CDC: 1 In 5 US Children May Have Mental Disorder

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
What bullshit. This is just an attempt to make billions more for big pharma and shrinks by fabricating phony disorders like ADHD and all that other crap they're using as an excuse to medicate people today.

ATLANTA (CBS ATLANTA) – Nearly 1 in 5 children in the U.S. suffers from a mental disorder, and this number has been rising for more than a decade.

According to a study conducted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, up to 20 percent of American children are suffering from mental disorders such as attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), anxiety, depression and autism.

The CDC’s first study of mental disorders among children aged 3 to 17 also found that the cost of medical bills for treatment of such disorders is up to $247 billion each year.

Exactly, drugging kids is a huge industry that a lot of people are getting rich off of.

It is the ultimate goal to have everyone be diagnosed with some disorder or another.

The benefits of this are two fold:

More Mental Illness Diagnoses means greater profits (and greater kickbacks) for Gov't connected Big Pharma.
Drug Side Effects will create a larger Criminal Class so that there is a never ending supply of persons for the Prison Industrial Complex.

The ultimate goal is of course, Gun Confiscation.

This is Your Freedom.

Did they just discover that 1 in 5 children like to run around and play?

No.

They just discovered that by making running around and playing a pathology they can medicate the children.

Did they just discover that 1 in 5 children like to run around and play?

No.

They just discovered that by making running around and playing a pathology they can medicate the children.

and as they age they will fail background checks. Damn--no guns for them.

Christopher Lasch once observed that if you argue with a conservative, he will tell you that you are wrong. If you argue with a liberal, he will tell you that you are sick and need to be cured.

The more "illness" you can find, the more you will be able to declare yourself the cure.

Near as I can tell after 62 years of dealing with the public?

Sanity is a myth.

Now don't get me wrong, I do believe that some people have serious mental illness that truly does make them handicapped.

But most of the people that are considered sane, don't seem so very sane to me, either.

Functional perhaps, even wildly so, but sane?

Not really.

It would seem this is all working according to plan that our government will now be able to ban guns for the upcoming generations.

I've just been reading about the role of diet in this mess. We're poisoning our children and far too many people really don't care enough to educate themselves. Some would actually prefer to have fat, sick, diabetic kids than admit that they're eating shit at fat food "restaurants" and their schools. And, some vote for Repubs who are owned by Monsanto and big pharma.

It would seem this is all working according to plan that our government will now be able to ban guns for the upcoming generations.

And then there are the truly loony who actually manage tie guns to every subject. To these ignorant fools, this actually makes sense.

Y'all have a nice lunch at McDonald's.

I've just been reading about the role of diet in this mess. We're poisoning our children and far too many people really don't care enough to educate themselves. Some would actually prefer to have fat, sick, diabetic kids than admit that they're eating shit at fat food "restaurants" and their schools. And, some vote for Repubs who are owned by Monsanto and big pharma.
McDonalds is FDA approved, you got a problem with that Mister? It's delicious and nutritious so shut up about it.

Also, Big Pharma owns MANY Politicians in D.C. not just Republicans.

Leave it to Dudley to take an issue everyone from all political stripes can agree on and try to turn it into a partisan pissing match.

As usual, you're wrong, Dudley.

Monsanto Co Contributions to Federal Candidates | OpenSecrets

If you paid attention more than you run your mouth less stupid shit would fall out of it.

What bullshit. This is just an attempt to make billions more for big pharma and shrinks by fabricating phony disorders like ADHD and all that other crap they're using as an excuse to medicate people today.

ATLANTA (CBS ATLANTA) – Nearly 1 in 5 children in the U.S. suffers from a mental disorder, and this number has been rising for more than a decade.

According to a study conducted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, up to 20 percent of American children are suffering from mental disorders such as attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), anxiety, depression and autism.

The CDC’s first study of mental disorders among children aged 3 to 17 also found that the cost of medical bills for treatment of such disorders is up to $247 billion each year.

Exactly, drugging kids is a huge industry that a lot of people are getting rich off of.

While ADHD is real, I don't think it can be denied that it is overly diagnosed. Anytime a kid misbehaves, school administrators say its ADHD, when in fact it is just a kid behaving poorly who needs some guidance. Unfortunately, we have taken away the good old guidance of a twelve inch paddle filled with holes. Those worked pretty good on most kids back in the day. I know it worked well on me.

McDonalds is FDA approved, you got a problem with that Mister? It's delicious and nutritious so shut up about it.

McDonald's tastes great, but its a bunch of really bad shit. Of course, McDonald's is not the only place you buy unhealthy food. What we eat and feed our kids is a huge problem, but it's not even close to the problem created by the lack of exercise in the average American's life, specifically our kids.

McDonald's tastes great, but its a bunch of really bad shit. Of course, McDonald's is not the only place you buy unhealthy food. What we eat and feed our kids is a huge problem, but it's not even close to the problem created by the lack of exercise in the average American's life, specifically our kids.

Goes hand in hand though.

Reason is, people who are into being fit and healthy would not eat the horribly unhealthy fat served by fat food joints.

It would be stupid to eat that much fat and calories and then have to work even harder to be healthy.

This is just an attempt to make billions more for big pharma and shrinks by fabricating phony disorders like ADHD and all that other crap they're using as an excuse to medicate people today.

Oh. ADHD does exist, DTMB.

I challenge you to a debate in the Bull Ring.

I think the biggest mental disorder is poor parenting. Way too many of today's parents are working ridiculous hours, letting schools and nannies parent and neglecting their children.

You didn't see all these "mental disorders" in the 40's-80's. If we acted out like the ADHD, ADD and "special" kids we would have gotten our bottoms spanked.

Today's children are mostly spoiled brats and their parents are not much better. Just take a trip to your local grocery store and you will see.

Forum List

Back