Catholic School refuses to accept son of lesbians

Now, I'll be honest... I think these are bad parents. I think they've prioritized activism ahead of the best interests of their child,

Sometimes activism is synonymous with the best interests of the children.

Yeah... pulling this kid in two directions like a fucking wishbone is in "the best interest of the child". :rolleyes:

Frankly, studies vary on the psychological affects of homosexual parenting. One Catholic study earlier this year in Mexico City claimed that children exhibit “greater levels of stress,” and suffer from “suicidal tendencies and attempts.”
Children with same-sex parents prone to suicide, study reveals :: Catholic News Agency (CNA)

The subject is so politically charged though that it's nearly impossible to gauge what damage, if any, children experience from being raised in an alternative lifestyle. For every study that claims there's no harm, you're likely to find another contradictory claim. At best, all we can say is that the science is still out on the subject.

To ADD unnecessary stress for the sake of political activism is a choice that adults can certainly make for themselves. But it's a rotten thing to do to a little kid who doesn't have the maturity to deal with adversity. As parents, our first priority is to protect our children. That comes before any other consideration.... or at least it should.

It comes under the heading "lewd" "lecherous" and "fornicating".

All frowned upon, as any sort of sex outside of marriage is.

except they're married...
No, they are not.

yes, they are.
they are legally as married as my wife and i am.

you can stomp your feet and bitch and moan about gay marriage, but it doesn't change the fact that they are indeed married in the eyes of the law.

Not in the Catholic church they aren't.

they're just as married as i am, and the church would take my kids in school in a heartbeat. i just heard on the radio that the archdioces apologized and offered a place in another school for the kid.

You would think Christians would want to accept others to their schools and such to learn about the Lord, instead of turning them away, wouldn't you.

Glad at least the Archdioces have apologized and have offered those children another school to go to.

As for those wanting to punish a child from going to a church because of their parents life style choices, that's not very Christian like, is it?

they're just as married as i am, and the church would take my kids in school in a heartbeat. i just heard on the radio that the archdioces apologized and offered a place in another school for the kid.

So they were married by a Catholic priest?

I highly doubt it.

Given the church's historical stance on queer marriage, I really don't think they are giving a nod and a wink and accepting anything the queer parties say as evidence there's a holy sacrament in place.

You would think Christians would want to accept others to their schools and such to learn about the Lord, instead of turning them away, wouldn't you.

Glad at least the Archdioces have apologized and have offered those children another school to go to.

As for those wanting to punish a child from going to a church because of their parents life style choices, that's not very Christian like, is it?

Christians are individuals -- sorta like black people.
Are we going to have to go thru another round of explaining bigotry again ?

So they were married by a Catholic priest?

I highly doubt it.

Given the church's historical stance on queer marriage, I really don't think they are giving a nod and a wink and accepting anything the queer parties say as evidence there's a holy sacrament in place.

no, dipshit, they're legally married. try to keep up

Legally married means nothing to the Church. You should keep up yourself. The church has taken a stand against homo marriage. So why are the anti-Christians trying to force them to accomodate homos?

I'd like to get back to the concept of public school as punishment, and the idea that children who aren't taught in Catholic schools are suffering.

Is this true?

Perhaps all schools should become Catholic in order to lessen the suffering?

Since when was the Church in the practice of rejecting children borne out of wedlock? Even if his biological mother is unmarried in the eyes of the Church, this has never been a problem before, as there are plenty of Catholic schoolchildren with divorced (or unknown) parents.

Disgusting.

this is happening in my home town. i know and like the couple involved, but i don't understand why anyone would want to send their child to a school that is in opposition to their beliefs. i think the school is well within their rights not to accept the boy, although i think their position is wrong on its face. your thoughts?

Catholic school refuses to accept son of lesbians - BostonHerald.com

"A Hingham Catholic school has withdrawn its acceptance of an 8-year-old boy with lesbian parents, saying their relationship is “in discord” with church teachings, according to one of the boys’ mothers."

I know a single Mom whose child wasn't accepted to our Catholic school because the mother and father never married and the Church/School said that because this child was born out of wedlock, he/she could not attend the Catholic school because "acceptance of this child's circumstances was not in keeping with the Church's teaching nor the school's standards".

Period. NO discussion. No media blitz. Just outright rejection because they child's parents never married.

The child was a BAPTIZED CATHOLIC, and still, they held to "a standard".

Where's the outrage for that poor child? :eusa_think:

Yeah..... :rolleyes:

Since when was the Church in the practice of rejecting children borne out of wedlock? Even if his biological mother is unmarried in the eyes of the Church, this has never been a problem before, as there are plenty of Catholic schoolchildren with divorced (or unknown) parents.

Disgusting.

It happens a LOT more than most people, including Catholics, know.

I wonder...would they accept the kids of a serial killer? I think they would and justify it by the sins of the father stuff.

Catholics are a puzzling group.
i dont think that this is some sort of doctrinal stipulation or a punishment for the parents lifestyle. instead, this is part of the church's contention that the effects of same-sex relationships in a society are detrimental.

it is a paranoid position, but homosexual relationships have an appreciable influence in displacing conservative values which can be said, in turn, to compromise heterosexual relationships, specifically marriage. the catholic church is not afraid to argue that point.

catholic schools adapt a community method of education which presses parents into participation in the education and cultural education of their own children and everyone else's who's enrolled. they've determined that social standards are more valuable than being nice and other merits of christianity much like they have throughout the church's history. they're applying these standards to this community model, and apologize, i guess, for their own failures in meeting their community standards separately and severally.

the model speaks for itself with it's results; the school's taken the initiative to 'protect' its effectiveness from a perceived negative influence.

this is happening in my home town. i know and like the couple involved, but i don't understand why anyone would want to send their child to a school that is in opposition to their beliefs. i think the school is well within their rights not to accept the boy, although i think their position is wrong on its face. your thoughts?

Catholic school refuses to accept son of lesbians - BostonHerald.com

"A Hingham Catholic school has withdrawn its acceptance of an 8-year-old boy with lesbian parents, saying their relationship is “in discord” with church teachings, according to one of the boys’ mothers."

Hmmmm, I'm not so sure. The kid has done nothing wrong. I would completely understand if one of the women had asked to be employed by the school and the school had rejected the application. But the child is being punished for the parents' lifestyle choice, and I'm struggling with that a bit.

Tough question IMO.

That said, I have to add it's tough to understand why the parents would want to send their child there. I'm presuming that the school is free to teach the Church's position about homosexuality. How's that going to make the child feel? Without knowing more about the background, I question the parents' motives before anything else.

Last edited:

Disgusting.

Actually, E7, you're wrong. The Church did, until quite recently, often turn down the child of a single parent.

And, the parents 'legal' status is neither here nor there to the Church - unless they are married in the eyes of the Church (ie married in the Catholic Church), then the Church does not necessarily recognize their marriage. It is only in the past few decades that the Catholic Church recognized marriages from other Churches.

except they're married...
No, they are not.

yes, they are.
they are legally as married as my wife and i am.

you can stomp your feet and bitch and moan about gay marriage, but it doesn't change the fact that they are indeed married in the eyes of the law.

And marriage is a legal contract where the Constitution does not state anything about the legalities of it.
You can get married anywhere with a judge.
The sooner we get religion out of marriage for those that do not want it the better.

Forum List

Back