Charity has changed

alan1

Gold Member
Dec 13, 2008
Shoveling the ashes
Charity has changed​

Is it the government’s role to control charity?
Please read this, Not Yours To Give - Colonel Davy Crockett first, and then continue with the rest of my post.

What makes some government bureaucracy a better determinant of my charity than myself, or yourself? Shouldn’t we each have the decision about what our preferred charities are? Shouldn’t we each be able to decide for ourselves and give as we deem appropriate?

What is more important, breast cancer research, colon cancer research, prostate cancer research or Parkinson’s disease research? I have my opinion about that and you have yours. And both of us could pick a few other things also.
I don’t want the government deciding those things. It’s not their job. It’s my decision and your decision.

I think the problem is that many Americans have gotten intellectually lazy, weak-minded and apathetic.
It’s just so easy to send in your tax money and let some politician or bureaucrat decide which charity needs it most (or lobby’s best for it).
Americans are charitable people. Most of us have the luxury of being able to give when we want to. See things such as the Haitian disaster, Darfur, hurricane Katrina or the Indian Ocean tsunami for proof. We don’t need the government to decide for us or determine for us what is worth giving to. We can do that on our own.

Why do many Americans just let the government decide charitable giving? They decide to give X amount for breast cancer research, but Y amount for prostate cancer research? Do people think that the government has some sort of Star Wars ‘The Force’ type of magical ability to ‘know’ what is best?
I don’t.

It’s not theirs to give.

It was formed to make our country fair and and well functioning.

You just hate government

I don't give to any charities ever.

This is why : Nonprofit CEO Salaries: Jobs that Pay Well Over 300k a Year - Associated Content from Yahoo! - associatedcontent.com

This seems to be counter to the very term on "non-profit". You start a company to make money, and then the company earns a profit and the ceo draws a paycheck. The ceo can draw a larger paycheck if the company doesn't have to make a profit.

Can't for the life of me understand how the CEO of a non profit can earn 100K or more per year. I don't donate to their paychecks.

I don't give to any charities ever.

This is why : Nonprofit CEO Salaries: Jobs that Pay Well Over 300k a Year - Associated Content from Yahoo! - associatedcontent.com

This seems to be counter to the very term on "non-profit". You start a company to make money, and then the company earns a profit and the ceo draws a paycheck. The ceo can draw a larger paycheck if the company doesn't have to make a profit.

Can't for the life of me understand how the CEO of a non profit can earn 100K or more per year. I don't donate to their paychecks.

It should be your choice to do so.
Your tax dollars are being given for charity that you disagree with.

And as a limited government with limited powers and limited authority.

You just hate government
It is not your position to determine my emotions. I hate nothing and nobody.

And an amendment system so the future Americans could make their government work for them.

Why do you hate the government our founders left us?
Why do you hate America?

I dont, I love this country.

You just dont like that the founders left us in control of our own government

And an amendment system so the future Americans could make their government work for them.

Why do you hate America?

And who decided the government could pick one charity over another or one religious institution over another?

The same thing when I was involuntarily a member of a union. My dues went to Democratic candidates who had no business in office.

You just hate government

Again,

Forum List

Back