Change The Gun Laws And gut The Nra

yep , I just read yer OPINION Pratchet and you can explain anything you like but it is you that is wrong . Large numbers of immigrants working fer money and the reward of USA citizenship have no place in USA military or even the USA .

Well, given that this program has been running successfully for over a decade, after being implemented under a Republican president and a Republican controlled congress and being fully supported by every president and congress since, as well as the military, I think I will go with the opinions of the people who are actually informed on the subject - as opposed to someone whose opinion is based upon "because I don't like it". You do what makes you happy.

while we're at it, let's change the EPA and gut the hell out of it. gut unions, the NAACP, Planed parenthood, NPR, IRS, NEA, DEA, CIA, SS, parks and recreation, etc etc etc

just UNAMERICAN Pratchet , like I say , I've already received some positive feedback on my thinking and that's all I'm looking for !!

Instead of trying to combat violence via gun laws which never work, how about just punishing criminals better. So long as we're releasing violent offenders, violence will continue to be a problem. Until there's a genuine fear of arrest because you'll have your fingers and toes bent back until they break, being arrested is getting factored in as a cost of doing illegal business.Bring back the rubber hoses and phonebooks of police work dang nab it. :)

just UNAMERICAN Pratchet , like I say , I've already received some positive feedback on my thinking and that's all I'm looking for !!

I'm sure you have received positive feedback. So have I. That means nothing other than someone agrees with you. As to it being UNAMERICAN..... immigration and creating a pathway to citizenship is perhaps the one thing which can truly be said to be uniquely American.

I never said Americans should shoot at the Military, you did. I pointed out how in certain cases that the Military did not cooperate with Authoritarian Dictators.

But I see where you stand: "Don't bother fighting back because the US Government has awesome weapons of oppression". Or, "You're a Racist if you don't submit to Obama and everything he wants and does."

Just sit back and take it like a good little slave.

America's biggest problem are people like you.

Oh good grief.

I didn't say any of that.

You asked "What makes you think the US Military would shoot at US Citizens?"

I answered they have and they would.

I did not say what you QUOTED me as saying: "Don't bother fighting back because the US Government has awesome weapons of oppression".

Nor did I say anything about race. :rolleyes-41:

I said its stupid and suicidal to think popguns would be effective against the biggest military in history.

As a purely practical and factual statement, that's what I believe.

If you are thinking a pitched battle where both sides line up and go to war, yes the gov't would destroy the armed civilians.

But do you think the gov't would take that approach? Do you think they would roll tanks down Main Street? Look at the backlash when the police rolled out obsolete military equipment in an effort to quell the riots in Missouri.

A but there are plenty of examples of an armed population causing major problems for a well equipped military. Look at what the Vietnamese were able to do with such minimal gear.

It would not be pretty and I am not saying the civilians would win the battles, but to suggest that they would absolutely lose the war is to ignore the reality of the situation.

Last edited:
we disagree but this thread , well my off topic thought in this thread is that immigrants in large numbers in USA military is UNAMERICAN Pratchet . American military is supposed to be comprised of Americans [sons , daughters , mothers , fathers , etc , etc ] with ties to the American people rather than a military comprised of mercenaries working fer USA government as they work for money and a reward of USA citizenship .

immigration of all types should be completely stopped [imo] but I'm only talking about mercenaries working for money and a reward of USA citizenship in this thread Pratchet !

and so , positive feedback is all that I can hope for as I post my thoughts in an attempt to politely influence people Pratchet .

we disagree but this thread , well my off topic thought in this thread is that immigrants in large numbers in USA military is UNAMERICAN Pratchet . American military is supposed to be comprised of Americans [sons , daughters , mothers , fathers , etc , etc ] with ties to the American people rather than a military comprised of mercenaries working fer USA government as they work for money and a reward of USA citizenship .

I have to disagree with you here.

The immigrants who come here looking to become citizens are exactly what we need. Their military service is not mercenary, but an investment in their future and the future of their families. Having lived in 3rd world countries and under tyrannical leaders, they know the value of our freedoms. They want to be and have what so many of our own people take for granted.

Talk to an average young person born here, then talk to a naturalized citizen. Ask them about our history, laws, civic responsibilities, and how our system works. The naturalized citizens will almost always be far more educated on our nation than the locals.

And yes, there are natural born Americans who join the military out of a sense of patriotic duty. But I think they are the minority. That does not change the fact that they served, and deserve our thanks. But most join for training, a job, or money for college. I do not consider them mercenaries.

well , I see them as mercenary Winterborn but i'll note your disagreement !!

well , I see them as mercenary Winterborn but i'll note your disagreement !!

And the Americans who join & serve in order to get money for college or because the job market sucks? Are they mercenaries?

What about the civilian contractors like Blackwater?

private business as regards Blackwater and I think they can only serve overseas . As far as an all volunteer USA military , I don't like it , should be draft and enlisted in my opinion Winterborn .

But the worse is immigrants [in large numbers] working for pay and rewards in the USA military Winterborn , imo !!

Forum List

Back