Can You Beat Homelessness?

I was homeless for almost 2 years.
And, TBH, looking back it was sort of better than this grind we call life now....
:redface:
A helluva lot less responsibility than owning a house, car, etc......

Any money I earned was used for food and, occasionally a cheap motel....

:cool:
Sucks during the winter though. A full belly and a warm bed are perhaps among the greatest pleasures in life.

And, TBH, looking back it was sort of better than this grind we call life now....

Sucks during the winter though. A full belly and a warm bed are perhaps among the greatest pleasures in life.
Used to get as high up as I could underneath an overpass of a busy highway to stay warm....

I promise you that it's only a very small grain of me that misses that life.
But without it I wouldn't be here and surrounded by the wonderful family that I have now with all these "trappings" of a successful career.
:eusa_pray:

I have a different POV than you men. At 57, I am not fit enough to work in a warehouse or even to wait table. If I fail the typing test, as I did, I am unemployable at every sort of entry level job I can physically do....and as a single adult, I am not eligible for TANF.

O yes, if my pension stopped, I'd be homeless. Whether I'd ever crawl back out again, who knows?

I have never been homeless. But I volunteer with people who are.... and I would not wish it on my worst enemy.

Used to get as high up as I could underneath an overpass of a busy highway to stay warm....

Fuck that. You're postin' up in a windtunnel.

I think all this "it could never happen to me" chest thumping is annoying. Young, healthy, single men...okay, mebbe. But single moms? Ever try to choose between washing diapers and paying the MD to see your sick baby? Between a babysitter so you can work and food?

Getting off the streets requires far too much good luck, IMO. This is the richest fucking nation on earth -- why do we have families in tents whose parents are ready, willing and able to work?

It's wrong, and all y'all know it's wrong.

I have a different POV than you men. At 57, I am not fit enough to work in a warehouse or even to wait table. If I fail the typing test, as I did, I am unemployable at every sort of entry level job I can physically do....and as a single adult, I am not eligible for TANF.

O yes, if my pension stopped, I'd be homeless. Whether I'd ever crawl back out again, who knows?
http://www.usmessageboard.com/general/156342-prostitution-should-be-made-legal.html

:eusa_whistle:

There actually are whores in their 50's and 60's, JB. Not a fun life.

I made it to the end of the month with $31 to spare, but I do have an unregistered car and I need a root canal.

It would suck to be poor.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/general/156342-prostitution-should-be-made-legal.html

:eusa_whistle:

There actually are whores in their 50's and 60's, JB. Not a fun life.

Get paid, Maddie. Get paid.

A Google search seems to find numerous old hags who enjoy getting paid to screw on camera

The raised rent claim is utter non-sense with no right answer.

tell him you have a lease, and that you will contact the courts/lawyer if he does not honor it.

There are myriad reasons why the poor have a much harder time enforcing their rights, Two Thumbs....and why the wealthy exploit them. That scenario is not altogether out of the realm of possibility.

Forum List

Back