Change The Gun Laws And gut The Nra

yep , those immigrants in USA military service would just be the ' kings men ' working for money and rewards like mercenaries imo !!

brings up an off topic thought but I want the USA military to be comprised of Americans son , daughters , uncles , aunts , fathers and mothers . I bring up this off topic thought because some people and politicians want to allow immigrants to join USA military as a way to become USA citizens . These immigrants in large numbers working for money and the reward of USA citizenship could not be trusted as they would have no real ties to America and Americans , IMO !! Like I say , off topic but just a thought that I've mentioned before

That law has been in place since Korea. I have a friend in the pub who has his citizenship from such law...

There is no proof of a foreign army would take over the US under US government... This is no bordering the ridiculous..

The people at your door to enforce the Government are going to be law enforcement... You know the ones you have given millitary weaponry to.

I never said Americans should shoot at the Military, you did. I pointed out how in certain cases that the Military did not cooperate with Authoritarian Dictators.

But I see where you stand: "Don't bother fighting back because the US Government has awesome weapons of oppression". Or, "You're a Racist if you don't submit to Obama and everything he wants and does."

Just sit back and take it like a good little slave.

America's biggest problem are people like you.

Oh good grief.

I didn't say any of that.

You asked "What makes you think the US Military would shoot at US Citizens?"

I answered they have and they would.

I did not say what you QUOTED me as saying: "Don't bother fighting back because the US Government has awesome weapons of oppression".

Nor did I say anything about race. :rolleyes-41:

I said its stupid and suicidal to think popguns would be effective against the biggest military in history.

As a purely practical and factual statement, that's what I believe.

The idea is to take the neccessary steps to prevent the need for violence and bloodshed in America.

Thanks MOJO !! American military is supposed to be comprised of soldiers that have ties to the American people rather than soldiers working for money and rewards !!

well maybe the law should be changed and certainly not expanded , anyway , you read my thought same as others have read my thought . I'm just trying to influence as best I can other people to my point of view . Obviously , you can't be influenced by my point of view Cowboy so lets argue if you like !!

what PUBS do you hang out in Cowboy , you an Englishman or aussie or similar fureigner ?? [friendly question] !! ------ 109 messages and a newcomer to the board ehh Cowboy !!

Stop all this talk about supporting the 2nd Amendment. The other day I heard a governor say how important the 2nd Amendment is. Well, let me tell you something. If we were to be taken over by our own tyrannical government no law allowing the sale of semi-automatic weapons would stop them. See our government has weapons of mass destruction. They've got more than weapons, they've got control over airwaves, or any and all types of mass communication. That argument about the second Amendment is more than kind of dumb.
And nobody is talking about taking away someone's right to own a handgun or a rifle for hunting anyway.
Why the NRA they have so much control over politicians - or why big banks and Wall Street does really illustrates why this country is in a stalemate over many fixable issues.
Gun trade is an explicit condition mandated by our government in such a way that is completely under-reported on. Whose the biggest seller of WMD - we are. We sell more than semiautomatic weapons too. We sell jets designed only for warfare, guided missiles, tanks, you name it and we do it all over the world.
When we talk about US pentagon military acquisitions we're really not just talking about military defense. We're also talking about the eventual sale of all of these WMD's on the open market.
And we are chiefly responsible.

You know this true. And the fact is none of it makes people anywhere any safer.

The real issues of tyranny and injustice can maybe start to be addressed when we do this

The silliest reason for owning guns is to take over the government.

Popguns against the biggest and best equipped military in history.

:confused:
Brings back memories... King George had a similar train of thought.

More restrictions on guns only effect law-abidding citizens. No criminal who wants a gun to commit their crimes stops and says "Well I wouldn't want the extra charge for an unlawfully large capacity magazine, better get the legal one." If trying to reduce crime at all, making gun ownership more difficult is only going to inconvenience the people you're not actually worrying about.

Wanna reduce violence, reduce the causal factors which feed criminality.

Under that premise Criminals commit murder... So we better make that legal too...

It's already against the law to kill someone with a gun. Merely having a gun doesn't kill anyone.

Stop all this talk about supporting the 2nd Amendment. The other day I heard a governor say how important the 2nd Amendment is. Well, let me tell you something. If we were to be taken over by our own tyrannical government no law allowing the sale of semi-automatic weapons would stop them. See our government has weapons of mass destruction. They've got more than weapons, they've got control over airwaves, or any and all types of mass communication. That argument about the second Amendment is more than kind of dumb.
And nobody is talking about taking away someone's right to own a handgun or a rifle for hunting anyway.
Why the NRA they have so much control over politicians - or why big banks and Wall Street does really illustrates why this country is in a stalemate over many fixable issues.
Gun trade is an explicit condition mandated by our government in such a way that is completely under-reported on. Whose the biggest seller of WMD - we are. We sell more than semiautomatic weapons too. We sell jets designed only for warfare, guided missiles, tanks, you name it and we do it all over the world.
When we talk about US pentagon military acquisitions we're really not just talking about military defense. We're also talking about the eventual sale of all of these WMD's on the open market.

The real issues of tyranny and injustice can maybe start to be addressed when we do this

And yet the Taliban and Iraqi AQ did just fine against our military.

That assumes those in power can convince the military to use those weapons against American citizens.

don't have to CONVINCE , just have to issue ORDERS if i'm not mistaken 'hadit' !!

That assumes those in power can convince the military to use those weapons against American citizens.

I'm not the authority you say you are but ---

Oath of Enlistment

I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." (Title 10, US Code; Act of 5 May 1960 replacing the wording first adopted in 1789, with amendment effective 5 October 1962).

Oath of Enlistment

I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." (Title 10, US Code; Act of 5 May 1960 replacing the wording first adopted in 1789, with amendment effective 5 October 1962).
Unless the reason for the order to fire on American citizens is understood and fully supported by all the military any attempt to use the military will result in a shattered military.

hope you are correct SGT but with a buncha foreigners working for money and a reward in the USA military , how would take words written on a piece of paper seriously ?? Many times I've had liberals say that the Constitution and Bill of Rights are just pieces of paper with old ideas and words by old white men .

You're right about the Second Amendment not authorizing citizens to unilaterally 'take up arms' against a Federal government they subjectively perceive to be 'tyrannical.'

But you're wrong about Americans currently being subjected to 'tyranny.'

Oath of Enlistment

Unless the reason for the order to fire on American citizens is understood and fully supported by all the military any attempt to use the military will result in a shattered military.

True. The American military are not a bunch of automatons.

don't have to CONVINCE , just have to issue ORDERS if i'm not mistaken 'hadit' !!

Sure, and if enough refuse to obey those orders, the military disintegrates. How many pilots are going to be willing to drop bombs or allow others to drop bombs on their home towns where their families live, just for one example?

Oath of Enlistment

If an order is unlawful, they not only don't have to obey it, they NEED to disobey it. "I was just following orders" can land them in a world of trouble. Remember the Nuremburg trials?

Forum List

Back