Can You Beat Homelessness?

Wow there are a lot of homeless people who stopped being homeless and now devote themselves full time to pretending to be superior to everyone in the internet.

I find that kinda amazing, and also wonder why the hell I spend any time at all arguing with people who obviously have issues.

I'm one of the scumbags of the earth who has never been homeless and never intends to be. Of course, I don't define homelessness as hanging out at friend's houses all weekend and crashing at home during the week (or work week, even) either. DHS now defines homeless as anyone who chooses not to stay at home; but as far as I'm concerned, if you have a home and just don't want to contribute to the household, you're not homeless, you're an asshole.

The raised rent claim is utter non-sense with no right answer.

tell him you have a lease, and that you will contact the courts/lawyer if he does not honor it.

There are myriad reasons why the poor have a much harder time enforcing their rights, Two Thumbs....and why the wealthy exploit them. That scenario is not altogether out of the realm of possibility.

Ima gonna fill you and Jbeuk on on sumptin;

I am poor.

I have has a land lord try to up my rent. When we were standing outside the court house he started to mumble his apologies and that after further research, blah blah blah. I took him to task, got a better apartment for the same rent.

Land lords (some) will out the screws to pussies, you turn the screws on them they flop like a school yard bully.

and no, I didn't have a lawyer.

tell him you have a lease, and that you will contact the courts/lawyer if he does not honor it.
Some complexes don't have leases like those you're thinking of

I have never heard of any place with rent that does not have a legal contract of some kind.

I've rented houses from people and realators
Rented units out of rows
Rented storage units
rented apartments in complexes
rented houses from housing
rented apartments from housing
applied at god knows how many other places.

everywhere and everyone had a lease.

Please tell me where you can live lease free so I can pay what ever I want and the land lord can try to kick me out of he wants.

I lived out of a Back Pack from 80 to 84, traveling the Country, working when I could, where I found it, before I settled. I knew the Interstates, Highway's, Streets, National Parks, really well. Hopped a Freight Train once with 3 Friends, from Missoula to Spokane, another from Spokane to Minneapolis. There is no place harder than the Streets, there is No worse Discrimination, to many, you are a Non-Person, the bottom of the Totem Pole. It is a very unique position for seeing the Best and the Worst in People, both The Angel's and The Demon's.

Wow there are a lot of homeless people who stopped being homeless and now devote themselves full time to pretending to be superior to everyone in the internet.

I find that kinda amazing, and also wonder why the hell I spend any time at all arguing with people who obviously have issues.

I'm one of the scumbags of the earth who has never been homeless and never intends to be. Of course, I don't define homelessness as hanging out at friend's houses all weekend and crashing at home during the week (or work week, even) either. DHS now defines homeless as anyone who chooses not to stay at home; but as far as I'm concerned, if you have a home and just don't want to contribute to the household, you're not homeless, you're an asshole.
I can't help but think that this post is directed towards me, even though I have never claimed any sort of superiority because of my past circumstances.
I only relay my story as a way to validate that there is still such a thing as the "American Dream".
That through hard work and perseverance one CAN pull themselves up by their own boot-straps and be a productive member of society.

If, by *not ever* being homeless, you think you are better than anyone else then maybe you are correct in your self-assessment of the title of "Scumbag".

:eusa_hand:

There are myriad reasons why the poor have a much harder time enforcing their rights, Two Thumbs....and why the wealthy exploit them. That scenario is not altogether out of the realm of possibility.

I am poor.

I have has a land lord try to up my rent. When we were standing outside the court house he started to mumble his apologies and that after further research, blah blah blah. I took him to task, got a better apartment for the same rent.

Land lords (some) will out the screws to pussies, you turn the screws on them they flop like a school yard bully.

I'm poor too. I don't count on the courts or state institutions to go to bat for me. I don't think it's worth the effort. I can expend that energy in a much more productive manner; i.e., parenting my children, focusing on being a decent person and doing the right thing. If I have a landlord try to up my rent w/out warning then I move.

Poor people do get the shaft but let me tell you something about poor people (and this is a subject I know inside and out)...they are poor because of bad choices and a lack of interest in their economic status; or they are poor because they're just stupid. The point is, people will shit on you when you're poor (and a poor single woman, omg, the schools shit on you, the courts shit on you, even the cops shit on you). But we ALL have the opportunity in this country to dig our way up into a different state of being. It's just about coming to terms with what needs to be done and what you are willing to change or sacrifice in order to get it done.

I am poor.

I'm poor too. I don't count on the courts or state institutions to go to bat for me. I don't think it's worth the effort. I can expend that energy in a much more productive manner; i.e., parenting my children, focusing on being a decent person and doing the right thing. If I have a landlord try to up my rent w/out warning then I move.

Poor people do get the shaft but let me tell you something about poor people (and this is a subject I know inside and out)...they are poor because of bad choices and a lack of interest in their economic status; or they are poor because they're just stupid. The point is, people will shit on you when you're poor (and a poor single woman, omg, the schools shit on you, the courts shit on you, even the cops shit on you). But we ALL have the opportunity in this country to dig our way up into a different state of being. It's just about coming to terms with what needs to be done and what you are willing to change or sacrifice in order to get it done.
This post changes how I took your previous one.

Thanks

:cool:

I am poor.

Sometimes it's just better to not predetermine where Another is at, or what they are going through, or why. Just Saying.... ;)

I am poor.

It shouldn't be so fucking hard, Allie, especially not for families.

I had to pay a 250 dollar speeding ticket. Damn! How the hell fast was I going? I also caused 550 dollars damage backing into a parked car. I had no idea poor people were such shitty drivers.

I am poor.

It shouldn't be so fucking hard, Allie, especially not for families.

Life's not fair and it's often cruel.

My Dad taught me that, and I'm teaching my kids.

If you live in a house that you don't pay for. Do you care about it? How about the kids that know it's not really yours?

Now lets say you live in a home you bought (and I hope you do). It's yours. Do you care about it? It's paid off, so no big deal. right?

I already know the answers.

My point is, when (not if) my kids make it in life, they will cherrish everything so much more than kids that get things handed to them, or kids of adults that had everything handed to them.

I had to pay a 250 dollar speeding ticket. Damn! How the hell fast was I going? I also caused 550 dollars damage backing into a parked car. I had no idea poor people were such shitty drivers.

I have been poor, middle class and kinda sorta well-off -- and yet my driving has remained shitty.

(The point was about how devastating an unexpected expense can be to the marginal, Leweman...but I'm sure you knew that.)

I have been poor, middle class and kinda sorta well-off -- and yet my driving has remained shitty.

(The point was about how devastating an unexpected expense can be to the marginal, Leweman...but I'm sure you knew that.)

must not do it
remain calm
breath
why, why did you
urgh
loosing control
can't stop
AAAAHHHH!

Women drivers, what do you expect?

sowwy, I tried really really hard not to post that. Honest :)

must not do it
remain calm
breath
why, why did you
urgh
loosing control
can't stop
AAAAHHHH!

I dunno, Two Thumbs....my brother can't drive for shit either. Neither could my ex.

must not do it
remain calm
breath
why, why did you
urgh
loosing control
can't stop
AAAAHHHH!

I dunno, Two Thumbs....my brother can't drive for shit either. Neither could my ex.

Maybe you are contageous?

:dunno:

I made it to the end of the month with a bank balance of $462.

I contested the speeding ticket and reduced the cost to $50.

Forum List

Back