Florida to build internment camps to herd the homeless in and out of sight

Intern the homeless, give them a bed and all the drugs they need to take them out of this world. Like a Chinese opium den. A bed, a pipe and a ball of tar. Maybe have them sign organ donor cards. Hell, we could harvest some live organs and they wouldn't even know it.

I had a touch of living of the streets. And if it wasn't for family, I would have been out on it longer. No substance abuse just not finding a place to live I could afford on the money I was making at the time. Being on the street will affect your thinking ability.
It is not a fun thing to experience. Met some good people and bad people. Mostly what I saw was cheap booze was the substance of choice for most. When I got things going, I use to pick up some I knew when I had a construction job to do on the side. I would pay the ten dollars more than the rent a laborer places. :)

Years back some low life was arrested for getting homeless and addicted to sign for life insurance he would pay for leaving him the beneficiary.

I had a touch of living of the streets. And if it wasn't for family, I would have been out on it longer. No substance abuse just not finding a place to live I could afford on the money I was making at the time. Being on the street will affect your thinking ability.
It is not a fun thing to experience. Met some good people and bad people. Mostly what I saw was cheap booze was the substance of choice for most. When I got things going, I use to pick up some I knew when I had a construction job to do on the side. I would pay the ten dollars more than the rent a laborer places. :)
Its gonna get worse with this inflation. Everywhere

Perhaps major employers should be required to provide housing for their employees. Several of the studios have parking lot areas where crew can live in vans and rvs. Many can't rent because the next project could be miles away.

Florida has the right idea. 👍
‘Equally concerning to critics is that there is no mention of increased funding for substance abuse and mental health treatment promised by DeSantis when he promoted legislative proposals to “combat homelessness” in a February press release. It has fueled suspicion that the true intent of the law is to hide the problem rather than try to tackle it.’ ibid

Further proof that Republicans are incapable of sound, responsible governance.

At the same time.
I would strongly disagree. Becoming a homeowner even renting is a huge responsibility and stressor. Without having a strong foundation to deal with that an addict will relapse, it’s already something around 60% relapse even with a good foundation. Tossing them to the wolves is almost a guaranteed relapse. I heard a heroin addict say he knew he had another party in him, but wasn’t so sure he would make it back to recovery.

I would strongly disagree. Becoming a homeowner even renting is a huge responsibility and stressor. Without having a strong foundation to deal with that an addict will relapse, it’s already something around 60% relapse even with a good foundation. Tossing them to the wolves is almost a guaranteed relapse. I heard a heroin addict say he knew he had another party in him, but wasn’t so sure he would make it back to recovery.
If a doctor has a patient who has been shot in the arm and in the leg, should he treat the arm and wait for it to heal completely before treating the leg?

If a doctor has a patient who has been shot in the arm and in the leg, should he treat the arm and wait for it to heal completely before treating the leg?
He would treat the most life threatening injury first. In this case that would be the substance abuse and addiction problem. Offer housing without dealing with the underlying issues that caused someone to become homeless in the first place is like putting a band aide on a terminal cancer patient claiming your cured them.

My post here (#81) was meant to be funny and sarcastic. I blew that....sorry if anyone was offended.

Maybe build some homes and fine the people giving out the jobs.It isnt fucking complicated you stupid fuck.
Or…maybe if Florida wasnt spending 8 BILLION dollars per year dealing with illegal immigration, they could use that money for the homeless.

so, your solution is to use taxpayer money to just build homes for all the homeless people?

Look, they are getting them off the street and putting them up in a tent encampment area, that’s a start. Ideally, yes, getting them back into society is the right thing to do, but that is a LONG process, because, first, we have to get those are addicted to drugs, off drugs. Then, you have to try to get them readjusted to society, provide them with some kind of skill for work, and then get them hired to a job, and then how many years would it take to get them stable enough to where they could pay their own rent, buy a car…self sustain.

That takes many years al a LOT of money. Also, there’s no guarantee that it’s going to work. California, liberal Mecca of America, has the highest homeless population, they spent over 17 BILLION over 4 years to fight the homeless situation, and the homeless population actually grew during that time.

Yes, we need to help the homeless, but that needs to be done through foundations, and charities, not confiscation of taxes to pay for it. I’ve had a plan for awhile, but nobody else will think of this…but, you want to really help the homeless people? The government should allow you to deduct up to 20% of your federal taxes if you donate that money to organizations fighting homelessness, but our government won’t do that, because they can’t stop spending money, overspending rather, so they keep wanting to tax more, and the liberals are right there with them. No, we can’t CUT SPENDING!!! Ooh no, just take more money!!!

I’ve never understood how liberals just don’t get it, more taxation is NOT the answer, because government just says “oh hey…we got more money now, let’s waste it!!” Cutting spending is the only way to fix all this.

Of course, none of this is actually YOUR problem, you get to sit over there in England and criticize the United States from afar, in your comfy easy chair where none of this affects you..

It isnt fucking complicated you stupid fuck.

There’s that hatred again…I thought you liberals were supposed to be…tolerant. 😂

Or…maybe if Florida wasnt spending 8 BILLION dollars per year dealing with illegal immigration, they could use that money for the homeless.

so, your solution is to use taxpayer money to just build homes for all the homeless people?

Look, they are getting them off the street and putting them up in a tent encampment area, that’s a start. Ideally, yes, getting them back into society is the right thing to do, but that is a LONG process, because, first, we have to get those are addicted to drugs, off drugs. Then, you have to try to get them readjusted to society, provide them with some kind of skill for work, and then get them hired to a job, and then how many years would it take to get them stable enough to where they could pay their own rent, buy a car…self sustain.

That takes many years al a LOT of money. Also, there’s no guarantee that it’s going to work. California, liberal Mecca of America, has the highest homeless population, they spent over 17 BILLION over 4 years to fight the homeless situation, and the homeless population actually grew during that time.

Yes, we need to help the homeless, but that needs to be done through foundations, and charities, not confiscation of taxes to pay for it. I’ve had a plan for awhile, but nobody else will think of this…but, you want to really help the homeless people? The government should allow you to deduct up to 20% of your federal taxes if you donate that money to organizations fighting homelessness, but our government won’t do that, because they can’t stop spending money, overspending rather, so they keep wanting to tax more, and the liberals are right there with them. No, we can’t CUT SPENDING!!! Ooh no, just take more money!!!

I’ve never understood how liberals just don’t get it, more taxation is NOT the answer, because government just says “oh hey…we got more money now, let’s waste it!!” Cutting spending is the only way to fix all this.

Of course, none of this is actually YOUR problem, you get to sit over there in England and criticize the United States from afar, in your comfy easy chair where none of this affects you..

There’s that hatred again…I thought you liberals were supposed to be…tolerant. 😂
You really are a limited individual. A few tents in a swamp are not the. answer, In fact whatever the problem desantis is not the answer.
Maybe the homeless should be made to wear a symbol that indicates they are homeless. A star or something.

You really are a limited individual. A few tents in a swamp are not the. answer, In fact whatever the problem desantis is not the answer.
Maybe the homeless should be made to wear a symbol that indicates they are homeless. A star or something.
Who said it was going to be in a swamp? Did you just make that up? For effect? Also, are you really trying to reference the scarlet letter here?

Nobody is asking them to wear a symbol, and a tent city is likely a huge upgrade from what they have now. Again, there are charities that provide help, and the state appears to spend about 168 million per year on services to homeless people.

So, if you read the bill, it doesn’t say anything about “moving them to a far away place”, it says that each county, if the local shelters are full, can designate a place where these people can sleep, the bill also says that in this place, security must be provided, and that sanitation services must be provided (restrooms, running water). Also, they will have access to health services as well as substance abuse services.

This is far and away more than what they have now, and is a start. Again, there are charities and organizations out there that do help these people. Can we do more? Sure, but, it should fall more on charities and organization to handle this.

Here’s what I think, vacant state/government owned buildings should be donated to organizations freely so they can be renovated and provide housing to homeless, including closed military bases. I’m sure there are organizations out there who would be willing to renovate existing buildings to make them into suitable housing, but they would probably be cost prohibited from building new buildings for that.

Get them cleaned up, off drugs, get them some kind of training, so they can go out and get jobs, and start working their way back into society, but, the notion that Florida should just build a home for every homeless person is not a sustainable idea…that would be a massive cost. Aside from just the construction cost, you are looking at utilities, insurance, upkeep, all on an ongoing basis.

Tents in the swamp are the perfect answer. Those tents should be as close to the lakes/ponds as possible.

This is a real conservative solution to homelessness. Coral them out of sight to maintain property values.
Its on the meatballs desk at the moment but its so cruel and inhumane you know it will be law shortly.
America swerved a monster when they rejected the pixie boot nazi.

The market does not solve homelessness. Neither does Ron.
Here's a radical idea: Maybe illegals shouldn't be coming here illegally.

Forum List

Back