Census Creating Majority of Jobs

Meister

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jan 15, 2009
Conservative part of the Northwest
The government is creating most of the new jobs in America. The private sector is still hurting in job creation. Looks like the unemployment numbers are getting a bump from the part time census jobs. What happens next?

The economy added 431,000 jobs last month, pushing the unemployment rate down a little, but the government was responsible for most of the new hires as it brought on temporary workers for the massive U.S. Census effort.

The jobless rate fell to 9.7 percent from 9.9 percent in April, the Labor Department said.

Payrolls rose for the fifth consecutive month, with May's numbers marking the largest increase in non-farm employment in a single month in a decade, the New York Times said. But only 41,000 of the new jobs were in the private sector and most of the federal government hires were for Census work that will evaporate after the summer months.
Job Growth Surged in May, but Most Was Due to Temporary Census Hires

The government is creating most of the new jobs in America. The private sector is still hurting in job creation. Looks like the unemployment numbers are getting a bump from the part time census jobs. What happens next?

The economy added 431,000 jobs last month, pushing the unemployment rate down a little, but the government was responsible for most of the new hires as it brought on temporary workers for the massive U.S. Census effort.

The jobless rate fell to 9.7 percent from 9.9 percent in April, the Labor Department said.

Payrolls rose for the fifth consecutive month, with May's numbers marking the largest increase in non-farm employment in a single month in a decade, the New York Times said. But only 41,000 of the new jobs were in the private sector and most of the federal government hires were for Census work that will evaporate after the summer months.

So now I understand why the conservatives hate the constitutionally-mandated census

It creates jobs

If we learned one thing during the bush years, it's that conservatives hate to create jobs. They're rather destroy jobs

So now I understand why the conservatives hate the constitutionally-mandated census

It creates jobs

If we learned one thing during the bush years, it's that conservatives hate to create jobs. They're rather destroy jobs

yep, 400,000 part time jobs that last for almost a month. quite the accomplishment.

The Norfus is done down here , My kid picked up about 1500 bucks since April.
He thinks he will be hired on for the next stage.
Work is good for people.

It creates jobs

I've learned that you have the IQ of a piss ant, Sangha. How did you get that out of what I or the article stated?
I'm stating that the unemployment rates, and jobs created are just part time government jobs. I'm stating that only 41,000 jobs came from the private sector......this IS the disturbing part of out economic recovery.
Next time try and comprehend what you read, and take off your partisan blinders in doing so. sheesh

Last edited:

It creates jobs

You should get negged just for being a stupid idiot.

It creates jobs

You don't have to be conservative to understand that the census has gone way past its original intent. This is not an enumeration; it's an invasion of privacy. I haven't participated in a census since 1980.

It creates jobs

You don't have to be conservative to understand that the census has gone way past its original intent. This is not an enumeration; it's an invasion of privacy. I haven't participated in a census since 1980.

Smart move. I encourage all conservatives to not participate in the census:clap2:

It creates jobs

How so? What questions on the census are an "invasion of privacy"?

It creates jobs

You should get negged just for being a stupid idiot.

wait til he negs you first.. :eusa_eh::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Any information other than sex, ages, and number of persons in an abode is more than they need.

Says who? In the Constitution, it's left up to the Congress.

And the first census in 1790 had more questions than that.

Actually, as I recall from my genealogical studies, the first census (in 1790) was about enumeration but did ask for the name of the head of household. Other members of that household were tallied, but not named, by sex and in age ranges. Slaves were counted.

I'm the one who's saying what they're now asking for is more than they need. That's my opinion and I'm here to share it with ya. :tongue:

Says who? In the Constitution, it's left up to the Congress.

And the first census in 1790 had more questions than that.

Actually, as I recall from my genealogical studies, the first census (in 1790) was about enumeration but did ask for the name of the head of household. Other members of that household were tallied, but not named, by sex and in age ranges. Slaves were counted.

I'm the one who's saying what they're now asking for is more than they need. That's my opinion and I'm here to share it with ya. :tongue:

By all means, of course you're entitled to your opinion.

But the Constitution is pretty clear on this one.

ETA: I like your Dr. Thompson quote in your sig.

The government is creating temporary jobs. That is not a real job it's a numbers maker.

Except that it is real people who are getting a paycheck.

Agreed, but it is still temporary and a numbers generator. Looks good doesnt it when the government can say the jobless rate went down and were on the way to recovery. What happens when the census is over?

The government is creating temporary jobs. That is not a real job it's a numbers maker.

Agreed, but it is still temporary and a numbers generator. Looks good doesnt it when the government can say the jobless rate went down and were on the way to recovery. What happens when the census is over?

By then, Obama's economic recovery will have created a permanent job for them

Probably most of them will go back on unemployment.

But it's still a stimulus. The Census workers will still have more money to spend, that money will still be injected into the economy. It's not a bad thing.

By then, Obama's economic recovery will have created a permanent job for them

The Census is already over. I think you're being a bit too optimistic.

Forum List

Back