Enter the Age of Censorship, FCC circumvents Congress to classify internet as Public Utility

Wv46atS.png

That's correct, Rick. And welcome to USMB. The idea of "gummint censorship" was merely one of the paranoia comic book fantasies the OP author is notorious for. When challenged for some basis on what the hell he was talking about, he ran away and hid, which is what he always does.

As for the kids and the dregs of the internet, I'm afraid that ship sailed some time ago. It's understandable to worry about the internet's effect on kids -- but after spending some time on sites like this I think a bigger concern is its effect on adults.

What exactly do you think classifying the Internet as a Title II Public Utility under the 1934 Telecommunications act will do, Huffer?

Are you like the drooling fraud 1P and think "Obama goan gibs me free Interwebz?"

How much money does an ISP pay for internet feed?

Uplink fees depend on thousands of factors, load, such as how many subscribers the ISP carries.

Joe starts an ISP and contracts with Verizon under CLEC rules to provide local loop and then turns to Level 3 for a Backbone uplink. Level 3 looks at the number of subscribers Joe has and the SLA enforced speeds before quoting uplink costs. One thing it ain't - is free, or anywhere near free. CLEC may force Verizon to provide local loop at a loss, but the Backbone can charge what they want.

You're an ignorant moron without a hint of a clue how any of this works.

Go back to Modern Warfare and your bong.

How much money does an ISP pay for internet feed?

Uplink fees depend on thousands of factors, load, such as how many subscribers the ISP carries.

Joe starts an ISP and contracts with Verizon under CLEC rules to provide local loop and then turns to Level 3 for a Backbone uplink. Level 3 looks at the number of subscribers Joe has and the SLA enforced speeds before quoting uplink costs. One thing it ain't - is free, or anywhere near free. CLEC may force Verizon to provide local loop at a loss, but the Backbone can charge what they want.

You're an ignorant moron without a hint of a clue how any of this works.

Go back to Modern Warfare and your bong.

The answer is Verizon pays nothing.

You are full of shit. Verizon in the Los Angeles area pays uplink charges to Level 3, who own the backbone. In San Diego, Verizon has the backbone, even so, the FIOS business segment still pays uplink charges to the network segment. You tried to lie and bullshit your way through this, but you wandered into a bunch of old-timers who do this for a living,

Go back to your bong and Modern Warfare - you're only making a fool out of yourself.

You are full of shit. Verizon in the Los Angeles area pays uplink charges to Level 3, who own the backbone. In San Diego, Verizon has the backbone, even so, the FIOS business segment still pays uplink charges to the network segment. You tried to lie and bullshit your way through this, but you wandered into a bunch of old-timers who do this for a living,

Go back to your bong and Modern Warfare - you're only making a fool out of yourself.

How much does Verizon pay? Nothing?

It's simply impossible for you to leave your cartoon partisan politics out of a discussion, isn't it?
Is it because you're incapable of holding your own in an intellectual debate?
That's my vote.

So far, I've not run into a single leftist here who has even an inkling of how networks operate. You spew idiocy for purely partisan purpose. I suspect Blindfool does have some knowledge, but he ran away once the conversation became technical.

What about you, Verizon fios offers you a 35 meg synchronous connection, how fast is your upload speed expected to be?

1. As fast as Walmart cuz that's the law
  2. 35 megabytes per second
  3. 4.375 megabytes per second

Actually, someone in this area (I think Cox Cable) is advertising upload speeds that match their download speeds.

I guess some folks trust big, near monopolies like Time Warner, Cox Media, and Comcast to look out for their best interests - all the while getting nickle and dimed to death by them? Not to mention killing innovation and competition. Don't like netflix competing with your content? Charge them to deliver it, instead of simply delivering the connection speeds to your customers that you advertise. No - something had to happen to make the internet an even playing field. Period.

:bye1:

You can't have a debate if you don't know what you are talking about. Right? GOP?

So much of this unlegislated rule book is devoted to opening the door to taxes and fees but so little attention is paid to actual neutrality.

Congress could fix it - and might if enough e-mails from angry internet users were allowed to reach them.

Forum List

Back