned subsequent to that, since we went into Baghdad and got into the intelligence files, that this individual probably also received financing from the Iraqi government as well as safe haven.

Now, is there a connection between the Iraqi government and the original World Trade Center bombing in '93? We know, as I say, that one of the perpetrators of that act did, in fact, receive support from the Iraqi government after the fact. With respect to 9/11, of course, we've had the story that's been public out there. The Czechs alleged that Mohamed Atta, the lead attacker, met in Prague with a senior Iraqi intelligence official five months before the attack, but we've never been able to develop anymore of that yet either in terms of confirming it or discrediting it. We just don't know. [End of Excerpt]

Cheney Lectures Russert on Iraq-9/11 Link

Did you also forget that you yourself argued that Saddam was connected to 9-11?

I can't wait for you guys to forget/deny that you approved torture.

LOLOL God Bless the simple. You basically draw erroneous conclusions of the conversation and then attempt to put words in Cheney's mouth?
I hardly see where Dick Cheney is to be blamed for your inability to follow a complex conversation involving multiple subjects.

This really isnt news. No one ever claimed that Hussien was involved in 9/11. Are you really so unable to argue that you have to set up straw men?

Ha.Ha.--Dick Cheney never stated that Sadam Husien had anything to do with 9/11! So what's the point of this thread?

If you remember correctly, the concern was that he was a rogue dictator that hated the United States, had broken 17 UN resolutions regarding WMD & according to 6 different countries & intelligence sources had WMD & was trying to acquire more.

THE IRONY HERE: If Bill Clinton would have insisted that WMD inspectors stayed in Iraq in 1996-97 when Sadam Husien threw them out--we would have never had a reason to suspect Sadam Husien of having any WMD'S.

Last edited:
Boston.com / News / Nation / Cheney link of Iraq, 9/11 challenged

Cheney strongly insinuated the connection along with the assertion that Saddam had tried to secure aluminum tubes for weapons purposes. It was his way of lying without really lying. Put the lie out there until fear takes over.

Uncle Fester needs to go away and shut up. He has proven anything he says is questionable, at best.

Did you ever actually read the article your posting? No where in it did Cheney ever claim that Saddam was involved in 9/11.

Its undisputeable that Saddam had links with Al Qaeda and other terrorist organizations. He funded terrorists. After 9/11 we declared war on terrorists and any nation that supports terrorism. That's about as close as a connection between Iraq and 9/11 as anyone has ever claimed.

Again, this straw man you guys on the left had set up was faulty when you started it before the war, its still just as faulty. Youd think after 7 years you guys could come up with something that's atleast alittle honest.

Boston.com / News / Nation / Cheney link of Iraq, 9/11 challenged

Cheney strongly insinuated the connection along with the assertion that Saddam had tried to secure aluminum tubes for weapons purposes. It was his way of lying without really lying. Put the lie out there until fear takes over.

Iraqi aluminum tubes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In 2000, Iraq ordered, via a company in Jordan, 60,000 high-strength aluminum tubes manufactured from 7075-T4 aluminum with an outer diameter of 81 mm, and an inner diameter of 74.4 mm, a wall thickness of 3.3 mm and a length of 900 mm, to be manufactured in China. These tubes were classified as controlled items by the United Nations and Iraq was not permitted to import them.[2]

The order was placed with an Australian company, International Aluminum Supply (IAS), which was associated with Kam Kiu Propriety Limited, a subsidiary of the Chinese company that would do the manufacturing. Concerned that the tubes might be related to Iraqi efforts to reconstitute its nuclear weapons program, Garry Cordukes, the director of the company, contacted the Australian Secret Intelligence Service (ASIS). In turn, ASIS notified U.S. intelligence services.

ASIS also asked Cordukes to obtain a sample of the tubes for examination. He obtained one and handed it over to the ASIS.

On May 23, 2001, a container load of about 3,000 aluminum tubes left the factory in southern China. It traveled on a barge to Hong Kong. The Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) was watching its progress, as was the ASIS. In July 2001, the tubes were seized in Jordan by the Jordianian secret police and the CIA, according to a CIA presentation later that year.[3]

Iraq also attempted to acquire aluminum tubes of the same type in late 2002 and early 2003, with negotiations still going on with a Syrian company when the 2003 Invasion of Iraq began.

After the invasion, the Iraq Survey Group determined that the best explanation for the tubes' use was to produce conventional 81-mm rockets; no evidence was found of a program to design or develop an 81-mm aluminum rotor uranium centrifuge

Uncle Fester needs to go away and shut up. He has proven anything he says is questionable, at best.

If you need help understanding what the facts mean...ask...

Last edited:
"Cheney now admits Iraq had NOTHING to do with 911! "

That's funny I admitted Iraq had NOTHING to do with 9/11 7 years ago, where's my kudos? I suppose it's just Dick being a DICK again and stealing my spotlight... the DICK! :eusa_angel:

Where do you Dems keep getting the absurd notion that Bush started a war with Iraq? We had been both de facto and de jure at war with Saddam's Iraq since Bush's daddy kicked the war mongering asshat out of Kuwait. Find me a PEACE TREATY signed after the Iraqi army fled Kuwait in 91. All we've got is a cease fire that had been willfully violated repeatedly by both sides well before Bush took office and was essentially a dead letter.

We had been both de facto and de jure at war with Saddam's Iraq since Bush's daddy kicked the war mongering asshat out of Kuwait.

And Bush's daddy's name was what ? the answer to THAT question might explain all the confusion........after all once you've seen one Bush all Bush's start to look alike. :)

Forum List

Back