CBS To Release Statement at Noon Today

Kathianne said:
LOL As you say,if you really believe in conspiracies...To tell the truth, I think this is a story of hubris. A malady that seems endemic to the knee jerk ideologues, especially, but not limited to the left.

Someone, probably the disgruntled guy in TX, passed these onto DNC, who recognized a problem, passed them onto CBS producer, who with Rather decided they could get away with. They KNEW there were probably problems with the memos, but heh, they ARE CBS! MSM personified. A chance to bring down the possibility of a second term for the 'dangerous idiot.'

No collusion, no conspiracy. Just each pushing their agenda, confident that the idiotic opposition could do nothing to stop it.

Essentially the old throw it out there and see if it sticks........Just failed to take into account the bloggers sitting in their jammies, eating tootsie rolls and typing away to the wee hours of the morn :funnyface

Bonnie said:
Essentially the old throw it out there and see if it sticks........Just failed to take into account the bloggers sitting in their jammies, eating tootsie rolls and typing away to the wee hours of the morn :funnyface

what???? you can see my jammies??? :eek:

Bonnie said:

Most wear jammies, some nothing! A few wear suits! ;)

JIHADTHIS said:
12:00 see ya
3:30 see ya
try 5:00 :boohoo:

I've heard it is because they are 'interviewing' Killian's secretary. If this is correct, they are hoping to say, the 'gist of the story was correct, from knowledge gained after the facts, from a source that knew Killian well. She has first hand knowledge that the 'proof' of the story was faked, but IF he had wanted to write this, these memos would support his 'thinking' at the time, but he's dead, so???

His family disagrees with the secretary, but hey, who knew him better?

Kathianne said:
I've heard it is because they are 'interviewing' Killian's secretary. If this is correct, they are hoping to say, the 'gist of the story was correct, from knowledge gained after the facts, from a source that knew Killian well. She has first hand knowledge that the 'proof' of the story was faked, but IF he had wanted to write this, these memos would support his 'thinking' at the time, but he's dead, so???

Yes that's the word... Because after all it's not the accuracy of the charges... it's the implication of the charges that's sufficient :lame2:

Kathianne said:

I can hear the cash changing hands now

No, no conspiracy K..not organized anyway, I don't think they're capable of it. It's just a bunch of slim from all directions that just flows the same way..as Bonnie said,:gross2: an see what sticks. Four years of it so far....geezzzzz . It's not good for the Country.

Mr. P said:
No, no conspiracy K..not organized anyway, I don't think they're capable of it. It's just a bunch of slim from all directions that just flows the same way..as Bonnie said,:gross2: an see what sticks. Four years of it so far....geezzzzz . It's not good for the Country.

:confused: I never thought of a conspiracy. Just CBS doing what CBS/Rather do.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showpost.php?p=156454&postcount=4

Bonnie said:
Nice crisp hundreds...............Boy Dilly your having a good ol time today.........Can I have some???? :banana:

Ya getting sorta loony--just too much coffee and lots of exciting things going on---I'm easy :cuckoo:

dilloduck said:
Ya getting sorta loony--just too much coffee and lots of exciting things going on---I'm easy :cuckoo:

It is an exciting news day today :cheers2: Which is why I don't drink coffee :eek: :eek2:

Bonnie said:
Conspiracy or willing accomplice is there much of a difference?

To me there is a difference between 'a group' getting together to plan an offensive and a company following it's chosen path of deception. Deception in this case is their modus operandi.

NOW,if it is found that the DNC passed the memos to CBS, both knowing they were probably faked, ala the two 'experts' who claim to have warned the producer, then there may well be recourse. We are within the 60 period of the election now.

Kathianne said:
To me there is a difference between 'a group' getting together to plan an offensive and a company following it's chosen path of deception. Deception in this case is their modus operandi.

NOW,if it is found that the DNC passed the memos to CBS, both knowing they were probably faked, ala the two 'experts' who claim to have warned the producer, then there may well be recourse. We are within the 60 period of the election now.

I guess i look at all the media through the same prism that there is no such thing as unbiased news coverage.......We all have our agendas Right and Left, and I could never be a journalist, a pundit yes, because I could never no matter how much I tried to keep my opinions to myself my news reporting would be tainted even if in a subconscious level.
So I think Rather had a few agendas, for one he probably Really thinks kerry would be a better president, and second he likes to be the one to break the big story and retire with a bang, all this he uses to justify his actions in his mind at least. I would not be surprised at all if he was in some kind of alliance with someone in the DNC. He went into this story wanting it to be true that he overlooked the obvious, and left out all the other elements of the story that were contradictory to that end.

Bonnie said:
I guess i look at all the media through the same prism that there is no such thing as unbiased news coverage.......We all have our agendas Right and Left, and I could never be a journalist, a pundit yes, because I could never no matter how much I tried to keep my opinions to myself my news reporting would be tainted even if in a subconscious level.
So I think Rather had a few agendas, for one he probably Really thinks kerry would be a better president, and second he likes to be the one to break the big story and retire with a bang, all this he uses to justify his actions in his mind at least. I would not be surprised at all if he was in some kind of alliance with someone in the DNC. He went into this story wanting it to be true that he overlooked the obvious, and left out all the other elements of the story that were contradictory to that end.

I agree with all you say, just bias or as you said, the prism the msm looks through. NOW if they get together to do their spinning, that's a conspiracy. At the same time, the other networks are taking off on this, along with msm news outlets, with the glaring exception of the Boston Globe, which is owned I believe, by the NYT.

Kathianne said:
I agree with all you say, just bias or as you said, the prism the msm looks through. NOW if they get together to do their spinning, that's a conspiracy. At the same time, the other networks are taking off on this, along with msm news outlets, with the glaring exception of the Boston Globe, which is owned I believe, by the NYT.

Have you ever read Bernie Goldberg's book on media bias pertaining mainly to his experiences as CBS?
Like you I am cautious to yield to conspiracy theories, however I guess my idea of conspiracy re msm is more of an unspoken but universally felt agenda, if that makes sense? Yeah technically if they are at a board room meeting plotting, that to my mind is like you said conspiracy.

Maybe a curve will be thrown when CBS finally speaks?

http://instapundit.com/archives/017836.php

September 15, 2004
DRUDGE is now reporting that CBS has postponed its announcement until 5. Jonah Goldberg has doubts about this PR strategy:

Tell an already blood-hungry media that you will come out with a statment and then keep them waiting for hours. This is exactly the sort of crisis management and public relations that looks great on the resume. Maybe they should pee in all the cans of Mountain Dew at the press conference before they let the journalists in. Thaat will really win friends.

I think they've already peed in the media's Mountain Dew. But I don't think this represents strategy. I think it represents the kind of infighting that will make a fascinating story at some point in the future. And the good news is that, if there's infighting, it means that there might just be somebody at CBS who cares about credibility.

posted at 04:12 PM by Glenn Reynolds

Forum List

Back