Carrying Citizenship card at all times.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Sense, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Sense

Sense Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Can someone explain to me why having to carry a us citizenship card at all times is considered such a bad idea. It personally think its a great idea.

2. Sheldon

Sheldon Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,330
    Why would I need proof of citizenship on me at all times?

3. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306
    You mean a National ID card? The federal government will use it for tighter and tighter control of every American. The government already has way too much power already. Don't give them any more.

4. MarcATL

MarcATL Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,747
    PaypaaaahZ!!! Show me ze paypahz!!!

America is SWIFLY on their way to becoming more and more of a Police State, and the Right is leading the charge.

Good job OP.

:clap2:

5. Foxfyre

Foxfyre Eternal optimist Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,377
    A citizenship card is a bad idea at the get go because it makes it far too easy to kind of sort of 'lose' the paperwork etc. in order to get one and then make a person's life miserable. Nor should immediate lack of one be justification for immediate arrest. And yes, there are elected leaders and bureaucrats who are that dishonest.

But I do not think it unreasonable to ask ANY person in this country to provide positive proof of their identity when there is reasonable need to know such as in a routine traffic stop or entering a public building or receiving a boarding pass at the airport. And anybody's inability to provide positive proof of identity should be grounds for immediate further investigation.

6. Sense

Sense Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7
    You need an id card at all times dont you? To drive a car or use a creditcard. This would just be an extnsion of that.

7. Sense

Sense Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Yes but a passport is all that you would need to prove your citizenship. Besides you can already be arrested by corrupt diplomat for being illegal. You can be held without reason for 72 hours as well. Im not saying its the only source of evidnce to prove citizenship just a card that someone can ask you to produce at any time like when you get pulled over.

8. Anachronism

Anachronism BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +231
    I'm all for one that would replace a large part of what's in my wallet.... Driver's Licence, CCW Permit, Birth Certificate/SS Card, National ID, etc.... Hell, we could get the stores onboard with it and let them attach their "frequent shopper" discounts directly to that card number.

The only thing I would suggest should be separate is any FINANCIAL options (bank accounts, credit cards, etc...)

9. Againsheila

Againsheila Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,700
    It's actually already required by law to carry your green card <now pink> with you at all times. People don't like it because they want the illegals to be able to have more benefits than the rest of us, especially the legal immigrants. So glad our state has stopped letting illegals have driver's licenses.

I always carry my driver's license with me, if my citizenship papers were required, I'd carry them. My son has an id card but seldom carries it, but then again, he doesn't go out without anyone else, he is low functioning autistic and can't talk.

10. Sheldon

Sheldon Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,330
    Those are for specific actives: I do not need a DL on me at all times, just when I'm driving. What is the justification for this "extnsion"?