Census Creating Majority of Jobs

Except that it is real people who are getting a paycheck.

Agreed, but it is still temporary and a numbers generator. Looks good doesnt it when the government can say the jobless rate went down and were on the way to recovery. What happens when the census is over?

By then, Obama's economic recovery will have created a permanent job for them

Job's as what permanent census workers?

I heard the news and thought wow this is great! Then I heard more than half the jobs created were from the census and the majority of the other half was from government jobs.

We have a record deficit and government job creating is NOT the way to reduce that. Government job creating is NOT good news.

Just saying, but not saying. But what do you call an administration that can only create jobs in the government? Usually begins with Comrade>>>>>>>>:eek:!

The government is creating most of the new jobs in America. The private sector is still hurting in job creation. Looks like the unemployment numbers are getting a bump from the part time census jobs. What happens next?

The economy added 431,000 jobs last month, pushing the unemployment rate down a little, but the government was responsible for most of the new hires as it brought on temporary workers for the massive U.S. Census effort.

The jobless rate fell to 9.7 percent from 9.9 percent in April, the Labor Department said.

Payrolls rose for the fifth consecutive month, with May's numbers marking the largest increase in non-farm employment in a single month in a decade, the New York Times said. But only 41,000 of the new jobs were in the private sector and most of the federal government hires were for Census work that will evaporate after the summer months.
Job Growth Surged in May, but Most Was Due to Temporary Census Hires

So now I understand why the conservatives hate the constitutionally-mandated census

It creates jobs

If we learned one thing during the bush years, it's that conservatives hate to create jobs. They're rather destroy jobs

Let me spell it out for you! We don't hate the census, but don't call it job growth, when its temporary and revenue draining, deficit adding government jobs!

So now I understand why the conservatives hate the constitutionally-mandated census

It creates jobs

If we learned one thing during the bush years, it's that conservatives hate to create jobs. They're rather destroy jobs

You don't have to be conservative to understand that the census has gone way past its original intent. This is not an enumeration; it's an invasion of privacy. I haven't participated in a census since 1980.

Why? I filled out the census. Said we were white and the number of people (kids) in the household. However, I skipped the part on specifics. Its statistical information that is it, so why the hell do they need my children, wife and my name? :confused: I left that information off!

May showed a HUGE bump in job increases...

431,000 jobs were created. Impressive! Way to go BO!!!

Imagine my surprise when even BO admitted that 411,000 of those jobs were temporary census jobs....

411,000???? HOLY COW!!! We need that many MORE census workers???

Temporary job is better than no job.

Edit: Let me clarify something, I'm talking about for the people who are getting these jobs. Obviously the census needs to get done. The more people involved, the faster it goes and the less money that needs to be paid out over time.

Temporary job is better than no job.

NOT a private sector "permanent JOB" means BAD NEWS.---:cuckoo:

It means more money SPENT by the government which YOU have to pay for--for these temporary jobs.

Someday--when you're in a 60% tax bracket and make 40K a year--you'll figure it out--dumb ass.

Ah, now why you all start these threads that gonna make the poor liberal flat heads in here go all Scanners on us?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY-03vYYAjA]YouTube - Scanners (1981) Head Explosion Shot[/ame]

Imagine my surprise when even BO admitted that 411,000 of those jobs were temporary census jobs....

Better than losing 700 thousand a month.

Ah bush, the good ol days.

I believe there are on-line courses for economics 101?--:cuckoo:

You defintely need to take one.

Poor Zona - obsessed with Bush.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY-03vYYAjA]YouTube - Scanners (1981) Head Explosion Shot[/ame]

It means more money SPENT by the government which YOU have to pay for--for these temporary jobs.

Someday--when you're in a 60% tax bracket and make 40K a year--you'll figure it out--dumb ass.

The Census needs to get done. Whether you like it or not. 60% tax bracket? Highest it goes now is 39%, without any exemptions. :eusa_eh:

As for the rest of the reports, disappointing but not horrific.

LOLOLOL...I knew it...when you have no decent argument, throw a Bush comment out there. Maybe the truth will stop hurting so much if you bash Bush just one more time.

I've learned that you have the IQ of a piss ant, Sangha. How did you get that out of what I or the article stated?
I'm stating that the unemployment rates, and jobs created are just part time government jobs. I'm stating that only 41,000 jobs came from the private sector......this IS the disturbing part of out economic recovery.
Next time try and comprehend what you read, and take off your partisan blinders in doing so. sheesh

the key word here being PISS ANT.....

The Census needs to get done. Whether you like it or not. 60% tax bracket? Highest it goes now is 39%, without any exemptions. :eusa_eh:

As for the rest of the reports, disappointing but not horrific.

But how many census workers so we need? Really? How many did we hire in April? And March? And why are we STILL hiring?

My guess is numbers...numbers...numbers.

I believe there are on-line courses for economics 101?--:cuckoo:

You defintely need to take one.

You really dont know we were losing 700k jobs a month...seriously, you dont know this?

Except that it is real people who are getting a paycheck.

Agreed, but it is still temporary and a numbers generator. Looks good doesnt it when the government can say the jobless rate went down and were on the way to recovery. What happens when the census is over?

:rofl:

you can't possibly be this stupid, can you?

The government is creating most of the new jobs in America. The private sector is still hurting in job creation. Looks like the unemployment numbers are getting a bump from the part time census jobs. What happens next?

The economy added 431,000 jobs last month, pushing the unemployment rate down a little, but the government was responsible for most of the new hires as it brought on temporary workers for the massive U.S. Census effort.

The jobless rate fell to 9.7 percent from 9.9 percent in April, the Labor Department said.

Payrolls rose for the fifth consecutive month, with May's numbers marking the largest increase in non-farm employment in a single month in a decade, the New York Times said. But only 41,000 of the new jobs were in the private sector and most of the federal government hires were for Census work that will evaporate after the summer months.
Job Growth Surged in May, but Most Was Due to Temporary Census Hires

It creates jobs

oh shut up....

it's not creating jobs that are GOOD for America. short term, temporary government jobs do NOTHING to create positive growth.

I'm HOPING that deep in your heart and mind, you know this but are just too damned filled with hate for anyone that doesn't buy your bullshit to admit it.

:rofl:

you can't possibly be this stupid, can you?

yes...I do believe they can be that stupid.

Forum List

Back