Carrying Citizenship card at all times.

I'm just wondering how that's going to work seeing as how we can't even get one Political party to agree to any form of ID when voting.

Good point.. I still remember watching the guy interview that illegal while they were demonstrating in the streets and he said "We vote too." The interviewer never challenged him. What a disgrace, our country has become.

Can someone explain to me why having to carry a us citizenship card at all times is considered such a bad idea. It personally think its a great idea.

I thought we were supposed to always carry ID on us? Well I always have a driver's liscense anyway but you can get those in my state without being a US citizen.

If a person has no ID, then I agree further investigation would be justified. But any legitimate photo ID should otherwise be sufficient. True Americans value liberty above all else and will risk giving up any more of that to government control. Requiring us to carry ANYTHING at all times erodes a little more of our personal liberties.

You can buy a fake id for like 50 bucks im talking about something a little harder to forge.

Yup. And a mandatory 'citizenship card' would no doubt inspire a thriving cottage industry producing them for anybody who wanted one.
Yea but you know how hard it is to copy a passport, creditcard or even paper money? Just put that same technology into the card. Drivers license are out of date from back when not everyone could make one in 5 minutes.

Article [IV]

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

You can buy a fake id for like 50 bucks im talking about something a little harder to forge.

Yup. And a mandatory 'citizenship card' would no doubt inspire a thriving cottage industry producing them for anybody who wanted one.
Yea but you know how hard it is to copy a passport, creditcard or even paper money? Just put that same technology into the card. Drivers license are out of date from back when not everyone could make one in 5 minutes.

If there's money in it, it doesn't matter how hard it is. Somebody will figure out how to do it. Back in the 70's, the Carter Administration and then the Reagan Administration required employers to obtain three forms of ID from every new hire before they put them to work. It was no time at all that the industry providing such 'ID" was up and running like crazy.

Much better just to provide ID as requested which in itself will provide information necessary to do a background check if there is any suspicion. That was once a good way to get bad guys off the street.

Now not only do the bleeding hearts not want us to require ANY identification from anybody, but even if the ID is lacking or questionable, the authorities are discouraged or prohibited from making an arrest. So until we correct that stupidity, it's all moot anyway.

Article [IV]

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Asking for identification is not an unreasonable search or request when made by law enforcement officials if you have to cross paths with them while they are working.

Exactly so its not that big of a jump. Not to mention with todays technology you could probley make in nearly forgeryprooof. It would simply help the government find illegals. Currently they cant ask people they suspect for fear of looking racist. But if everyone had that card they could ask a lot of people to avoid that.

Why not just cut the crap and make it so any Hispanic looking person has to have proof of citizenship on them at all times and available to any LEO request at any time. That's what this is really about. Be real. There aren't any cops that suspect a white person might be an illegal Canadian immigrant.

You must be joking. My brother in law is Canadian and even WITH his green card <read pink> he gets hassled everytime he visits Canada and tries to come back even with my sister, his wife being born here. One time they held him up for THREE hours while they checked his paperwork.

Illegals, like Americans, come in all races.
Checking ID at the border != mandating everyone carries proof of citizenship at all times

I was born and raised here. I vote. I pay taxes. I grew up playing little league baseball. I love living here. It's offensive to me that I should have to prove I'm an American any time a cop is curious.

I don't know why you people have such a hard time owning up to the real intentions of such an ID. Here's a hint: it's not become a talking point because of illegal immigrants from Canada.

Why not just cut the crap and make it so any Hispanic looking person has to have proof of citizenship on them at all times and available to any LEO request at any time. That's what this is really about. Be real. There aren't any cops that suspect a white person might be an illegal Canadian immigrant.

You must be joking. My brother in law is Canadian and even WITH his green card <read pink> he gets hassled everytime he visits Canada and tries to come back even with my sister, his wife being born here. One time they held him up for THREE hours while they checked his paperwork.

Illegals, like Americans, come in all races.
Checking ID at the border != mandating everyone carries proof of citizenship at all times

I was born and raised here. I vote. I pay taxes. I grew up playing little league baseball. I love living here. It's offensive to me that I should have to prove I'm an American any time a cop is curious.

I don't know why you people have such a hard time owning up to the real intentions of such an ID. Here's a hint: it's not become a talking point because of illegal immigrants from Canada.

Whatever sheldon is saying its wrong..even if I agree its wrong, he has the worst avatar on the forum!

Fucking habs

Yeah im a boston boy, lol :D

sorry about that....carry on

I'm all for one that would replace a large part of what's in my wallet.... Driver's Licence, CCW Permit, Birth Certificate/SS Card, National ID, etc.... Hell, we could get the stores onboard with it and let them attach their "frequent shopper" discounts directly to that card number.

The only thing I would suggest should be separate is any FINANCIAL options (bank accounts, credit cards, etc...)

And the government could turn off your life with a few keystrokes on a computer.

If there's money in it, it doesn't matter how hard it is. Somebody will figure out how to do it. Back in the 70's, the Carter Administration and then the Reagan Administration required employers to obtain three forms of ID from every new hire before they put them to work. It was no time at all that the industry providing such 'ID" was up and running like crazy.

Much better just to provide ID as requested which in itself will provide information necessary to do a background check if there is any suspicion. That was once a good way to get bad guys off the street.

Now not only do the bleeding hearts not want us to require ANY identification from anybody, but even if the ID is lacking or questionable, the authorities are discouraged or prohibited from making an arrest. So until we correct that stupidity, it's all moot anyway.

There is a shit load of money in copying money and credit cards. It rarely happens but your right it does. So like i said it doesnt replace anything, its like your smartphone it aint your computer just something to carry around for simplicity. And i can gaurantee you its harder to copy a passport than a drivers liscense. I mean you can literaaly go online and buy one for 50 bucks and have it shipped to anywhere outside the us. It wont destroy fakes just limit them.

I'm all for one that would replace a large part of what's in my wallet.... Driver's Licence, CCW Permit, Birth Certificate/SS Card, National ID, etc.... Hell, we could get the stores onboard with it and let them attach their "frequent shopper" discounts directly to that card number.

The only thing I would suggest should be separate is any FINANCIAL options (bank accounts, credit cards, etc...)

And the government could turn off your life with a few keystrokes on a computer.

They already can.

Just make it legal for a traffic cop to check the presets on their radio. If they're set to blast "mariachi" music, that is probable cause for arrest and deportation.

Article [IV]

TSA must have missed the memo

Article [IV]

Asking for identification is not an unreasonable search or request when made by law enforcement officials if you have to cross paths with them while they are working.

I disagree. Unless supported by probable cause or a search warrant I think even asking for your identification papers is unreasonable and therefore unconstitutional (not that law makers and police forces care wtf I think).

Article [IV]

TSA must have missed the memo

Your ending sig. made me think of this

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzFyrtoFWgU&feature=related]YouTube - T he Doors -Five to One - Live in Philadelphia[/ame]

Article [IV]

I disagree. Unless supported by probable cause or a search warrant I think even asking for your identification papers is unreasonable and therefore unconstitutional (not that law makers and police forces care wtf I think).

So are you saying when you are pulled over you shouldnt have to show id or when you are using your crdit card or when you are buying alcohol or cigaretts? I think its perfectly reasonable if you dont have anything to hide you shouldnt care if it supports the law. Im not saying they are coming into your house they are looking at a card which they alread do.

Article [IV]

The way I put it was that if you did something that the police had to interact with you in their work capacity then its not unreasonable......ie speeding, stealing, fighting, public intoxication, car accident........i wasn't saying a cop walking by you on the sidewalk should be able to stop and say "give me your ID" for no reason.

I should have been more clear.

Forum List

Back