Carriers of internet forums are similar to other types of public utility enterprises.

Supposn

Gold Member
Jul 26, 2009
Carriers of internet forums are similar to other types of public utility enterprises.

I agree with the state of Texas's position, tech companies are (to a great extent similar to utilities, and OUR government should require they equally grant access to all factions; but the internet carried upon public airways is under the jurisdiction of the Federal Communications Commission, (FCC) rather than a state's government. Texas should not be empowered to censor or intervene within internet discussions between Texans and myself, (and of course the 1stamendment applies to such discussions), Respectfully, Supposn

I agree with the state of Texas's position, tech companies are (to a great extent similar to utilities, and OUR government should require they equally grant access to all factions; but the internet carried upon public airways is under the jurisdiction of the Federal Communications Commission, (FCC) rather than a state's government. Texas should not be empowered to censor or intervene within internet discussions between Texans and myself, (and of course the 1stamendment applies to such discussions), Respectfully, Supposn

^ this! Facebook should NOT be allowed to censor posts any more than the phone company can censor phone calls

^ this! Facebook should NOT be allowed to censor posts any more than the phone company can censor phone calls

stupid comparison. nobody can hear your phone calls, everyone can see what is posted on FB. Why should a private entity not be able to control what is put on its site?

Do you disagree with the rules on this forum? Should the USMB not be able to control what is posted, and left for everyone to see?

stupid comparison. nobody can hear your phone calls, everyone can see what is posted on FB. Why should a private entity not be able to control what is put on its site?

Do you disagree with the rules on this forum? Should the USMB not be able to control what is posted, and left for everyone to see?
So if you send a business proposal via Fed Ex, Fed Ex becomes the owner??

USMB does that, sometimes stupidly so

So if you send a business proposal via Fed Ex, Fed Ex becomes the owner??

once again, FedEx does not look at your business proposal and they do not post it on their website for all the world to see and for them to be associated with.

you are comparing apples to hand grenades

Harpy Eagle, United Parcel Service, Federal Express, and the U.S. Postal Services are "common carriers". Other than safety or legal restrictions concerning types of cargo, those common carriers do not intervene between me and my correspondents.

Similarly, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Firefox browsers behave as common carriers. enabling corresspondence between U.S. Message Board and myself. We, U.S. Message Board, and I are the determiners of our own content.
Internet browsers “carrying” our correspondences shouldn't be permitted to favor or disfavor among their clients, (i.e. U.S. Message Board, myself, or any other of their clients). Respectfully, Supposn

And?

Does the paper company have a right to review and censor what you write on their paper?

Now you are comparing apples to b-52 bombers.

Does the NY Times have the right to review and censor what goes in their newspaper and website?

Internet browsers “carrying” our correspondences shouldn't be permitted to favor or disfavor among their clients, (i.e. U.S. Message Board, myself, or any other of their clients). Respectfully, Supposn

I agree, but that is not what this is about, this is about if the USMB or FB or X or MySpace have the right to control what is posted on their sites.

Forum List

Back